3-0-75 - Success, fail, or ???

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm mainly concerned now with on field targets being met now because
The Admin and Members have done their bit and will continue to improve maintain and implement their actions
Unfortunately as we All know from the 3-0-75 PLAN the coach with team let the concept down by not coming close to reaching the target
Yes they've left us frothing at the mouth and with lots of hope, but with the rfc hope can turn into nope very quickly as we found out this year
This is why the plan needs to mainly be team oriented with pressure on DH and the team to meet the targets
I proposed a 5-1-85 plan, but with DH on a two yr deal maybe we need a two yr version as well
Do we expect to win a flag within the next two years?
I believe we can , but is it a realistic goal?
What happens if we make finals twice , but fall short? Does DH still get an extension to carry our hopes and dreams?
So my two year plan is called
Operation 2016
2 finals
0 excuses or no more excuses
1 top four finish
6 improve membership growth by 6ooo members each year in this time

The no more excuses is an advertising line as to reel in the fringe members and to show that we are fair dinkum as a club and the time is now

Last edited:
I'm mainly concerned now with on field targets being met now because
The Admin and Members have done their bit and will continue to improve maintain and implement their actions
Unfortunately as we All know from the 3-0-75 PLAN the coach with team let the concept down by not coming close to reaching the target
Yes they've left us frothing at the mouth and with lots of hope, but with the rfc hope can turn into nope very quickly as we found out this year
This is why the plan needs to mainly be team oriented with pressure on DH and the team to meet the targets
I proposed a 5-1-85 plan, but with DH on a two yr deal maybe we need a two yr version as well
Do we expect to win a flag within the next two years?
I believe we can , but is it a realistic goal?
What happens if we make finals twice , but fall short? Does DH still get an extension to carry our hopes and dreams?
So my two year plan is called
Operation 2016
2 finals
0 excuses or no more excuses
1 top four finish
6 improve membership growth by 6ooo members each year in this time

The no more excuses is an advertising line as to reel in the fringe members and to show that we are fair dinkum as a club and the time is now

The reason you have a five year plan is to overcome the short sighted approaches of two year coaching contracts - staff and management need to have plans that will outlast how long their tenure at the club will be (remember most staff only stay at any organization for a few years)

For those interested, Gales 3-0-75 pitch

*** WARNING - you'll need to put up with G. Lyons' dribble which may cause health and / or mental problems ***

Just on the content of the video, does anyone know how Cousins is doing these days?

The reason you have a five year plan is to overcome the short sighted approaches of two year coaching contracts - staff and management need to have plans that will outlast how long their tenure at the club will be (remember most staff only stay at any organization for a few years)
you can have short and long term goals
nothing wrong with that
remember dh would have had 7yrs by then and if were still dreaming and in the same situation then????????
after our 5 year major failure maybe someone like DH would be better suited to shorter term targets;)

you can have short and long term goals
nothing wrong with that
remember dh would have had 7yrs by then and if were still dreaming and in the same situation then????????
after our 5 year major failure maybe someone like DH would be better suited to shorter term targets;)

dont just fixate on DH

These targets and goals cover all staff, including assistants, fitness teams, docs, the CEO, membership, customer service, and so on

Most will come and go, and long term goals and focus means that the clubs direction doesn't wax and wane with the movement of staff

Also you cannot ignore off field - its no coincidence our onfield improvement has correlated with the improvement in our off field situation

dont just fixate on DH

These targets and goals cover all staff, including assistants, fitness teams, docs, the CEO, membership, customer service, and so on

Most will come and go, and long term goals and focus means that the clubs direction doesn't wax and wane with the movement of staff

Also you cannot ignore off field - its no coincidence our onfield improvement has correlated with the improvement in our off field situation
yeah youre right give them all the arse if they fxxk up again:)

yeah youre right give them all the arse if they fxxk up again:)

thats a given

one thing that has changed is accountability

all staff have regular reviews now, with progress tracked against the KPI's they are individually given

This is why I wasn't sweating the calls for an end of year footy dept review - it was always going to happen

Has to be considered a massive success (despite falling a bit short of some of the objectives). I don't care what anyone says, it's been a huge improvement from where we've been and sets us up with a great platform to not only become a powerhouse club again, but THE powerhouse club in Victoria as well as a tilt at premiership #11 and beyond.

Cast your mind back to the low points of 2009 and even 2010 when we were considered worst than Fitzroy.

2009:
  • 37,000 members (then record)
  • Poor quality facilities.
  • Coburg affiliation.
  • $4m debt.
  • 12th Football Department expenditure.
  • $1,591,000 net profit.
2014:
  • 66,122 members.
  • Elite facilities and redevelopment of Punt Road oval. Plus KGI.
  • Standalone VFL side.
  • Zero debt.
  • 9th for football department spend (2013 figure)
  • $3,317,000 net profit (also, one of only 5 clubs to do so without income from pokies which makes it even more impressive IMO plus record sponsorship revenue).
Gale, March, O'Neal and everyone at the club should be very proud of the progress being made. It's taken nearly 30 years but we've finally started to get the house in order and look set to shed the sleeping giant tag :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back