Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

Sloane being reassessed in 1-3 weeks to see when he can commence contact training, surely retirement must be a strong consideration now.

For his health and also the state of the team, there will be a month of footy underway before he’s ready and that’s optimistic. Then he’s going to need to displace someone with a future when we still have other players who can’t get games.

He's just going to double down again for 2025, will keep trying until he can get a full pre-season in.

It's like when you're playing best of 3 in something, and you're two down and tell the opponent "okay best of 5...7...9"

We don’t really know the extent of the injury so it’s just a guessing game for now. An optimistic situation is that there are small meniscal fragments which can be taken out via arthroscopy, and minimal repair work needs to be done. Hoping it’s something minor and we might be seeing him back in 6 weeks. Either way, I hope he can come back and regain his form that he’s been showing this preseason.
Exactly, scans are all very well but an arthroscopy will reveal all. Fingers crossed it's as minor as it can be

It’s a long season. Sounds like Thilthorpe had an excellent pre-season, so that can’t be taken away from him. Even if it’s 3 months out, still plenty of the season to go.

A chance for Gollant to have a go.

Not sure what we do re 2nd ruck though.
Dunno, I can get pretty bloody unfit in 3 months.

I'm still recovering from Christmas, for example.

Guys I reckon Burgess can potentially perform at a very high level in our forward line

May not be as big a hit to our short term as it seems

Best to get Riley right for long term and not rush
Most dominant key forward in the VFL for two straight seasons is no mean feat, and we already know he's more than handy at AFL level as well. The good thing is we have options with him and Gollant, so hopefully shouldn't see any complacency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could mount and argument that Thilly hasn’t performed at a high level at all (yet). And that Burgess, in the short term, could make us better.

May be wishful thinking. May be not.
It’s not completely wrong

Caveat is that Thilthorpe looked like he could explode this year and this is a holding pattern on his development Obvs

Tough luck for Filthy. Looks like our good recent run with injuries might be regressing to the mean

You could mount and argument that Thilly hasn’t performed at a high level at all (yet). And that Burgess, in the short term, could make us better.

May be wishful thinking. May be not.
Curtin was a FWD as a junior ....would be behind Burgess right at this moment ....but could be that 3rd tall, with a roaming license, ala Cadman

Ok, so does this method of surgical procedure mean that he should have no future issues? Is this the smart, conservative approach? If so, I’m cool with that. Get him ready for finals. Be unpredictable as a forward line etc. Always silver linings

And with Thilthorpes history of knee issues .....it would be stupid in the extreme for him to be rucking in the future ....where knee on knee clashes are common, and you're jumping / landing awkwardly with body contact

Remove this Banner Ad

Back