2017 Trade & FA Targets - The Last Supper #Ameetos

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of crap.

Show me where anyone has said they prefer 2 picks over a star.

Watts and Tambling say hi.

Did you read what I wrote. I said I wanted one star. I never mentioned that other people didn't want that but I still say there are many people who like the excitement of 2 picks over one pick even if it's higher. Is that ok judge bf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you read what I wrote. I said I wanted one star. I never mentioned that other people didn't want that but I still say there are many people who like the excitement of 2 picks over one pick even if it's higher. Is that ok judge bf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
True , in essence we just have a slightly better pick then what we would have had had we not traded pick 10 last year. So we have 7 & 8 in one year rather than 8& 10 in two years . Yeah there were some extras thrown in but only time will tell if there was much difference

Rofl. Wayne Hughes has done a very good job since we got him.

Are people really surprised we haven't landed a big fish?

The last big fish we landed was Aaron Hamill the best part of 20 years ago

Let's just go to the draft, get our 2 top 8 kids & enjoy having a very competitive youngest & least experienced team in the comp.

I want A star, and I'll back the club to get it right with pick 7 and/or 8. There's no guarantee, but it seems most of us take comfort out of the fact that two opportunities in the top 10 allow us greater opportunity to do so. There are busts and steals at every pick in the draft, looking over the history of it, I'd rather 2 stabs at 7&8 than one stab at 3.

Surely Mav has to get his folks to move to Melbourne, get Goddard in Wellers ear and we grab him cheap next year? He's no world beater but he's pretty much exactly what we are looking for, if he took his game to the next level would be massive
Do you want to pay him $4M over 5 years though? That's the price we'd have to match. He won't come just because his brother's here, just like he's not going to GC because he's "homesick".

The challenge is improving with the young players we already have.

7&8 as first years aren't expected to do a great deal, obviously no ready made star.

Acres, Gresham, McKenzie, Dunstan, Longer types need to step it up, consistently.

Will be again wanting to attract players and will need to be impressive to do so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Soooo..... the net result of our trade period will be:

In: M Talia
images

"s**t'S HAPPENING!!!"

His mate Sinclair will resent being shown up and kick 46 in the last half of the season.
Delicious.

I have a healthy serving of the Saints pessimism running through my veins, but I’m pumped for next year. Seriously underrated on a touch of momentum. Lots of upside in this group.

It's not like we missed out on any big fish, there weren't any in the pond this year for us.

We had no interest in rocky (for whatever reason), stringer s**t hit the fan (not sure our interest level after all that came out) and we didn't want to pay for lever.

It's not like Kelly or dusty or Sloane or fyfe (who we wanted) chose anyone over us. s**t even tomilson gws don't want to trade him so what can you do.

The only one we asked for and missed it seems is D Smith, but he isn't that a grader everyone seems to want

It means B&F results aren't always everything. No way was Geary the 3rd best player on our list this year. I think this data suggests he's an elite player, but he isn't.

It's one of the awards that defenders can do well in though. Defenders don't necessarily give highlight reels but Geary does play team first footy and looks like he does exactly what's asked of him without complaint. Coaches love those types more than a guy who gives you three goals and no defensive pressure in the forward line. More a reflection of how the coaches rate a players impact than the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back