Strategy 2023 Bye Round Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

My strategy is avoiding these

homer simpson donuts GIF

Round 15 is a killer though!

My plan is basically replace all my dead rookies with cheap warm bodies.

Most likely grabbing Wardlaw, Ford, Fyfe, Briggs and maybe McAndrew(although he looks like a right spud.)

Hopefully by round 15 will be a cashed up bogan and can finish my side.

My plan is basically replace all my dead rookies with cheap warm bodies.

Most likely grabbing Wardlaw, Ford, Fyfe, Briggs and maybe McAndrew(although he looks like a right spud.)

Hopefully by round 15 will be a cashed up bogan and can finish my side.
How many trades left? How many upgrades left?

You can plan and then…

Oliver, Darcy, Rata get injured
Sicily likely to get suspended
Atkins may have lost his spot in the team
Not to mention the non-existential bench

BTW I may copped some of the above but not all

This Is Fine GIF

Last edited:
These are my rookies for over the bye period

Round 12 byes = Ashcroft, Roberts & Johnson
Round 13 byes = Humphrey & Atkins
Round 14 byes = Weddle, Mitchell & Ginbey
Round 15 byes = Cincotta, Drury, Madden, Wardlaw

So ill be trading Weddle, Mitchell & Ginbey in round 14 & maybe Cincotta in round 15. Ill keep the round 12 bye rookies & Humphrey + Atkins provided they keep their spots over the byes. Should be able to do a few big upgrades in rounds 14 and 15.

Dead rookies after next rounds trades are Roberts, Drury & Madden. Cincotta will hopefully come back next round! Im not sure if Atkins will retain his spot either...but if he does, looks like i'll have a fairly good set of rookies for the byes.

You can plan and then…

Oliver, Darcy, Rata get injured
Sicily likely to get suspended
Atkins may have lost his spot in the team
Not to mention the non-existential bench

BTW I may copped some of the above but not all

This Is Fine GIF

Yeah I've got Oliver, Sicily, Ratagolea and Laird. Lucky my bench is still decent. Likely can scrape 18 together.

You wait I bet Weddle, Mitchell and Ford all get rested lol.

With my projected trades, I'll likely have 20, 22, 19 and 17 players available across the four rounds (assuming Constable, Chesser, Drury and Roberts all play zero games).

The 17 in Round 15 looks pretty unavoidable at this stage, unless I sideways a Ziebell/Sheezel or a dead rookie, but I'd probably rather hold onto the trade.

With my projected trades, I'll likely have 20, 22, 19 and 17 players available across the four rounds (assuming Constable, Chesser, Drury and Roberts all play zero games).

The 17 in Round 15 looks pretty unavoidable at this stage, unless I sideways a Ziebell/Sheezel or a dead rookie, but I'd probably rather hold onto the trade.
Just imo but better to take the donut than use a trade on a rookie sideways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just imo but better to take the donut than use a trade on a rookie sideways.
Yes ,i think i m going to have to be at peace with a donut in R15.

Weddle and Mitchel are super annoying, they will be nicely fattened by R14 but i need them as warm bodies the following week.

Thinking going Ashcroft down to Ford. Using that money next week to do just the 1 trade of Ginbey/Mitchell/Weddle to Sprayshaw. Then week after going the other 2 of those 3 to Serong and a rookie. Wanted to get both freo boys next week, but doesn’t seem to be much point with it being best 18 next week with only 2 teams having the bye, as well as Serong having a high BE (although I think he goes big against Richmond). Looks like I’ll have enough in every round but 17 for now in that brutal Rd 15 bye

Not much to do now apart from wait til Thursday night and see what the damage is..

Piggy will play this week imo, and be frothing to get his snout in the trough
I reckon they'll force him to wait one more. Round 13 return will be great anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back