Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Meara has spent his entire career at bog average clubs, yet he began it with the promise of becoming a rolled gold superstar.

He may be wanting to play for us for chance to have a memorable end to his career.

If his salary is smoothed, and if it is more or less a trade for Meek it is palatable. But we really need to prioritise Erasmus and Johnson.

JOM is one of the most professional guys in the AFL. He’s in that Brayshaw, Neale, Fyfe level in terms of prep, life outside footy etc.
Harley Bennell and Guy McKenna (and Campbell Brown) might have an interesting observation or two for you about old JoMmy's off field culture.

Young and Serong are over here at the mo'. Judging by the frequency of the tagged locations in their posts, I should be able to stalk them good and make it impossible for him to move clubs tomorrow.

The things I do for this club.

New York Wtf GIF by Lifetime
I see YOU

I don't think we can overpay for anyone. We have nothing left to trade.

I always expect a jolt on the final day of trade period, and it’s been a few years since there was a real surprise.

So, any chance the long-ago squashed theory of Liam Henry potentially looking at options takes a turn tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did he steal your girlfriend or something?
Nope, he'd need to try harder to steal her. Defensive positioning, group communication and tagging is hardly his speciality, and his endurance rating is poor. No threat to me...

Worried about his knees traveling across the continent every second week…

This is really one from left field. Hope the club know what they’re doing.

It’s weird isn’t it.

People would rather place faith in Corbett and Sharp then back in Jackson and JOM.

I get it’s about price, but Jackson and JOM 100% go into best 22. Corbett and Sharp are complete unknowns.
I think in psych they refer to it as the 'but they could be anything' bias

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Tapatalk

Completely disagree with you, and no I won't be joining you to watch him play. Under any circumstances for any reason.

I've spent too many years watching supposed messiahs who are actually washed up overpaid mature agers from other clubs join us for trades of high picks. And seen them deny the likes of Menegola from getting opportunities.

I have no interest in JOM and have no positive view, under any circumstance, of him joining us. If he does join us I will not be paying any attention to any games he plays for us. We have much young talent to celebrate, JOM is not a valuable resource, and giving up picks for him does nothing except delight Hackdorn, Colon Young and Zempilas.

When I watch Freo it will be to watch our young future, not someone like JOM. A crippled Mundy would be a far better and more culturally valuable option for us than JOM.
I wasn’t serious in wanting you to come to the game with us, don’t reckon you could hack the sense of humour with all of the crew we go with who played footy, even if it was a while ago- a hint of sarcasm, you wouldn’t be welcome….😘🤗
But how is ya thumb going??? pretty fckn sore and red by the end of tonight.

There is a chance the ins and outs could look like:

Out: Mundy, Logue, Acres, Lobb, Tucker and Meek (Blakely)

In: Jackson, (Corbett)

Corbett in brackets as he may not make the 22. Sharps price may be too high. Erasmus looks close to AFL ready however Johnson may need a bit more time.

I would prefer someone younger than JOM, however I can see the appeal of getting someone in if they're prepared to come to WA, and if we are trading out Lobb and Meek.

I wasn’t serious in wanting you to come to the game with us, don’t reckon you could hack the sense of humour with all of the crew we go with who played footy, even if it was a while ago- a hint of sarcasm, you wouldn’t be welcome….😘🤗
But how is ya thumb going??? pretty fckn sore and red by the end of tonight.
Oh what a shame, all you ex AFL player legends wouldn't want me around you, all because of what I type on an internet forum. What a shame for me. Oh boo hoo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a chance the ins and outs could look like:

Out: Mundy, Logue, Acres, Lobb, Tucker and Meek (Blakely)

In: Jackson, (Corbett)

Corbett in brackets as he may not make the 22. Sharps price may be too high. Erasmus looks close to AFL ready however Johnson may need a bit more time.

I would prefer someone younger than JOM, however I can see the appeal of getting someone in if they're prepared to come to WA, and if we are trading out Lobb and Meek.

I think Erasmus looks a bit better than close to AFL ready tbh. He’s way too good for WAFL even now. Whenever there’s an injury to the starting mids he’ll be straight in and whenever he’s at Peel he’ll be BOG. Even if he doesn’t perform initially at AFL level that cycle will continue until he’s best 22 or he gets injured.

Johnson is fair way behind him but has a bit more class with ball in hand. Will be a slower build but may end up being the better player. Would be happy enough to only see Johnson 3-5 times next year tbh.

Having said that if the AFL does increase the bench to five we’ll 100% need an extra mid in the team. That’s where recruiting JOM actually makes a fair bit of sense.

The last few hours in here. Wow.

Well done everyone. Hilarious stuff.
The night before the final day of a trade period is always a time of joy in here.

Good post. I'll add, the youngest players seem to fall away in the later rounds. We need some mature mids to keep our momentum going up to, and into the finals.
Worner's back end of the season was promising as well. I don't think the move to half-back is permanent - more that it's part of his learning like they did with NOD. I expect to see him back on a wing next year, or splitting his time wing/back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back