Preview AFL Round 22 - Hawthorn v Geelong, MCG, 7:40PM Saturday 23 August

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon the team we have lined up for Saturday is almost right, except I would've had McEvoy insted of Hale.
Yeh I thought that was about right I couldn't see where Extreme was going,Hale/ McEvoy,Hale likes playing against Geelong,I'd have been happy if you had gone with the Big Boy.

Agreed. And Rioli in for Simpkin in the finals and then we're done.

Apart from SJ, does anyone else come in to the Geelong side? Is Taylor Hunt best 22?

No. He's dropped a few placings unfortunately.

Don't think we're expecting any other changes bar SJ, unless we suffer an injury or suspension

Interested in who you would have in and out,care to share.

I would have dropped Hale instead of McEvoy but Ceglar is a great inclusion.
Sewell is a great in, adds an extra tough body... but he's getting a bit slow these days and the hammy's are a worry.

Schoenmakers and Duryea are gone which is a plus, but i would have brought in Litherland. Hopefully Spangher walks on water and has a blinder on Saturday night.

Yeh I thought that was about right I couldn't see where Extreme was going,Hale/ McEvoy,Hale likes playing against Geelong,I'd have been happy if you had gone with the Big Boy.

Hale's not the same player as last year and i doubt he'll have the same impact. Would be great if he snapped out of his funk though.

I would have dropped Hale instead of McEvoy but Ceglar is a great inclusion.
Sewell is a great in, adds an extra tough body... but he's getting a bit slow these days and the hammy's are a worry.

Schoenmakers and Duryea are gone which is a plus, but i would have brought in Litherland. Hopefully Spangher walks on water and has a blinder on Saturday night.

Hale's not the same player as last year and i doubt he'll have the same impact. Would be great if he snapped out of his funk though.
I like the look of Litherland,Quick and breaks the lines.

Kersten remaining in suggests they will stick with him through the finals. He's been given far more grace than Walker and Brown. He goes missing for the 2nd half of every match IMO. Here's hoping he plays a blinder and turns it around.

I would suggest, barring injuries, SJ comes in for Thurlow and that's our finals team.
That's my bold prediction. :D
So there is no need for anybody to waste 200 billion yottalitres of virtual space over the next fortnight suggesting team changes.

I cannot believe the betting odds for this game.
Hawthorn-$1.56 v Geelong-$2.56
Should be at the very least a 50/50. What part of we are above them on the ladder, beat them earlier this year, don't have 4 ins and outs and have won 12 of the last 13 against them don't the bookies understand??!!
Now where's my Sportsbet password?

I cannot believe the betting odds for this game.
Hawthorn-$1.56 v Geelong-$2.56
Should be at the very least a 50/50. What part of we are above them on the ladder, beat them earlier this year, don't have 4 ins and outs and have won 12 of the last 13 against them don't the bookies understand??!!
Now where's my Sportsbet password?

It's a conspiracy so everyone can run away like bank robbers when they clean up after a Geelong win.

It's a conspiracy so everyone can run away like bank robbers when they clean up after a Geelong win.
Seriously...I'm not saying we're anything better than an even chance, and no-one can argue that Hawthorn's form hasn't been better than ours but we JUST KEEP WINNING! Especially against Hawthorn. More money for me...

Kersten remaining in suggests they will stick with him through the finals. He's been given far more grace than Walker and Brown. He goes missing for the 2nd half of every match IMO. Here's hoping he plays a blinder and turns it around.
Actually he has been missing from the first bounce-if anything he is slightly better late in the game.
This might be the week he starts to stand up. They are obvi going to stick with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would suggest, barring injuries, SJ comes in for Thurlow and that's our finals team.
That's my bold prediction. :D
So there is no need for anybody to waste 200 billion yottalitres of virtual space over the next fortnight suggesting team changes.
Jansen for Selwood??

[QUOTE="SquishyKitty, post: 34652640, member: 95574"For those who are visual -

View attachment 74959
That Hawthorn backline will eat our forwards alive, Its up to our mids to hit the scoreboard.
Are you clairvoyant? You posted before I asked how many Hawks would be tag-teaming Tomahawk :eek: I think I'd prefer Bews in our Defence + Guthrie to midfield or even give Hartman a chance to experience the big time! At least Murdoch is back for some run + carry + we need our Stokes, Bund + Motlop to really fire, no sizzle!

I'll frankly admit, as usual, I have absolutely NFI what they'll do at selection, or what game plan they'll use.
Though if they were to drop him, it rather deflates the arguments of those who, for the last 3 weeks, have been telling us that he's performing a role to the satisfaction of the MC.
Not that I think it's actually going to happen.
But I've been wrong before.;)
Who's balloon got burst?

Is that right, wouldn't Hawthorn still be 3rd on percentage?
Would have to be v large win by Freo, and v large loss by Hawks for them to reverse ladder spots.
Can't see that myself.

Seriously...I'm not saying we're anything better than an even chance, and no-one can argue that Hawthorn's form hasn't been better than ours but we JUST KEEP WINNING! Especially against Hawthorn. More money for me...
Post a copy of the ticket or GTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back