• McDonald

Votes: 26 21.1%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 63 51.2%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whoever we are targeting it is probably already a done deal.

After Luke Jackson came I think it was Simon Garlick who said these things are done a long way out and not overnight.

PS I hope it is the CHAD!
Not sure it’s done deal yet, even Jackson didn’t commit until the bye round. We definitely have had the warm up discussions with their managers though.

Whoever we are targeting it is probably already a done deal.

After Luke Jackson came I think it was Simon Garlick who said these things are done a long way out and not overnight.

PS I hope it is the CHAD!
The player is clearly McDonald. Both CTD and Jammo caught wind of it last year and it makes perfect sense. I just hope Walls wasn't stupid enough to make it a done deal so early.

If we trade Port's first and our future first to Sydney for McDonald and their end of first round pick then we are effectively buying McDonald for two second round picks and a downgrade of a first.

If we then trade that late teens/early twenties end of first with the Collingwood pick for a top five pick it becomes:

Schultz, two second round picks, downgrade of our first

For

McDonald, pick #4

... and we still have another first round pick at the draft.

Would you trade pick #4 and #14 for Chad Warner?

Sam Taylor coming to Freo would be amazing, but highly unlikely while GWS are a chance for a premiership.

I think we should be keeping our eye on Curtin instead as he's a much more realistic shot of wanting to come home due to not yet being established in the Crows team, was a former Freo supporter etc..

Sam Taylor coming to Freo would be amazing, but highly unlikely while GWS are a chance for a premiership.

I think we should be keeping our eye on Curtin instead as he's a much more realistic shot of wanting to come home due to not yet being established in the Crows team, was a former Freo supporter etc..

They would probably cost the same too. Except one is a sure thing.

Taylor also in the Colin Young stable. No way in hell would Young be advising any of his good players to come to Freo. He'd only try to do it out of desperation for rejects that are about to be delisted.

There won’t be a done trade deal. We don’t even know what we’re dealing with. Low chance but say Collingwood finish 16 and we have pick 3. We wouldn’t have committed to trading our two lowest first round picks.

What would have been happening for some time is us courting McDonald to get him across to the club.

Would you trade pick #4 and #14 for Chad Warner ?
Chuck in his brother and you've got yourself a deal.
Seal The Deal Friends GIF by Filmin

more likely to want to come to Freo than the rabble he played against yesterday

Lmac is a no brainer for me will compliment our other tall fwds and help us to bat a lot deeper in area wich has been our Achilles since inception. Amiss Tracey Lmac there’s plenty of room for everyone down there especially taking into consideration rotations, injuries matchups and 2nd ruck options when needed etc . Also a great time to bring in baker whose one touch skills and leadership won’t go astray come the pointy end of the season wich is where we are headed sooner rather than later . So many options to bring high calibre players in this trade period we have a bevy of picks wich we can split and still have a decent draft hand aswell to look at drafting a decent small fwd

Sam Taylor literally had an interview in the past few days and responded emphatically with regard to interest from WC and Freo. Loving being at GWS and no interest in leaving. He is part of Colin Young stable and I can't see him leaving GWS.

LMac is out of contract and has been very coy about re-signing with Sydney. Liam Baker has bought an expensive place in Perth. Richmond are into a rebuild phase. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense him going to WCE.

I feel WCE are right into Tim English and that is their no. 1 target and focus.

I would hope that with all the pieces we have we retain a decent first round draft pick for 2024 ND. Liam Baker should be nothing more than a similar trade value to Jordan Clark (End of first round to start of second round). I’d say we take 2025 1st round off table by trading St Kilda 2nd and F2 for something around the range for Liam.

LMac will cost two first round picks in the early to mid teens. Maybe a sweetener there after with a pick swap. Two of the three First round picks. Likely they will all fall in the 8-16 range. I’m sure Collingwood will improve looking at their draw after Brisbane but a Geelong finish is not out of the question. If it ends up something like 8, 13, 16. I would hope the following and nothing more:
13,16,F3

We go to draft this year and next with first round and a later pick or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Taylor literally had an interview in the past few days and responded emphatically with regard to interest from WC and Freo. Loving being at GWS and no interest in leaving. He is part of Colin Young stable and I can't see him leaving GWS.

LMac is out of contract and has been very coy about re-signing with Sydney. Liam Baker has bought an expensive place in Perth. Richmond are into a rebuild phase. It wouldn’t make a lot of sense him going to WCE.

I feel WCE are right into Tim English and that is their no. 1 target and focus.

I would hope that with all the pieces we have we retain a decent first round draft pick for 2024 ND. Liam Baker should be nothing more than a similar trade value to Jordan Clark (End of first round to start of second round). I’d say we take 2025 1st round off table by trading St Kilda 2nd and F2 for something around the range for Liam.

LMac will cost two first round picks in the early to mid teens. Maybe a sweetener there after with a pick swap. Two of the three First round picks. Likely they will all fall in the 8-16 range. I’m sure Collingwood will improve looking at their draw after Brisbane but a Geelong finish is not out of the question. If it ends up something like 8, 13, 16. I would hope the following and nothing more:
13,16,F3

We go to draft this year and next with first round and a later pick or two.
I think a strong trader would absolutely lowball Richmond with a pick in the 20s and get away with it.

We'd give them pick 10.

I like Baker, he’s good, but at 173cm we risk being too small. We’ve noticed a bump in our form by including extra tall mids in Young and Fyfe, but we will go back to land of the short people again if we add Baker to the midfield rotation. Baker, Serong, Brayshaw won’t work as a midfield trio. Bakers best form is onball.

Which deal is worse? We start with #7, #10, #15 and #32

Pick #10 and #15 to Sydney for McDonald and #20, then #20 to Richmond for Baker
[#7, #32 at the draft plus McDonald and Baker]

Pick #7 to Sydney for McDonald, Picks #15 and #32 to Richmond for Baker and #25
[#10, #25 at the draft plus McDonald and Baker]

Want to hold the higher pick.

Even if we decide to trade back on draft night a couple places, which would come at a premium.

If you keep pick 7, you win.

I like Baker, he’s good, but at 173cm we risk being too small. We’ve noticed a bump in our form by including extra tall mids in Young and Fyfe, but we will go back to land of the short people again if we add Baker to the midfield rotation. Baker, Serong, Brayshaw won’t work as a midfield trio. Bakers best form is onball.
I’d play Baker as small forward.

If you keep pick 7, you win.
Yep keep the highest pick. Not sure we have the balls to do it though. Sydney will demand the earlier pick. Like the Jordan Clark deal it will come down to the value of that earlier pick. We valued 19 very highly and wouldn’t trade with Geelong and were happy to give up a decent sweetener to keep that pick along with 23 or whatever it was.

I hope we play the same game and take our earliest 2024 pick and F1 off the table and play with the other pieces we have.

Losing 2nd round 2024 and F2 in 2025 doesn’t bother me too much if we have a pick in the third round. Pick 30-36 is not much different to pick 42. The third round picks tend to get pulled forward and the 2nd round picks back after bid matching.

I think a strong trader would absolutely lowball Richmond with a pick in the 20s and get away with it.

We'd give them pick 10.
We should be pointing to the Henry trade. I think a pick mid 20’s if we play the trade game right. At the end of the day he is out of contract. If, which seems to be the case he wants to get to Perth then PSD is realistic option for him. West Coast will be waiting. Sure we don’t get Baker, which honestly I wouldn't lose that much sleep but Richmond would know that and cannot press too hard for a trade I. Their favour. Same went for Henry with the Hawks sweating on PSD potential so we got unders with F2.

Something like 29-33, F2 > Baker and F3

We should be pointing to the Henry trade. I think a pick mid 20’s if we play the trade game right. At the end of the day he is out of contract. If, which seems to be the case he wants to get to Perth then PSD is realistic option for him. West Coast will be waiting. Sure we don’t get Baker, which honestly I wouldn't lose that much sleep but Richmond would know that and cannot press too hard for a trade I. Their favour. Same went for Henry with the Hawks sweating on PSD potential so we got unders with F2.

Something like 29-33, F2 > Baker and F3
I agree with you, but we've time and time again that we're spineless.

I think we should keep Wallsy as the list manager but hire Dodo to do all our negotiations (and nothing else).

I agree with you, but we've time and time again that we're spineless.

I think we should keep Wallsy as the list manager but hire Dodo to do all our negotiations (and nothing else).
I'd prefer Wells (or whoever it was in charge at Geelong for the Clark stuff), at least they can contribute to talent ID as well as being campaigners

Back