List Mgmt. 2018 Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Lewis is done also. So Maynard might get a look in and presto, zero depth. None.
That's not quite how it works.
If Petracca and Jones move into the midfield then we are replacing a winger and a forward. We don't need to play 2 more inside mids.
So Garlett and Baker/Stretch/JKH would be the depth.
Plus we haven't been to the trade period, clearly we are gonna try and get some blokes in if we are letting so many go

Buyer beware on KK has had major issues with concussion injuries.

Were going to get him for dick all. This is a Robert Campbell type trade. If we get something out of him then fantastic. But he’s amazing potential value. He was a better Hunt but without the leg speed.

Buyer beware on KK has had major issues with concussion injuries.

So has Angus Brayshaw....

Came 3rd in the Brownlow this year whilst giving the opposition a head start.

So Maynard is our depth? Because the others play every week...
They are all inside mid depth.
If Salem gets called into the midfield as he was earlier in the season, someone comes in and goes to half back (Hunt). We have it covered.

Last edited:
In some ways I’m glad. We had a reasonable shot at a flag this year but got the s**t kicked out of us at the penultimate hurdle.

I don’t want to lose Hogan, however this presents the opportunity to aggressively improve the list. If there’s players that for various reasons: financial, personal or other can’t commit to the MFC I’d rather they GTFO now. If there’s players at other clubs that want to jump on board and make us successful then get them in ASAP.
Couldn't agree more Johnny K

Make no mistake Kade Kolo was as exciting a young HBF in the comp as their was a few years ago. He's got lovely skills. If we can get him back to the player he was projected to be we will he laughing.
Yeah he was tracking very well in his first couple of years. Reckon KK getting a fresh start is the best thing for him so I'm pleased to hear he's nominated our team. I think it will be a really good trade for us.

KK nominating us is a great outcome: sure, he might never get back to anywhere near what he was (or may never even play a game for us), but provided we pay basically nothing it's worth the risk. It's a bit like Balic last year: sure, it didn't work out, but we paid next to nothing, and the potential reward was worth it. This helps to counter the losses we're looking like having, so is a great outcome.

Is anyone else just getting sick and tired of the Hogan Speculation?

I'm personally getting to the point of thinking we just get rid of him, but make the other teams pay big. The constant hogan Speculation can't be good for a settled team environment.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps it's all good, I'm just over it all.

Is anyone else just getting sick and tired of the Hogan Speculation?

I'm personally getting to the point of thinking we just get rid of him, but make the other teams pay big. The constant hogan Speculation can't be good for a settled team environment.

Perhaps I'm wrong, perhaps it's all good, I'm just over it all.
think its past the point of speculation now mate..he is goneski

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not just head - he had greater health issues around his gut/stomach that caused him to lose a lot of weight in his third year. He's had to adjust his diet considerably to deal with that and he's been sort of unable to put the necessary weight back on. Then he got a string of concussions over a period of 2-3 years that have really rattled his confidence and ability.

I think that's mainly because of the fact that came from Tassie where its really cold to a much warmer environment like Gold Coast which could have impacted his diet/gut problems.

Angus will block KK coming to us as two guys running around with helmets will kill his 2019 Brownlow chances.
Helmet2Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back