2nd Test New Zealand v Australia March 8-12 0830hrs @ Hagley Oval

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You can just imagine some of our "batsmen" standing around wondering how it's possible to bat 100 balls and only be on 30 :)
It's okay though, we're still winning despite the batting (literally drew our last series)

The bowlers are far too nice if they aren't at least making some noise to McDonald. I've defended the batting against the calls to drop half of them half of the time around here but I've had enough after the last innings. McDonald needs to make a point or there is no point in him being around.

We aren't scoring many runs but at least we are making the Aussie bowlers work hard to take our wickets
You are indeed. Now the deck is approaching a featherbed, the batsmen look far more comfortable and the Aussies are struggling for a formula to remove them. Short aint working as the ball just sits up nicely.

Some good old fashioned test cricket here, a rarity in this day and age.

Yeah Southee is just about cooked as a test bowler and Kuggeleijn is a just a complete waste of a spot, we have better options than him.
yep.Never been a fan of his. Phillips has turned into a really useful offie..bowled well in all tests. Not bad for a keeper !

It's okay though, we're still winning despite the batting (literally drew our last series)

The bowlers are far too nice if they aren't at least making some noise to McDonald. I've defended the batting against the calls to drop half of them half of the time around here but I've had enough after the last innings. McDonald needs to make a point or there is no point in him being around.

What causes a problem is that none of them are going QUITE bad enough to just make it obvious:

Smith: made the 90 against the Windies
Khawaja: no huge scores but lots of solid starts
Marnus: comes out and makes 90 this innings and made some handy starts here and there against Pakistan at important times
Green was only just brought back in
Head: made that hundred against west indies
Marsh: made two 90s at home
Carey: made that 70(?) at Brisbane

None of them have played consistently well but all of them have made some sort of contribution at just the right time that it’s brought them some time and it’s made it hard to drop them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What causes a problem is that none of them are going QUITE bad enough to just make it obvious:

Marnus: comes out and makes 90 this innings and made some handy starts here and there against Pakistan at important times

None of them have played consistently well but all of them have made some sort of contribution at just the right time that it’s brought them some time and it’s made it hard to drop them
True but we are at the point imo where someone just needs to be dropped to make a point.

The bowlers shouldn't have to work this hard now after setting us up in the 1st innings.

who do you replace them with too ? havent heard of too many guys knocking the door down in first class cricket

Who's going to get them? Apart from Green and a lesser degree Marnus, the rest of our batting line-up is totally out of form.
If Latham can get runs (something he rarely does against the top three), I'm sure Smith, Uzzie etc. can get some too.

Anyone losing their s**t yet? This board isn't known to be the most patient bunch
I am, have had enough of our batting holding the team back.

Look at how easy they are playing off the back foot now. The bowlers should have only just had to start their 2nd innings around now. We bowled first for a reason

Question to a Kiwi. Did Southee's record drop when Boult left the partnership. Betting it did as that pair worked like a well oiled machine.
No he was pretty good for a while when Boult finished. Lost a yard of pace now so not troubling top level batsmen often now

Back