AFL 2015, Round 1 - Western Bulldogs v West Coast, Etihad, 7.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggies have some serious young talent, Stringer is a gun and Bonts is potentially a better version of Fyfe. Was always gonna be hard losing a player so early.

Gotta give credit where it's due, I'm not too phased considering we had such a young team and it was awesome to see Nicnat being able to run and jump again, hopefully in for a big year.

If West Coast went inside 50 as much as the Dogs maybe they would have won a few soft ones themselves. As it was Bulldogs went inside 17 times more - for most teams that indicates a thrashing.

West Coast's defence was impressive repelling the Bulldogs under duress, but there was some inept play by the Eagles defenders as well.

Agreed, we deserved to lose this one. I can forgive the defensive errors though considering how young and inexperienced it was after losing Mackenzie pre-season and Brown early on. Given our still fairly pedestrian midfield, I think you can expect to see us conceding big scores regularly this year.

I'm a pessimist and already thinking about 2016. Losing our two prime key defenders for a year is brutal.

58-41 is roughly 60/40. I'd take a 60/40 split of soft frees inside 50.:)
Many of your entrances inside 50 were unimpeded by the Dogs due to the quality of your rebound - the likelihood of them giving away a free up there was pretty small. The Dogs went inside more often and tended to lock the ball in better. Because you were undermanned down there, your players gave away a few in their desperation to defend. It happens. In the scheme of things, given how much better the Dogs played overall, the frees had minimal effect.

We only had 17 shots at goal so 24 of our entries must've been defended somehow. The Dogs applied similar pressure inside defensive 50 as they did inside forward 50, which is one of the reasons they won. The fact remains they got a few lucky ones go their way. Not the deciding factor of the result, but annoying watching the game.

some of the Dogs' ball movement last night was electrifying (more than some).

great nerve and direction from a young team.

Stringer... what an animal!

Bont will be in the top 5 players in the comp by seasons' end, and the equal best player by the end of next.

I'm quite confident he'll be better than Fyfe, and Fyfe is the second best player going.

As a doggies fan that lives in Perth this thread really made me feel at a game with all the eagles supporters at subi..even up by 10 goals ive witnessed eagles fans having a sad because it should be more :cry:,geez they're hard done by, have a go eagles . Best team usually wins and theyre is bad frees paid every game to every team. Got to take the good with the bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

121855_f586f3e995a2449453d7356a0f8fd765.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back