Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see a lot of people starting 1 or 2 rookies in the backline. Barring Nathan Brown (not gonna score well) I can't see any rookie priced players guaranteed a game week in week out. Personally I can see a lot of donuts happening.

I've gone for shaw, Gibson, Kelly, newness, Ibbotson, goodes for my starting 6, saad and whatever other rookie looks like he will get an odd game are on my bench.
It's not sitting easy with me knowing that ive spent so much on midpricers. What are other peoples thoughts.
If Essendon cop a long ban we're going to be balls deep in back rookies.

Well maybe not balls deep but we'll be half shaft in.

I'm over the backline and am not going to pay overs for retirees, vigilante team switchers, kpp and hacks so I have decided to set every other line and leave this as the place to trade based on performance during the season.
So my set-up is
3-1-4
5-1-5
1-1-1
4-0-4

Ultimately i would prefer to pay the same money for guys with massive potential or just plain will score more and than paying for garbage. I really think having this extra prem in mid and forward will make more combined with a lower cost back than paying big for a potential big back who will probably have to change anyway as the season unfolds. Uck it...take your best shot at guessing the back six with limited money and then allocate more trades there as you more set in the other lines.
just my thoughts after way too much time looking at an overpriced, weak, no confidence defender list.

Tend to agree, I would rather get a zero and spend money elsewhere than pay mid price for a bloke thats going to start and average 60 and give me nothing in term of price rise.

Why would you remove Shaw? Would remove a more speculative backline pick (there are plenty of them this year) instead.
It's out of Kade and Shaw, I choose the guy who will play 16 games this season

righto, didn't realise you had invested heavily back there.
I could make cash elsewhere and upgrade 1of sutcliffe and pittard, but I'm an idiot so that's not going to happen ;)

Thoughts on Nick Haynes? Thinking he could be a nice POD to Newnes, KK and or Lumumba

I like him a lot. Had him in my team for quite a while but remade my team and had enough cash to have Shaw instead.

Could be a very good POD and I would take him over KK this year. But probably not over Newnes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is everyone else weighing up which one of Higgins, 'The Prince' and Adcock to start at D4?

Got Goodes at D4. The verdict today means that I might have to change that now. Will still wait for Rd 1 teams, if Oxley, McIntosh, Saad, Hamling, Goddard, McKenzie get selected 2 starting rookies is a possibility.

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on Docherty at $412k. I know he's a bit unproven and not the cheapest, but I rate him. Is he expected to get much mid time? Or am I better spending an extra $100k for a premo defender?

On an upward trend and will have played 50 games by the end of the season. Round 1 pick. Is as good a mid range/breakout option as any. Oompalumba is fools gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back