Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was pleasantly surprised he was as 'match fit' as he was. Did some handy things, both defensively and in initiating/linking for rebounds.

I still thought he was still a little rusty in the first half, but he warmed to the occasion in the 2nd half. He really did some very clever and deft things. In the big games you want that trust in your backline that you are going to make the big plays, and I thought Jamie looked back to that pre injury form. Very under rated piece of our side.

Really looking forward to having him do a job next week!!! A vital piece we have been missing for too long. Welcome back Jmac!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was worried he and Wells were underdone due to the number of games they had missed and not a lot of opportunity to get match fit, Wells was amazing and JMac was very good as well I thought.

It is not really surprising though, because JMac was probably among our best before he got hurt.

No for me. I see him as the natural Firrito replacement.
I actually think he would be very good. Smart, good size, makes good decision and pretty good awareness now.

I reckon it's worth a shot. Has a good tank too.

I actually think he would be very good. Smart, good size, makes good decision and pretty good awareness now.

I reckon it's worth a shot. Has a good tank too.

Looks like he could be a VERY versatile player, which I suspect is what Scott is trying to cultivate in most of our players. He's one of my favourites to be honest, he seems to be a very honest footballer, who has already exceeded my expectations of him (his work pre-injury this year was damned good), as well as appearing to be a ripper bloke. Also has a little bit of campaignerishness about him on field, isn't afraid to take it up to the big boys, and like Lmac is keen to stick it to opposition players if they get dirty on one of our own.

As for his role, I see it being somewhat similar to both Atley's and Lmac's; they all look like they could play general defensive roles, lockdown roles, midfield and wing roles to varying degrees of success. It excites me lot, as they each have different sizes/styles/strengths which makes it easier to juggle them around a bit to find the best structure/matchups.

See Jamie making it more as a winger than a mid since positioning and hard running are his strengths compared to getting clearances and nailing blokes to the ground in tackles. His home is the HB line though.

See Jamie making it more as a winger than a mid since positioning and hard running are his strengths compared to getting clearances and nailing blokes to the ground in tackles. His home is the HB line though.
My thoughts exactly, always looks solid when he pushes up a wing, always controlled and measured.

Probably just lacks a bit of pace we'd desire pushing up along the outside.

Our midfield consists of Harvey, Wells, Dal Santo, Ziebell, Swallow and Cunnington. We are now adding Higgins, Turner, McDonald potentially Atley into the mix.

Jamie has more chance of being Miss World than moving into our midfield. On fact he is going to have to play out of skin just to be assured of being in the the squad of 25.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back