List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh people can crack the shits over something that's not going to effect the overall performance dramatically if they want, that improvement will come from the likes of Hogan, Brayshaw, Petracca etc.

Spot on.. talented youngsters that we get in the draft :thumbsu:

such as 1st and 2nd Melksham round picks :cry::cry:

When have we ever drafted someone that wasn't garbage or Howe or a F/S in the second round of the draft? Obviously us trading out of the second round every year since 2011 doesn't help, but we've managed to bring in enough speculative talent regardless.

So after some time to process...

Really Melbourne? Jake ****ING Melksham?

I mean seriously. We have obviously gone in with a priority list about the players we are after. The list goes something like:
1) Have they played more than 100 games?
2) Are they older than 21?
3) Can we resolve our minimum salary cap issue?

AT NO POINT HAVE ANY OF YOU ****ERS LOOKED AT IT AND WONDERED IF THE PLAYER WAS ACTUALLY ANY GOOD.

MELKSHAM HAS ABOUT HALF A SEASON OF FORM. FROM TWO YEARS AGO.

FOR ****S SAKE DEES. WE GOT BERNIE MANLOVE VINCE FOR PICK 23 TWO YEARS AGO. A FAIR DINKUM GUN FOR A SECOND ROUNDER. INSTEAD OF THAT, YOU HAVE ACTUALLY DELIVERED US A ****ING WHIPPING BOY AND PISSED AWAY A DRAFT PICK WHILE DOING SO. I THOUGHT WE HAD GOTTEN PAST THIS AFTER THE 2011 DEBACLE. YOU ****ING IDIOTS.

I MEAN, I COULD RUN A FOOTY CLUB BETTER. PRETTY SIMPLE PRIORITY LIST:

1) DONT ****ING GIVE UP A ****ING SECOND ROUND PICK FOR JAKE ****ING MELKSHAM.

LIST COMPLETE. I AM NOW A BETTER FOOTBALL MANAGER THAN JOSH MAHONEY.

BUT THAT AINT ALL FOLKS. FOR THE LOW LOW PRICE OF ONE MARK OF THE YEAR WINNER WHO FLIES CONSTANTLY AND WHO CAN ACTUALLY KICK A ****ING GOAL IF YOU USE HIM IN THE FORWARD LINE WE LOOK TO BE GETTING A BLOKE WHO CAN'T GET MORE THAN A GREEN VEST IN A SHITTY COLLINGWOOD SIDE. DIDN'T WE LEARN FROM HERETIER? NO?

**** OFF MELBOURNE. **** OFF SETTING YOURSELF UP AS FEEDERS AND ACCEPTING MEDIOCRITY.

When have we ever drafted someone that wasn't garbage or Howe or a F/S in the second round of the draft? Obviously us trading out of the second round every year since 2011 doesn't help, but we've managed to bring in enough speculative talent regardless.
We'll have a Toumpas pick in the second round, so lets see how that one goes. ANB was third round, and he looks alright. So was JKH, and he looked alright.

Lol, youre seriously not using this as a legitimate reason with a straight face are you?

Please tell me youre " jus' playin' "...

We'll have a Toumpas pick in the second round, so lets see how that one goes. ANB was third round, and he looks alright. So was JKH, and he looked alright.
Different draft. Doubt there'll be much good from about 25 onwards.

Yah. The third round has served us perfectly well.

Lol, youre seriously not using this as a legitimate reason with a straight face are you?

Please tell me youre " jus' playin' "...
Please tell me that after the past decade you're not still this upset about losing draft picks?

Mahoney needs to redeem himself here, even if that means letting Howe walk to the PSD.

I don't think that any of us are looking for some spectacular steal so we can rub it in anyone else's face what trade meastros how team is. How ******* lame would that be? But we need people at our club that can at least extract a FAIR deal. We're going backwards while other teams are getting advantages if we bend over as easy as we did today.

It's also an image thing. We already look weak from having been shit on field for almost a decade. How can anybody, prospective targetted gun players or our own good players that we need to keep, take us seriously when we're such push overs.

2013 was apparently a week draft as well, yet the Rising Star winner came from pick 28. I'd back a random stab in the dark at pick 25 over a player that's done **** all for two years and will possibly be banned for another two.

Would be a shame to see Howe leave, he's got a shit tattoo and a worse attitude but he's somewhat a victim of mismanagement... the defence experiment didn't work yet he still managed to end up Top 10 in our BnF. If Melksham is a second rounder, Howe is surely worth more.

As for the Toump, happy to see him go but wouldn't be surprised if he ended up a decent player either.

Anyone know when James Sicily is out of contract at the Hawks? seems like a player that could become quiet handy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the start of the week Mahoney said our plan was to get in role players around the age of 21-24 without damaging our position in the draft. He also said we wanted to improve our draft position and get 'multiple top 10 picks' (he probably meant first round picks).

I agree that 25 for Melk isn't the end of the world but I don't see how we are going to inprove our draft position when nobody wants our players and we have have no 2nd round pick.

People calling for mahoneys head lol
We got Garlett for junk picks last year
Pushed Frawley out to get Brayshaw thanks to some negotiation with the afl
We got 23 fr Sylvia which we traded for an almost AA
We got Tyson and Salem relatively cheap
We got cross for nothing

Now we pay slightly overs on a bloke an you all want to kill yourselves
****ing hell you the majority of you guys must be 15

If we lose howe for nothing I'll get closer to your side but it hasn't happened yet

Last edited:
So, what position does Ben Kennedy play if we do indeed pick him up? he is pretty small, hobbit like.

Small forward rotating into the middle
Also it says we are gonna demand a second round pick back aswell for howe
Clearly we will seeing as GC were offering 3

Please tell me that after the past decade you're not still this upset about losing draft picks?

Recruiting youngish highly drafted duds hasnt worked for us either, just incase you hadnt noticed... Dawes, Gillies, Messen et al

Give me a draft pick, picked by a decent recruiter and a semi decent development program over of steaming hot cow patty on very decent coin any day of the week.

Recruiting youngish highly drafted duds hasnt worked for us either, just incase you hadnt noticed... Dawes, Gillies, Messen et al

Give me a draft pick, picked by a decent recruiter and a semi decent development program over of steaming hot cow patty on very decent coin any day of the week.

I don't like that you have such a negative look on melksham
One of the few posters who's opinion I genuinely respect

People calling for majoneys head lol
We got Garlett for junk picks last year
Pushed Frawley out to get Brayshaw thanks to some negotiation with the afl
We got 23 fr Sylvia which we traded for an almost AA
We got Tyson and Salem relatively cheap
We got cross for nothing

Now we pay slightly overs on a bloke an you all want to kill yourselves
******* hell you the majority of you guys must be 15

If we lose howe for nothing I'll get closer to your side but it hasn't happened yet

Agree with all of the points you raise and I find the whinging about Melksham ridiculously premature.

From what I recall he is much better player than Grimes, Bail, Matt Jones, Michie, Riley, Terlich.

In summary I expect that Jake Melksham will improve our midfield and/or halfback line because he has better running ability, disposal and game smarts than all of the aforementioned players (note some are delisted)

I am quite happy to see us use pick 25 as I will admit I am not certain we would draft anyone better than Jake as the draftees after pick 20 are a gamble.

Keep your head up everyone

I'm not that upset about this - we need to get role players in who are going to build around the Hulk as the centrepiece. We're doing that. We can't get Dangerfield, but need players who can go about their business to get it done.

Also not that fussed about Howe - i'll be frank, he takes a speccie, plays on and turns it over. Love him as a highlight reel though.

Wow, you guys are turning into Richmond supporters, it sad.

With the dribble you guys post it's no wonder all of the decent posters have stopped coming here.

And yet these same people who tell you <insert recruit> will be a dead set dud for us constantly get it right.

The 'decent posters' you speak of must just have their head up their arse or know nothing about players from opposing clubs.

Ive thrown names up of players id love us to recruit (not named Dangerfield) , its not like I'm against everyone out there on the market who isn't a big name, yet we are constantly magnetised to these players who will give us nothing in return.

The list continues to grow and so does my frustration, Melksham, FFS. I dont care how weak this draft is, in no universe is he worth a 2nd round pick, i could probably deal with this much better for a pick above 40.

If we went looking to recruit ego and tickets on one's self over brains and football talent, bravo, job done, A ****ing plus. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back