2015 Wooden Spoon Predictions

Who will win the 2015 wooden spoon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

TEMPLATE FOR RESPONDING TO THIS THREAD

I think [insert team you hate the most] will win the wooden spoon.

But there is a small chance [insert team you believe is most likely to win the spoon] will win the spoon.
Your template is broken...

I think Port Adelaide will win the wooden spoon.

But there is a small chance St Kilda will win the spoon.

I rate Geelong's as better. Selwood, Duncan, Johnson, Caddy and Guthrie is a better starting 5 than Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Curnow and Thomas nowadays, and I'd take Horlin-Smith, Kelly, Murdoch, Stokes and Motlop ahead of Tutt, Bell, Graham, Everitt and Carrazzo.
Yes but you couldn't be more biased except if you were a cats supporter ..credibility = 0

Changed my vote to the dogs after previously going for st kilda

I actually have strong strong feeling
18th Bulldogs
17th GWS

I'm holding off final predictions but for Dogs I see a young midfield and Giants don't think will be as good as Gold Coast over next 5 years.
Other than Jeremy Cameron can't see atm any young Giant breaking into the elite level and hard to see them beating a lot of teams in 2015

18th Bulldogs
17th GWS

I'm holding off final predictions but for Dogs I see a young midfield and Giants don't think will be as good as Gold Coast over next 5 years.
Other than Jeremy Cameron can't see atm any young Giant breaking into the elite level and hard to see them beating a lot of teams in 2015

But we play Carlton twice. Thats a great start on a soft draw.

18th Bulldogs
17th GWS

We seemed to take care of Carlton with a ton of injuries that we had, not to mention you guys had more top 10 draft picks on the field than us.

We seemed to take care of Carlton with a ton of injuries that we had, not to mention you guys had more top 10 draft picks on the field than us.

Giants list for me hard to see taking massive steps forward. Other than Jeremy Cameron, Mumford, Ward, Kelly, Shiel can't really see massive upside. Another preseason will benefit the squad but can't see too many game winners to suggest will beat a lot of sides, might get wins here and there but not a hell of a lot next year anyway

Giants list for me hard to see taking massive steps forward. Other than Jeremy Cameron, Mumford, Ward, Kelly, Shiel can't really see massive upside. Another preseason will benefit the squad but can't see too many game winners to suggest will beat a lot of sides, might get wins here and there but not a hell of a lot next year anyway
Massive compliment to the Giants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Massive compliment to the Giants.

I'm going by Suns performance last year where Suns really dropped the 8ball and did lack game winners in 2nd half of year.

Big difference first half of year flying. 2nd half when Ablett went down, were completely flat but they will learn from it and improve on it to. Giants will be similar IMO

2015 Suns will finish b/w 6-10
2016, I think GWS will be b/w 6-10

18th Bulldogs
17th GWS

Treloar. Your argument is invalid.

I see GWS coming along quite nicely, and with the addition of Patfull and Griffen should be rather competitive

I doubt the dogs will come last. Even without griffin & liberatore, they still have enough young guns that should fire often enough to get them enough wins to at least get out of the bottom 4. As in, it may be an inconsistent year as they will all fire one week, then be flat the next.

They should see a considerable increase in output from Koby Stevens in that inside role which should compensate a little bit for liberatore. He has been waiting for a chance for a while (Behind priddis at wc/then libba at wb) and I think he will take it this year.

I am still unsure as to who I think will finish last at this stage. My money is on the saints, but they won't be down for too much longer beyond this year.

Treloar. Your argument is invalid.

I see GWS coming along quite nicely, and with the addition of Patfull and Griffen should be rather competitive

No, still valid argument
Treloar is a very good young player but not elite just yet, that comes with maturity and experience

No, still valid argument
Treloar is a very good young player but not elite just yet, that comes with maturity and experience

Didn't you say "Break into the elite level?" In that case Treloar is most definitely one to watch, Along with...

Ward is probably just about there.

D. Smith
Coniglio
Whitfield
Hoskin Elliot
Shiel

They should see a considerable increase in output from Koby Stevens in that inside role which should compensate a little bit for liberatore. He has been waiting for a chance for a while (Behind priddis at wc/then libba at wb) and I think he will take it this year.
Beveridge looks to be utilising Koby in a much more outside-oriented role. He's a bit iffy when under pressure which I imagine is the main reason for it. Looked much more comfortable on the outside in NAB 1.

Beveridge looks to be utilising Koby in a much more outside-oriented role. He's a bit iffy when under pressure which I imagine is the main reason for it. Looked much more comfortable on the outside in NAB 1.
It is interesting you mention that- he was always like that with us in the middle but it was seemingly like he was trying to do too much with ball in hand- he only got a game here and there so he may have been trying to keep his spot. I didn't see options on the outside as being a big issue for you guys, but hope he does he well. I still have hopes he can turn himself into a top liner.

Excuse my ignorance, but who do you have earmarked to play that inside role? Do you have a couple in the wings, or will you try and cover with several players?

It is interesting you mention that- he was always like that with us in the middle but it was seemingly like he was trying to do too much with ball in hand- he only got a game here and there so he may have been trying to keep his spot. I didn't see options on the outside as being a big issue for you guys, but hope he does he well. I still have hopes he can turn himself into a top liner.

Excuse my ignorance, but who do you have earmarked to play that inside role? Do you have a couple in the wings, or will you try and cover with several players?
Yeah he just looks a bit rushed when under pressure (and tends to try to run straight through four guys every time he gets the ball). Like him as a player though, can have an impact almost anywhere on the ground as well which is nice. Definitely slots straight in but I wouldn't be looking to him as a fill-in for Libba.

It's tough to replace him and I imagine a few will have to pick up the slack. Wallis is the big one though, for me - played a similar role in the U18s but has been forced to adjust and play a different role as he's just not as good as Libba. Still a quality footballer though - probably just as good at winning disposals, superb hands and hits the contest just as hard - the biggest difference is that his kicking skills are woeful compared to Liberatore's. Wallis aside I imagine Boyd, Picken and Stevens will all do a little more work inside than they usually would. We hope Jong can bring his extremely strong VFL form to the AFL but that's still yet to be proven. Once Clay Smith is back he'll help as well.

So, in short, I think Wallis takes the 'role,' but he's going to need assistance. Not an easy player to cover is Libba.

and I imagine a few will have to pick up the slack. Wallis is the big one though, for me - played a similar role in the U18s but has been forced to adjust and play a different role as he's just not as good as Libba. Still a quality footballer though - probably just as good at winning disposals, superb hands and hits the contest just as hard - the biggest difference is that his kicking skills are woeful compared to Liberatore's. Wallis aside I imagine Boyd, Picken and Stevens will all do a little more work inside than they usually would. We hope Jong can bring his extremely strong VFL form to the AFL but that's still yet to be proven. Once Clay Smith is back he'll help as well.
Problem with all 4 of those and Wallis is that they all have pretty woeful skills...

Back