Coach #34: Jamie Macmillan - delisted after 167 NM games/46 NM goals - returns as NMFC AFL Footy Ops boss (reporting to L.Kane)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching our first 3 games.
Again. Top 10? Really?

Honestly didn't notice him at all (though I thought he was quite good live)
In the Syd Barker after Round 3 the votes stood at:
Thompson,Adams 8
MACMILLAN, Cunnington, Hansen 7
Thomas, Dal Santo 6

JMAC also went off with a broken leg in the 3rd and would have likely incresed his 1vote to 2 if he had stayed on the field.

I'm not saying he's top 10 for the club but for the opening 3 rounds he was top 5. Also equal top vote getter in Rd1 against * when very few flew the flag.

Barring a trade or hideous injury he will play 200-250 for North.

Was referring to Cooper.

In the Syd Barker after Round 3 the votes stood at:
Thompson,Adams 8
MACMILLAN, Cunnington, Hansen 7
Thomas, Dal Santo 6

JMAC also went off with a broken leg in the 3rd and would have likely incresed his 1vote to 2 if he had stayed on the field.

I'm not saying he's top 10 for the club but for the opening 3 rounds he was top 5. Also equal top vote getter in Rd1 against * when very few flew the flag.

Barring a trade or hideous injury he will play 200-250 for North.

Good post. And HOF, I don't hate anyone mate. It's an objective exercise and one which I try to get the best combination of Speed, Skill & X-Factor and rabid dogs to capitalise on our inside dominance.

That's why I have Harper on a back flank. Who would be the only questionable selection, the others are there on merit. We made a prelim with 3 first year players mate, so not sure my obsession is that far off the mark.

I'd play Harper and Garner/Wood/ aggravated assaulter / Mullet ahead of some of the favourites as they all offer something we lack.

Was referring to Cooper.

Good post. And HOF, I don't hate anyone mate. It's an objective exercise and one which I try to get the best combination of Speed, Skill & X-Factor and rabid dogs to capitalise on our inside dominance.

That's why I have Harper on a back flank. Who would be the only questionable selection, the others are there on merit. We made a prelim with 3 first year players mate, so not sure my obsession is that far off the mark.

I'd play Harper and Garner/Wood/ aggravated assaulter / Mullet ahead of some of the favourites as they all offer something we lack.
Didn't say you hated anyone, mate. Speed, skill and x-factor are all well and but footy nous, defensive efforts and discipline are just as important in the modern game. Jamie isn't without his tricks anyway, would say only Jack is the only more reliable set shot from 40+.

Was referring to Cooper.

I would like mullet to play the Harvey role as both aren't overly defensively minded.

#34 Jamie Macmillan

MACMILLAN%20Jamie.png

Games: 6
Goals: 1

Summary:
It was a frustrating year for one of North's young leaders. After starting the year as one of North's best in a disappointing loss to Essendon with 23 disposals, Macmillan suffered a broken leg in Round 3 against Port Adelaide. In his courageous 'team-first' attitude however, he continued to play on before receiving medical assistance on the bench. Initially diagnosed as a small crack, Macmillan was slated to return within two months, however to much frustration, he wasn't deemed fit until the final round of the season against Melbourne. After a slightly rusty performance, he kept his spot for the Elimination Final against the Bombers, highlighting his importance to the side.

With 19 possessions, five marks and five tackles, he was a solid contributor, setting up a third quarter goal to Jack Ziebell and using his composure to keep his head in the high-intensity game. The injury curse would strike again a week later, with Macmillan bowing out of 2014 prematurely with a hamstring injury. With just six games to his name for the whole season, his lowest total since his debut season in 2010, he will be determined to play every single game next season, just like he did in 2012/13.

North Melbourne midfielder Jamie Macmillan has hinted the expected changes due for Saturday night's elimination final may not be a formality, after the performance of his teammates in the final round.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-09-03/changes-not-a-formality

With just one AFL game under his belt in the past five months, Jamie Macmillan knows it's going to be a battle to hold his spot.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2014-09-01/macmillans-moment-of-truth

Jamie+Macmillan+North+Melbourne+Media+Session+ZFCUWy7Lnl1l.jpg

856825-2be02e38-2da7-11e4-9f4a-be5853a7239e.jpg

Jamie+Macmillan+North+Melbourne+v+Essendon+5VE1TxIxWiyl.jpg

Jamie_Macmillan-628.jpg

Jamie+Macmillan+AFL+2nd+Semi+Final+Geelong+-YrgjKSeqp0l.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JMac is the kind of player that will continue to grow in stature and impact as he matures, huge potential in this kid - I'm ecstatic he's been rewarded with another contract.

Not sure I get the length or more to the point year ending of the contract.

End of 2017 will be his 8th year and free agency.

I rate Jamie and happy with him having 3 years, just don't like FA.

Not sure I get the length or more to the point year ending of the contract.

End of 2017 will be his 8th year and free agency.
As much as I don't hate him, he will never have an eye-catching season in my opinion. He is a appreciable cog but not someone you take full notice of -- unless he's doing something wrong, it seems.

Could not have been injured at a more inconvenient time.

Was on track for the proverbial break out year.

He does a lot of talking, pointing and backs it up with flimsy tackle attempts and poor decision making. I understand why some on here aren't sold on J-mac but some you of guys love the guy :confused:

Why?
So, what does Arj say? Hard, fast, skillful? Without being super at any one of them, none are an actual weakness either (I'll grant you the tackling thing). Add to that, he's smart. And versatile enough to be a defensive defender, attacking defender, winger or defensive mid. Runs hard, doesn't mind jumping up into the rush a la Fishy. Pretty much a Brad Scott prototype player.

He does a lot of talking, pointing and backs it up with flimsy tackle attempts and poor decision making. I understand why some on here aren't sold on J-mac but some you of guys love the guy :confused:

Why?

excellent start to 2014 before he was injured. Shut down Gunston 2 seasons ago when we lacked defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back