Injury 2024 Crows Injury Update

Remove this Banner Ad

And with Thilthorpes history of knee issues .....it would be stupid in the extreme for him to be rucking in the future ....where knee on knee clashes are common, and you're jumping / landing awkwardly with body contact
you make a very good point here WW. Pity but those days may now be passed. He had knee issues last year and i think the year before. It was quite innocuous on Saturday when he landed on the ground until he then stopped moving..

you make a very good point here WW. Pity but those days may now be passed. He had knee issues last year and i think the year before. It was quite innocuous on Saturday when he landed on the ground until he then stopped moving..
Problem bigman is he jumped for the ball with his body at an angle, and off balance ....I've seen many approach marks like that, but not at Thilthorpes height .....it was poor form & the knee injury always had a high probability

The great talls, use their body's more to split the pack, keeping their body more perpendicular to the ground, as they float across the front of a pack

One things for sure we are unlikely to see Thilthorpe at his absolute best in 2024 now. Starting to get a bit of an injury history as well which is a concern in a big unit like Thilthorpe.
What was his injury again in his U18 year ?

Ok, so does this method of surgical procedure mean that he should have no future issues? Is this the smart, conservative approach? If so, I’m cool with that. Get him ready for finals. Be unpredictable as a forward line etc. Always silver linings
It's the "best way to do it for the long term".

So... we'd hope so. Maybe see him get a game middle of the season now. Hopefully he can stay fit.

Hard luck fellas. Looked an absolute menace in the match sim against us and looked set for a massive season. AA/Sav breathe a sigh of relief that they won't have to worry about him in the first showdown.

Puts a lot of pressure on Tex to replicate 2023, which now makes Adelaide an interesting watch for 2024.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for the lad.

News on Thilthorpe is a shame, but not the end of the world. The surgery option that's been chosen should give him better long term outcomes as far as I know. There's a good chance he'll be back in the first half of the season, and I think we are fine for depth in the forward line. Disappointing but hasn't changed my excitement for the year ahead.

Curtin was a FWD as a junior ....would be behind Burgess right at this moment ....but could be that 3rd tall, with a roaming license, ala Cadman
Worrell has played forward and can be pretty handy there also. Curtain could go third tall back, a position he is naturally suited to at this stage and Worrell forward, if Burgess doesn't cut it that is. I am hopeful that he does. He played well for the the Suns against us a couple of years ago, with 9 disposals, kicking 2.1, along with 4 tackles and 5 marks, and 8 hit-outs.

Worrell has played forward and can be pretty handy there also. Curtain could go third tall back, a position he is naturally suited to at this stage and Worrell forward, if Burgess doesn't cut it that is. I am hopeful that he does. He played well for the the Suns against us a couple of years ago, with 9 disposals, kicking 2.1, along with 4 tackles and 5 marks, and 8 hit-outs.
Yep, that works as well

Hard luck fellas. Looked an absolute menace in the match sim against us and looked set for a massive season. AA/Sav breathe a sigh of relief that they won't have to worry about him in the first showdown.

Puts a lot of pressure on Tex to replicate 2023, which now makes Adelaide an interesting watch for 2024.

Hoping for a speedy recovery for the lad.
Didn’t look that good against you according to some posters in here 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we have taken the conservative approach, which is a tick.

I am worried about RT, particularly as he seems to get these knee injuries from somewhat innocuous indicents. It should also pump the breaks on posters demanding he crashes into packs constantly.

FFS.

I assume that's 12-14 weeks to be ready to play again, so presumably at least another week or 2 in the SANFL on top of that before we would consider him for AFL selection?

Does that recovery period include getting back to full fitness or is that just the timeline to being able to train again?
I would suggest that's just the injury recovery time as it's barely 3 months. However, he is still quite young so that's in his favour because blood supply to that sort of tissue drops off quickly as you age and takes longer and longer to heal. But we aren't privy to how big a repair it is either, ie full thickness or partial thickness. I'm pleased to hear they were able to take this option, it should mean he has less problems in the future

Club says Thilthorpe will be back in 12-14 weeks

Based on him being in a brace it sounds like he’s had a meniscal repair rather than a partial resection. That’s a lot longer rehab because the meniscus needs to heal in this instance and its blood supply is very poor meaning the process takes a while, Sam Menegola being a recent example. If he’s back playing AFL in 12-14 weeks as reported I’d be very surprised (although it’s not impossible) but I hope he bounces back quickly, was set for a big year. Hopefully Tex, Fog and ROB stay on the park.

Edit: Just saw Bernie L post, sorry to hear that. This procedure isn’t a slam dunk because the meniscus doesn’t always heal so one that requires patience and possibly more operations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back