2016 ATP World Tour 250/500 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Beating Goffin from a set down, very impressive. As I said in my previous post, when motivated his game is top class. 3 titles now this year and first 500 title.

3 titles including a 500 (after previously having no titles). Also broke that Hopman Cup drought of 17 years. That champion mentality and clutch ability, regardless of everything else, remains present, which is good to see. Even the media spotlight on his antics has visibly toned down of late, although it's a talking point emphasis which will shadow him for some time yet.

Tomic has been somewhat of a disappointment this year, his gradual momentum has stalled in a more definitive way for me. I struggle to him cracking the top 5, he is a 7-24 type, perennial seed but rare presence in the later stages of big events. He'll get into the top 10 at some point, but just doesn't have the game nor tenacity to be a formidable fixture on the circuit.

God knows the tour needs a bit of a shake-up though. Even with Stan snagging a couple and some general out with the old & in with the new, top 4 fatigue has well and truly set in (despite their more muted presence of late).

Still, I've long been a big Kerber fan, so a great year!

God knows the tour needs a bit of a shake-up though. Even with Stan snagging a couple and some general out with the old & in with the new, top 4 fatigue has well and truly set in (despite their more muted presence of late).

Kyrgios has won 3 titles and 14th in live rankings, Thiem 4 titles and 10th in live rankings, Zverev has won a title and lost two finals and 21st in live rankings, Pouille has won a title and up to 16th in live rankings.

The most serious group of young players on the rise in a long while.

Kyrgios has won 3 titles and 14th in live rankings, Thiem 4 titles and 10th in live rankings, Zverev has won a title and lost two finals and 21st in live rankings, Pouille has won a title and up to 16th in live rankings.

The most serious group of young players on the rise in a long while.

Men's tennis is looking promising, the younger players keep improving and winning tournaments. Id would like to see one of them win a GS in 2017.

Been a very busy few weeks so I couldn't watch the Kyrgios match but it's terrific that he won his third title and in a 500 tournament most importantly. Well done to Nick!

nick-kyrgios_ap-m.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gilles Simon is my spirit animal.

ex-Aussie, Brydan Klein, beats Tiafoe in a Vegas Challenger :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Incredible stuff from Del potro. What would this guy have achieved by now if it wasn't for all those wrist injuries?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back