Strategy 2023 Bye Round Strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy?
Ha!
I was looking at 20+ this round not so long ago.
I’m ranked 4th in my cashy, playing some kent ranked 17th.
I have Piggy and Laird,plus Atkins and Drury.
He has none of these and only has 7 players with the bye!
Ya couldn’t make this s**t up!

guy joker GIF

my bye round strategy of going into the first round with the absolute minimum cover paying off handily with 12 green dots heading into next round. Annoying thing Is would be able to field 18 if my rooks (who were all playing 2 week ago) get named (they won't). Just gotta laugh at this point. At least ill do ok for the rest of the byes.

Should have 20 this week, 19 if Mitchell is out, 21 if Oliver or Cincotta plays. Weddle, Mitchell, Wardlaw, Ford and the Bear as my rookies on field. Will be great having the lowest 2 of those eliminated.

Round 15 is looking dicey, but should manage 18 by the time I cull most of the above.

my bye round strategy of going into the first round with the absolute minimum cover paying off handily with 12 green dots heading into next round. Annoying thing Is would be able to field 18 if my rooks (who were all playing 2 week ago) get named (they won't). Just gotta laugh at this point. At least ill do ok for the rest of the byes.
If you have a strong R15 squad you are a good chance to make up a lot of rank.

This week's trades are done

Ashcroft to ford
Wilmot to Ridley
Chandler to Dawson

Leaves me 110k in the kitty, could also go a bargain buy instead of Dawson for the extra cap space.

Probably one trade next week.

Dead rookie to Fyfe leaves me 13 trades.

One of weddle or Mitchell to a fresh rookie bank the 200k probably more leaves me 12

Round 15 potentially wardlaw to a rookie given his 85 would've fallen out, but happy to not trade and take a hit, leaves me with 11 if I trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This week's trades are done

Ashcroft to ford
Wilmot to Ridley
Chandler to Dawson

Leaves me 110k in the kitty, could also go a bargain buy instead of Dawson for the extra cap space.

Probably one trade next week.

Dead rookie to Fyfe leaves me 13 trades.

One of weddle or Mitchell to a fresh rookie bank the 200k probably more leaves me 12

Round 15 potentially wardlaw to a rookie given his 85 would've fallen out, but happy to not trade and take a hit, leaves me with 11 if I trade.
Get the feeling your team is close to done? Those are great trades.

Get the feeling your team is close to done? Those are great trades.
Not exactly, my forward, back and ruck lines are complete. I have three on field mid rookies, Johnson, wardlaw and Davey, but next week I'll bring fyfe in for Roberts so I can have an extra option. Those last three spots are going to be so hard to upgrade.

Trading Weddle, Mitchell, Ziebell + Sheezel at their bye is the only way I can see myself getting to 18 players for round 15. Every other round sitting quite pretty. I'd be curious to know if the consensus is to tank that last round with 16/17 playing

Trading Weddle, Mitchell, Ziebell + Sheezel at their bye is the only way I can see myself getting to 18 players for round 15. Every other round sitting quite pretty. I'd be curious to know if the consensus is to tank that last round with 16/17 playing
Better to take a donut than use a trade on a rookie sideways.

Flipping Sheezel/Ziebell might be ok if it improves your side.

Better to take a donut than use a trade on a rookie sideways.

Flipping Sheezel/Ziebell might be ok if it improves your side.
It may be the play to assume most people won't have a full squad in round 15. I don't want to chop my team up just for the sake of fielding 1 or 2 more players, I've never made it through the byes without a mistake on a captain or bad trade. It's usually where my season ends... Hopefully not this year

Sheezel is a keeper or at worst a last upgrade. Top 10 in both his lines.

I'm hoping for Jack Muller to the WEagles should be R/F which they need, mature age...
If Muller goes to the Weagles, than you'd think North's in the boxseat for Maric.
You'd think Maric also a good chance of getting blooded by WCE pretty quickly, if it goes that way.
Don't reckon he'd get a game with North for a bit though.

Rd 12 tight, 18-20, but traded into minimal clearance deliberately
Rd 13 no problems, wasted the opportunities that presented to grab the options that presented.
Rd 14 looks OK, will have 18+.
Rd 15 a struggle, but based on current planned trades this and next week, would be at 16 min and was planning to slingshot 2-3 underperformers in any case, so hopefully get the 18 together without doing anything silly.
Byes are my only real.hope this year to keep recovering rank, hoping a fair few throw Rd 15 in particular.

Rd 13 no problems, wasted the opportunities that presented to grab the options that presented.
Rd 15 a struggle, but based on current planned trades this and next week, would be at 16 min and was planning to slingshot 2-3 underperformers in any case, so hopefully get the 18 together without doing anything silly.
Byes are my only real.hope this year to keep recovering rank, hoping a fair few throw Rd 15 in particular.
Sarah Parish Love GIF by Mammoth Screen

similar but with Oliver out I now need Cinc to get up to have 18 this week. cut it a bit too fine maybe.

now have rd 15 players down to 13 but carrying 3 dead rooks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back