Toast 2022 Peter Crimmins Medal chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Total votes. Just for a reference from myself, really.

NAMETOTAL
James SICILY123
Jai NEWCOMBE115
Dylan MOORE113
Blake HARDWICK82
Tom MITCHELL79
Mitchell LEWIS74
Jaeger O’MEARA65
Finn MAGINNESS61
Harry MORRISON59
Jack SCRIMSHAW59
Jack GUNSTON56
Conor NASH49
Luke BREUST49
Changkuoth JIATH47
Josh WARD40
Connor MACDONALD35
Denver GRAINGER-BARRAS32
Sam FROST32
Will DAY32
Jarman IMPEY28
Ned REEVES27
Chad WINGARD24
Jacob KOSCHITZKE21
James BLANCK18
Lachlan BRAMBLE18
James WORPEL16
Joshua MORRIS15
Ben MCEVOY12
Sam BUTLER10
Daniel HOWE6
Liam SHIELS6
Tom PHILLIPS5
Emerson JEKA3
Jai SERONG2
Kyle HARTIGAN2
Jack SAUNDERS1
Max LYNCH1

Total votes. Just for a reference from myself, really.

NAMETOTAL
James SICILY123
Jai NEWCOMBE115
Dylan MOORE113
Blake HARDWICK82
Tom MITCHELL79
Mitchell LEWIS74
Jaeger O’MEARA65
Finn MAGINNESS61
Harry MORRISON59
Jack SCRIMSHAW59
Jack GUNSTON56
Conor NASH49
Luke BREUST49
Changkuoth JIATH47
Josh WARD40
Connor MACDONALD35
Denver GRAINGER-BARRAS32
Sam FROST32
Will DAY32
Jarman IMPEY28
Ned REEVES27
Chad WINGARD24
Jacob KOSCHITZKE21
James BLANCK18
Lachlan BRAMBLE18
James WORPEL16
Joshua MORRIS15
Ben MCEVOY12
Sam BUTLER10
Daniel HOWE6
Liam SHIELS6
Tom PHILLIPS5
Emerson JEKA3
Jai SERONG2
Kyle HARTIGAN2
Jack SAUNDERS1
Max LYNCH1

Every club does their B&F a little differently in regards to what scores votes, but I'm scratching my head at Serong polling more votes than Max Lynch.

Would have expected Max to poll a couple more because he had some stretches in games where he was all over his opponent. And I'm wondering what Serong did in his games to warrant the votes he got.

Every club does their B&F a little differently in regards to what scores votes, but I'm scratching my head at Serong polling more votes than Max Lynch.

Would have expected Max to poll a couple more because he had some stretches in games where he was all over his opponent. And I'm wondering what Serong did in his games to warrant the votes he got.
It could have been as simple as "we want to see you get up a contest on the wing and back to the square at least 5 times a quarter", and then he gets a vote for playing his role.

They explained the system at the start of the count. Not sure if the video is available of the count, but it would be good to revisit.

It could have been as simple as "we want to see you get up a contest on the wing and back to the square at least 5 times a quarter", and then he gets a vote for playing his role.

They explained the system at the start of the count. Not sure if the video is available of the count, but it would be good to revisit.

I'm cranky because my own club only awards votes for stand out performances while role players like myself are lucky to get Max Lynch votes 🤣.

At a previous club every player was given a score out of 5 for each game depending on how well they played their role. You could score half points too.
I really liked that model. I assume Fremantle had something similar the year Crowley won.

I'm cranky because my own club only awards votes for stand out performances while role players like myself are lucky to get Max Lynch votes 🤣.

At a previous club every player was given a score out of 5 for each game depending on how well they played their role. You could score half points too.
I really liked that model. I assume Fremantle had something similar the year Crowley won.

I really like that style, but it's probably more demanding on the vote givers.

I once played at a club that for club BnF handed out 5,4,3,2,1 to the best 5 players week in week out. Meant the 6th best player the week the team played like world beaters gets 0 but had a heaps better game than the bloke who was third best the week you got smashed by a cricket score. And for that club the end of season count became starting rover 1st, starting ruck rover 2nd, and daylight to the next very quickly.

Hoping for more than 25 PCM's out of Chad next season. And big Noodle!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back