AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's always the best atmosphere when there are a few opposition fans around. Encourages the Crows fans to drown them out.

Crows cheer squad in front of the scoreboard, opposition behind the northern goals would be gold.

Yeah no doubt I actually enjoy being out numbered at a Melbourne game. The way I see it, official cheer squad leading that whole wall of the southern stand looking down on the opposition behind the northern goals. With basically whoever is in front of the scoreboard likely to be loud no matter what, perhaps the start of something new a bit like what we had a few years back forming there. Should be an intimidating venue for opposition teams, Cant wait.

Sooooo it's now July and not one piece of communications from the club as to where our transferred seats are going to be, this was promised to have happened already...... More lies?

If it wasn't for the Adelaide Oval move, I think I would almost be at breaking point. I doubt I would be having a 2014 membership if it wasn't for the excitement of the city stadium.

It's about time the club started valuing it's membership base and stopped taking them for granted.

If it wasn't for the Adelaide Oval move, I think I would almost be at breaking point. I doubt I would be having a 2014 membership if it wasn't for the excitement of the city stadium.

It's about time the club started valuing it's membership base and stopped taking them for granted.

x2. If we weren't moving to Adelaide Oval next season, I would almost certainly be giving up my Membership until there's a change in management.

Sooooo it's now July and not one piece of communications from the club as to where our transferred seats are going to be, this was promised to have happened already...... More lies?

Geez, give Trigg a chance!

Its only his first day back today and he had all of his "Look at me, i am contrite BS interviews to do" Stop agitating things.....

Agitator :rolleyes:

Trigg can suck a fat one. I hated seeing his interviews on the footy shows tonight. Just quit already

THe membership guy is on holidays.
Let him get home first!
Though, last time I spoke to him (before the Saints game) the allocation was done. Might talk to him about it once he's back from Greece.+

Got an email last night about pre-sale tickets. Haven't read it in detail but as an existing member do I have to put a deposit down to secure my seat next year at AO?

Got an email last night about pre-sale tickets. Haven't read it in detail but as an existing member do I have to put a deposit down to secure my seat next year at AO?
No
If you read it you will see it says members for 2013 automatically get their seats when you get you renewal form. The $50 deposit is for NEW members

No
If you read it you will see it says members for 2013 automatically get their seats when you get you renewal form. The $50 deposit is for NEW members

Cheers thanks for that. Like I said hadn't read it properly lol

There's an update, can't remember where I read it. Effectively because of the collapse of ultimate membership, they've got more tickets to sell and they aren't sure yet how existing members will be impacted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an update, can't remember where I read it. Effectively because of the collapse of ultimate membership, they've got more tickets to sell and they aren't sure yet how existing members will be impacted.
It's good to see we are spending more $'s on expanded staffing at SMA (higher ticket prices), so they can have more committees to agree that they can't agree ... & it ends up falling back on Footy & Cricket associations separately to sort it out.

How hard would have it been to get all membership lists & offer combined packages. eg. Crows + SACA, Port + SACA, Crows + Port + SACA (for AAMI/SACA members)... based on existing memberships rather than hairbrain ultimate schemes mostly taken up by those who weren't footy/cricket members - making it worse for existing members.

Deadset we have some moron management in this state!

It's good to see we are spending more $'s on expanded staffing at SMA (higher ticket prices), so they can have more committees to agree that they can't agree ... & it ends up falling back on Footy & Cricket associations separately to sort it out.

How hard would have it been to get all membership lists & offer combined packages. eg. Crows + SACA, Port + SACA, Crows + Port + SACA (for AAMI/SACA members)... based on existing memberships rather than hairbrain ultimate schemes mostly taken up by those who weren't footy/cricket members - making it worse for existing members.

Deadset we have some moron management in this state!

The second level seating is in now (Southern Stand)
e3783c64e83611e289a922000aeb0c69_7.jpg

Not sure I like the size of the gap between the Eastern and Southern stands there.

Was hoping it would pretty much continue all the way round from East to South to West stands.

Looks bigger than I thought but once the screens in and the stands are linked it should be good. It will be interesting to know if it feels like your in a stadium once you enter, like the MCG/Etihad etc, or an oval with stands like the Adelaide Oval was but on a bigger scale. I guess a unique blend of both?

At least their will be no more fence around an oval feel like at Aami with all the facilities at the back of the of the stands.

I think the three stands should created a wall of noise and drown out the visitors at Northern end, minus the hill of course.

was worried about the shape of adelaide oval and it breeding players who struggle with wider grounds. I had hopes it was going to be a nice, evenly shaped fotball ground, but the latest google earth images suggest it wont be:

Adelaide_oval_under_development_2013_google_eart.jpg

looks to have just the one wing and no pockets, bah. And I'm not sure what the purpose is of that giant white hand they've installed at the northern end.

Why didn't they just build a new stadium?

EDIT: Mr_Smooth tells me this is a really old photo, so maybe they've improved it.

was worried about the shape of adelaide oval and it breeding players who struggle with wider grounds. I had hopes it was going to be a nice, evenly shaped fotball ground, but the latest google earth images suggest it wont be:

Adelaide_oval_under_development_2013_google_eart.jpg

looks to have just the one wing and no pockets, bah. And I'm not sure what the purpose is of that giant white hand they've installed at the northern end.

Why didn't they just build a new stadium?
um, that pic was taken just before the foo fighters concert... in 2011, before they started building

Remove this Banner Ad

Back