2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it just me or is the value of a first round pick dropping signifigantly these days ??? two firsts for Jake Lever ... wow very good player but damn thats a decent cost i mean Judd a brownlow medalists and the comps best player at the time went for Kennedy (a skinny potential at the time) and draft picks 3 and 20... i wonder what Judd would be worth moving in this era and not the previous ? 3x firsts ??

is it just me or is the value of a first round pick dropping signifigantly these days ??? two firsts for Jake Lever ... wow very good player but damn thats a decent cost i mean Judd a brownlow medalists and the comps best player at the time went for Kennedy (a skinny potential at the time) and draft picks 3 and 20... i wonder what Judd would be worth moving in this era and not the previous ? 3x firsts ??

Makes Roberton deal ok...doesn’t it

I'm not sure why you guys keep putting up Armo / Newnes for trades. We already lost enough experience and probably the most experienced players in our list are Armo, Steven, Gilbert, Geary
The next wave would be Newnes, Roberton, etc.

It's highly unlikely both of them get traded.

Increase money supply (future picks) and you get inflation (money worth less). Same as any economy, only difference being, draft pick value doesn't change come draft night. Ameet has discussed the inflationary implications of future picks previously.

Melbourne overpaid simple. Adelaide supporter sums up lever very well "Yes Lever is a good intercept mark however that is also reflective of the team defence system Adelaide play and the personnel we have down back with Talia and Hartigan that frees Lever to play that way

With that said a defender still needs to defend 1+1 contests and champion data indicates that Lever lost more one on one contests then he won and is ranked below the AFL average for winning one on one contests and this is even considering Lever doesn't go to the best 2-3 opposition forwards

No matter how you cut it Melbourne paid a top midfield for a developing defender who is yet to prove he can defend one on one against the best forwards in the comp"

If they lose Gibbs they'll be after some support in the midfield. I'd be offering them Jack Newnes and something else. Probably won't happen, but that's the way I'd go.

86128d416d4ff806f1fda43a217d2bd4.gif

Probably the classiest and most heartfelt leave taking I have read.
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/li...m/news-story/c060f8aac01d8f72d19e08c52c635756
Jarman Impey.:thumbsu:
Impey’s emotional response to Hawthorn trade

Jarman Impey has given an emotional response to his trade from Port Adelaide to Hawthorn on Instagram.

“Almost a year ago my dad, my best friend, my #1 supporter, the man who single handily raised me left this earth,” Impey wrote. “Unfortunately my best football left with him. I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to give you my best during the season. Sometimes the pressures outside of football can get a bit much. My perspective on life has changed and as important as football is to me, family will always come first.

“I am sorry if anyone is disappointed by this decision but I can assure you this decision has nothing to do with PAFC as a club. I can’t fault this club, they’ve done more for me then (sic) I could ever ask! It’s a great place to be; it is simply what I believe is in the best interest of both of us.

“I am ready for the new challenges ahead of me and feeling very grateful that Hawthorn, the football team that inspired me growing up has seen the potential in me and welcomed me to their club. Thank you PAFC for getting me through some really hard — dark times and for bringing me back home, I will always be cheering for you.

“I have without a doubt made life long friends during my time here in Adelaide, especially my team mates who I will miss tremendously. I’m ready to take on football and make the most of the job I’m so lucky to have. See you all next year.

“Much love, Jars x.”

Lever’s emotional response to Melbourne trade

Jake Lever has given an emotional response to his trade from Adelaide to Melbourne on Instagram.

"Get f..ked ya dim witted, serial killing, barrel filling arseholes"

why do we want Tomlinson again :huh:
The list manager and recruiting team have been into him for years.

They know what the team lacks and why he is important to our structure, gameplan, and generally what he brings to the team

Pick 6 for Prestia ooh yuck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The list manager and recruiting team have been into him for years.

They know what the team lacks and why he is important to our structure, gameplan, and generally what he brings to the team

Pick 6 for Prestia ooh yuck.

I reckon Prestia had a lot better form than Tommo ever had though. He was in the Suns best few players a couple of years ago. I think because his 2016 was injury plagued people forgot how good he'd been. Tomlinson is a third tall defender with poor disposal and never been better than a good honest player at GWS. He's like a not as exciting Gilbert to me but has a little more impact as a one on one defender. Still he means we can leave Brown out and put a more mobile defender in for guys like Buddy or the smaller quick forwards. We need to get someone in that role so if we can swap for Hickey it's a win win.

I reckon they've handcuffed Moorabbin Ghost to a chair in the war room so he can't leak any secrets.
#savetheghost.

Toilet cleaning day at Seaford today so pretty busy.
I did sneak a peak at Trouts whiteboard while I was emptying his bin though and it seems we have a player keen to join us on a nice deal. Problem is he's contracted so won't be easy to pry him out.

I did sneak a peak at Trouts whiteboard while I was emptying his bin though and it seems we have a player keen to join us on a nice deal. Problem is he's contracted so won't be easy to pry him out.

Will we be over or under whelmed by said potential player Rabbs???

Any cryptic clues?

So we don't want a player who is pushing to play a final? I say that shows a lot of heart to get on the track and try play. If he had a medical and it's clean no issues for me.

Thinking about it this way mate myself

Menzel is 25years old will cost us two year contract that is all for a guy to me is a better player.

We have way too much $ unspent on cap , why not offer Wright & Pierce to continue next year existing contract
on Rookie List similar to what we did with Saunders if they do something next year all good if don’t goodbye.

Delist Holmes

Upgrade Okearney

Just playing with our rookie list while it still exists

I'm not sure why you guys keep putting up Armo / Newnes for trades. We already lost enough experience and probably the most experienced players in our list are Armo, Steven, Gilbert, Geary
The next wave would be Newnes, Roberton, etc.

It's highly unlikely both of them get traded.

Put yourself in the place of a list manager.
Someone offers you David Armitage for a trade. It will cost you a bit of cash too. He's coming off a season when he's played no footy.
Or you could get Sam Gibson for next to nothing.
Get real!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back