2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

they will if he keeps failing with the bat and inglis keeps on scoring runs

Keeper is there first and foremost to keep. I swear people are spoiled having Gilchrist come along. Runs are great but a keeper not dropping catches is just as important look at Bairstow in the Ashes it’s probably cost them the series

Impossible to not be jealous of NZ cricket fans. While we spend every summer discussing the potential death of test cricket, they just do it right - they make it a fun spectacle.

Smaller grounds that look fuller ("the hill" is a great loss to most of our grounds), smaller fields for big hitting, pitches that yield results, allowing crowds on the field at half time, dress up day tomorrow. I wish we could import some of that, but we still don't have particularly suitable stadiums anywhere but Perth. I doubt North Sydney or the Junction Oval would be big enough under any circumstance.

It was the cool thing about going to see cricket in South Africa as well. It was so much more relaxed and fun than what we experience, I watch this and I'm more likely to save my beans for the next NZ tour than I am to attend a dull Boxing Day test at a cavernous day 3 MCG.
Yep looks like an awesome atmosphere, and really scenic too, so I'm now very keen to head over for the next series. Really need to put this on a three/four year cycle to turn it into the rivalry it deserves to be.

I love him but am starting to lose patience with some of his game awareness, i am all for him having a positive attitude and totally understand that is when he is at his best. But you are not a test number 5 if you can not adapt a little to the circumstances.

He has clearly proven he has the ability just needs to pull his head in.
Agree. There's probably been no greater supporter of Travis on this forum since he made the Australian team, but even I am starting to lose patience. You cannot hope to succeed long term in Test cricket unless you can adapt to the situation the match dictates. He plays everything like a T20 innings these days. We sit here laughing at England because of their obsession with Bazball, but Travis is no better.

Love Brendon Julian as a commentator
Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

It used to be the case that if the next bloke in wanted the night watchy he got one.

Then they became really unfashionable and went away.

And now we're one of the few teams that use them again.

I wonder to what extent it's just old school tactics, or whether you just naturally use one if/when you have a really good one. They mentioned on commentary that it's the 17th time that Lyon has batted in the top 7 - I don't reckon he got out as a failed night watchman in many of them. Do you go away from it again when he retires, or do you try and find another one? (We might not get a clear answer, cos Cummins has shown a couple of times in recent months that he could do it too, and his ability to counter attack the next day could potentially even make him a better one.)

Agree. There's probably been no greater supporter of Travis on this forum since he made the Australian team, but even I am starting to lose patience. You cannot hope to succeed long term in Test cricket unless you can adapt to the situation the match dictates. He plays everything like a T20 innings these days. We sit here laughing at England because of their obsession with Bazball, but Travis is no better.
Well he's bought himself a lot of credits.

I'd still be scrutinising smith and lab before him, and even then I don't think any of them will be dropped.

I am sorry but give it a spell, we swept Pakistan and were a few runs away from sweeping the WI and are now 1-0 up on an international tour. We are not some dominant team but we are clearly in the best 2 teams in the world and have fair claims to the number 1 spot.
Issue is we are getting away with winning big moments. Can't be batting like this against India next summer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking on over rates, does anyone know why NZ weren't deducted points last test? They bowled 84 overs on day 1 if memory serves me correctly

I'm not sure how the deductions work

Poms 32 behind (a moral lead, because they set up the game making 218), India 1/250, I'm LOVIN it!! :hearteyes:

Hard to put my finger on it but at some point in the last couple of years England have moved into the position of the team I root against.

Maybe it was the good spirited tour we just had of India vs the ashes where the poms were so obnoxious.

Really enjoying watching the Indians thrash them.

Back