Prediction 2017 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm.a lousy judge of.crowds but it seems pretty good as I look over the balcony, except for the empty oppo side. 11k?

I'm.a lousy judge of.crowds but it seems pretty good as I look over the balcony, except for the empty oppo side. 11k?
I'd say close to that, maybe a touch above 10k.

Members reserve area where we sit is fuller than it usually is at this time, but yeah, the rest is looking decidedly dodgy

Yeah, I think both the members and members reserve stands were more populated than usual.

Overall crowd seems a touch below par. As someone else mentioned, something greater than 8.3k would at least have shown a bit of improvement.

The growth in membership will hopefully be reflected in attendances at some point, maybe in some of the bigger drawing games.

I'm also hoping for some growth in the Sydney TV ratings for giants games as well. They've been pretty low so far.

No point beating ourselves up though. Presumably anyone posting on here will be attending and/or watching on TV. Apart from inviting friends and family along, there's not a lot more most of us can do other than hope more people jump on board over time.

The general trend seems to be up.

I think today we saw the core Sydney game attending membership is about 7500. There's bugger all Suns support - but the figure was inflated by juniors who aren't members who were at the March.

The members stands were packed; even allowing for the lack of the first few rows.

We need to get the game attending membership to at least 10k - by which I mean, if the game is on, I'm there.

Bokonon_ my point about NRL crowds is that Sydney people don't go to games of anything. They also rarely travel. The default is TV viewing except if the game is a blockbuster or there's a bandwagon. That's why there is only one stadium with a capacity of over 50,000 in the state.

I think today we saw the core Sydney game attending membership is about 7500. There's bugger all Suns support - but the figure was inflated by juniors who aren't members who were at the March.

The members stands were packed; even allowing for the lack of the first few rows.

We need to get the game attending membership to at least 10k - by which I mean, if the game is on, I'm there.

Bokonon_ my point about NRL crowds is that Sydney people don't go to games of anything. They also rarely travel. The default is TV viewing except if the game is a blockbuster or there's a bandwagon. That's why there is only one stadium with a capacity of over 50,000 in the state.
My previous post was a bit precious on reflection and after re-reading. I do take your point, other states have always turned out bigger crowds for sporting events.

With a love for watching Aussie rules it's hard for me to understand why people would choose to watch it on TV, and I do beleive it's a game that doesn't broadcast as well as the Rugby codes and soccer. But I've never really foĺlowed any of them, except Rugby to get my nationalistic fix with the Wallabies.
You're probably in a better position to judge this one, as I understand you follow multiple sports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping for 12,000+ today, it looks like a nice day so no excuses.

Hopefully we start seeing the strong increase in membership reflected in attendances at Spotless.

Hoping for 12,000+ today, it looks like a nice day so no excuses.

Hopefully we start seeing the strong increase in membership reflected in attendances at Spotless.
It depresses me frankly. We got 14k to a North prevening game in 2015 on a freezing cold night.
Yet 12k today seems realistic and even optimistic.

It depresses me frankly. We got 14k to a North prevening game in 2015 on a freezing cold night.
Yet 12k today seems realistic and even optimistic.

Our three games at Spotless against Collingwood have gotten

July 2012: Saturday 4:40 : 8,102
Aug. 2014: Saturday 4:40 : 10,851
July 2016: Saturday 1:40 : 13,483

Building game on game, same sort of time slot, can't see why it would only be 12k today

Building game on game, same sort of time slot, can't see why it would only be 12k today
I hope it's more. It's a good day so far and there will be support for Collingwood there. Just hope their staring into the Sun and not in the members stand.

I'm expecting 15k to 18k

Remove this Banner Ad

Back