Anthony Albanese - How long?

How long for Albo?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s be honest, we’ve just copied the UK and US. Our own CMO was comfortable only 3 days ago to go without additional testing requirements. What’s changed?

Seems a political point scoring move. Is what it is. If it prevents tourists going into our hospitals, which are already screwed, isn’t that beneficial?
i mean its just ALP doing the same racist dog whistling the Libs did when they were in charge so no I don't see it as being actually beneficial

we've also seen negative PCR tests don't mean s**t as far as whether you're going to be positive by the time you land or a day or two after

its just more racism dressed up as safety

I can sympathise with those who feel like something more needs to be done about covid but the reality is restrictions like wanting people to wear masks don't accomplish anything. And putting restrictions on the Chinese entering just because they're China when we'd never do the same thing if it was the US or UK isn't a good thing.

i mean its just ALP doing the same racist dog whistling the Libs did when they were in charge so no I don't see it as being actually beneficial

we've also seen negative PCR tests don't mean s**t as far as whether you're going to be positive by the time you land or a day or two after

its just more racism dressed up as safety

Yeah I dunno mate, you are probably right! Doesn’t really affect me in any way, so haven’t thought about it in that much detail.

Who have we done this to so far? China, South Africa and India?

I mean its kind of interesting that we appear to have let a transmissible virus become the leading cause of death in our country and the media and politicians are generally acting like that hasn't happened

but the minute they can also be racist about it, suddenly we're going to test people entering the country again, but only from China, Europe and America are fine even if they are also having massive transmission

That's what we did last time.
We stopped Chinese and European travel and let the virus in from the USA.

That's what we did last time.
We stopped Chinese and European travel and let the virus in from the USA.
you really can't keep it out

if you aren't doing quarantine of all international arrivals, which we never were, you can't keep it out

all you can do is get the public thinking certain ethnicities are the problem

which is bog standard white australia practice and will be happening again

What's so special about the Chinese that they deserve particular attention?
Nothing special about the Chinese but their government and situation is unique, rampant infections combined with a government refusing to share data or outright lying. Don't think flights from any other country have been arriving overseas with 50% or more testing positive.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

if you aren't doing quarantine of all international arrivals, which we never were, you can't keep it out

Utter rubbish, this is people seeing racism because it suits their agenda of being outraged or because they economically benefit from keeping the borders open.

If race is a factor at all, it is because fear of being called racist is slowing governments around the world making the sensible decision to at least introduce testing. The same delayed response which combined with Xis lies cost millions of lives in early 2020.

Let’s be honest, we’ve just copied the UK and US. Our own CMO was comfortable only 3 days ago to go without additional testing requirements. What’s changed?

Seems a political point scoring move. Is what it is. If it prevents tourists going into our hospitals, which are already screwed, isn’t that beneficial?
The scale of the outbreak and Xis lies is becoming more apparent. Even the WHO leadership who are normally too scared to comment on Xi are calling out Xi for his recalcitrance in providing honest information.

Strange you only mentioned US and UK rather than the Asian nations who did thr same thing first eg. Japan.

Very much against this. If the roles were reversed a Victorian as of today would need to get a doctor's referral to get a PCR test to visit China.
Great move, hopefully Albo hesitating these few days won't cost too many lives.

Utter rubbish, this is people seeing racism because it suits their agenda of being outraged or because they economically benefit from keeping the borders open.

If race is a factor at all, it is because fear of being called racist is slowing governments around the world making the sensible decision to at least introduce testing. The same delayed response which combined with Xis lies cost millions of lives in early 2020.

testing won't stop it getting in as I said

The scale of the outbreak and Xis lies is becoming more apparent. Even the WHO leadership who are normally too scared to comment on Xi are calling out Xi for his recalcitrance in providing honest information.

Strange you only mentioned US and UK rather than the Asian nations who did thr same thing first eg. Japan.

Only going off what I saw on ch7 news. They went straight to the UK and US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing special about the Chinese but their government and situation is unique, rampant infections combined with a government refusing to share data or outright lying. Don't think flights from any other country have been arriving overseas with 50% or more testing positive.

Might have been better following the French lead of random testing of arrivals to scan for variants.

Might have been better following the French lead of random testing of arrivals to scan for variants.
Help if we took local spread seriously too

I don't see the problem with having to perform a RAT upon arrival, and quarantining those testing positive.
I would strongly advise those travelling to do a similar test before they leave so that they don't have to put up with that.
Would make sense for the airlines to co-operate with easy ticket substitutes in the case of travelers with Covid.

Masks don't stop it.
Vaccines don't stop it.
Quarantine doesn't stop it.

Its all about limiting it.

Help if we took local spread seriously too
This is why I'm against this rule against China. Personally, I'm not in favour of any covid rules now, omicron is too hard to contain and things that sound simple like public mask mandates haven't prevented mass covid outbreaks anywhere where they've been in place. Vaccines are freely available and antiviral medicine is too for those at most risk, that's the best we can do now. There'd be mass revolt if more stringent rules were brought in. And if we're doing this test requirement just for China then it does nothing but appease the xenophobes and the covid neurotics. If there's somehow a more dangerous variant coming out of China then we're just buying a few days to act at best and at worst we've undone the recent work the government did in repairing our relationship with them.

No but it will slow it down and allow for the new variants that will arise in such a large population to be detected and assessed.

I mean no it won't because once people are here there is nothing to slow the spread.

They've also go the same dominant strains as we do currently.

It's politics it's not health measures

What's so special about the Chinese that they deserve particular attention?
Theoretically concerns about China specific variants (given minimal travel to and from there in last 2.5 years) though myself I think these are over exaggerated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back