AFL Members GF Allocation question

Remove this Banner Ad

Handsome.B.Wonderful

Premiership Player
Jan 13, 2006
Bigfooty
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Not getting ahead of myself but need to ask a question regarding AFL Members Grand Final allocation as the North registration is open today.

Are Silver members of competing clubs given the chance to buy tickets before the non-competing Platinum members?

Order of priority is:

AFL full members with competing club support
All other AFL full members
AFL silver members with competing club support
All other AFL silver members

I think from memory tickets have been available to silver members in 2 of the past 5 seasons including last year. Obviously by the time silver members get access, the only seats remaining are at the very top of the Great Southern Stand.

As a silver member i was last able to buy tickets to Hawthorn vs Sydney in 2012 (non competing obviously)

If North get through you should be right vs Port. Vs Hawthorn you'll struggle.

The cost of tickets has stopped a lot of neutral full members who used to go every year.

So what is the cost footy fans wont pay?

As a silver member i was last able to buy tickets to Hawthorn vs Sydney in 2012 (non competing obviously)

If North get through you should be right vs Port. Vs Hawthorn you'll struggle.

The cost of tickets has stopped a lot of neutral full members who used to go every year.

I was able to buy as competing silver last year, but it most definitely didn't make it to non-competing silvers.

North vs Hawthorn will quite possibly make it to competing silver members, too, given neither has a huge number of full AFL members.

Oh look it's Kwality bitching about AFL Membership. I am surprised.

I'd describe it as reflecting on those who don't join their footy club, did you?
Chose paying the AFL eh, try that at Geelong, you'll get the seat at Kardinya Park you deserve on any pedestal of your choice.
Its not AFL Membership, its a hangover from a bygone age clung to by the thrifty, not real footy fans.
No room at Pattos for your lot NoName, or at Adelaide Oval ... no freeloaders policy !

I'd describe it as reflecting on those who don't join their footy club, did you?
Chose paying the AFL eh, try that at Geelong, you'll get the seat at Kardinya Park you deserve on any pedestal of you choice.
Its not AFL Membership, its a hangover from a bygone age clung to by the thrifty, not real footy fans.
We get it. You've made this point countless times now. You don't like AFL Membership. Move on dude.

And yes, I'm not a real footy fan. I hate football and clubs. That's why I hold memberships with 4 separate clubs. I'm trying to destroy them from within.

We get it. You've made this point countless times now. You don't like AFL Membership. Move on dude.

And yes, I'm not a real footy fan. I hate football and clubs. That's why I hold memberships with 4 separate clubs. I'm trying to destroy them from within.

No cred NoName ... Clayton ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really hate football too been Afl member for nearly 20 years, been to prob over 350 games, and pay around $1500 per year for family to be afl members..... And no I'm not overly well off that $1500 is a chunk of our "entertainment" budget for the year.

Full members $185, silver $370

Standing room is cheaper, was $200 a couple of years ago

AFL prosper, the club you claim to follow, er who ... Bombers, no surprise here ! When the Eagles were in the gun (not comfy but understandable), fans hung tough, guess you are a member of the Bombers too, you don't pay the AFL by choice, you don't reject the Bombers ? Bunk hello?
$200 for a standing room ticket is great value on GF day.

AFL prosper, the club you claim to follow, er who ... Bombers, no surprise here ! When the Eagles were in the gun (not comfy but understandable), fans hung tough, guess you are a member of the Bombers too, you don't pay the AFL by choice, you don't reject the Bombers ? Bunk hello?
$200 for a standing room ticket is great value on GF day.

- I'm an Essendon silver member as well as an AFL member, gives me a good seat at Etihad and a GF ticket should we play off

- I regard the GF as a game of football, so yes, $200 is a lot of money. It's half again what the AFL membership is for a full season which gets me into any 40 games. If Essendon aren't in it, i'd honestly prefer to just enjoy the day in a social sense - and the best place for that is at the pub with a group of mates and no entry fee.

- AFL membership just makes sense for me - gets me into neutral games, plus the first two weeks of the finals for $15 - club members get completely bent over on finals ticket prices

In short, what I was saying, is it used to be free - thus a lot of people would go along because they could. For a couple of hundred bucks, a lot less do. The atmosphere is nothing special when you're a neutral and not emotionally involved as it's full of casual observers. It's really not worth the money, particularly if you've already been to many GFs as a lot of AFL members have.

- I'm an Essendon silver member as well as an AFL member, gives me a good seat at Etihad and a GF ticket should we play off

- I regard the GF as a game of football, so yes, $200 is a lot of money. It's half again what the AFL membership is for a full season which gets me into any 40 games. If Essendon aren't in it, i'd honestly prefer to just enjoy the day in a social sense - and the best place for that is at the pub with a group of mates and no entry fee.

- AFL membership just makes sense for me - gets me into neutral games, plus the first two weeks of the finals for $15 - club members get completely bent over on finals ticket prices

In short, what I was saying, is it used to be free - thus a lot of people would go along because they could. For a couple of hundred bucks, a lot less do. The atmosphere is nothing special when you're a neutral and not emotionally involved as it's full of casual observers. It's really not worth the money, particularly if you've already been to many GFs as a lot of AFL members have.

Truth is the AFL offer beats most Melbourne based clubs offer - why is my question, why does the AFL compete for members with Melbourne based members? Having taken clubs fans membership, the AFL then use equalisation to kick money back to these clubs.

Truth is the AFL offer beats most Melbourne based clubs offer - why is my question, why does the AFL compete for members with Melbourne based members? Having taken clubs fans membership, the AFL then use equalisation to kick money back to these clubs.

Clubs receive the exact same amount of money from a fan's AFL membership as they would had that fan signed with the club directly.

Why do you ask len? I sure wouldnt join a croquet club to get a seat for the footy.

I remember reading some where that your not even a club member yourself, if true I'd find that pretty ironic from a person who spends their life lecturing AFL/MCC that they should become club members.

Disclosure: I'm a AFL member and a club member also.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back