Association Football Betting Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's up with derby? having a slow start to the season :(

second day in a row :cry:

TkDKy1k.jpg

What's up with derby? having a slow start to the season :(

second day in a row :cry:

TkDKy1k.jpg

You should have learned to follow Fryer Tuck's advice like I did. :)

Come on FT, who do I put my house on this weekend?

You should have learned to follow Fryer Tuck's advice like I did. :)

Come on FT, who do I put my house on this weekend?

See what I mean? I warned you Jatz ! I told you to stay away from Derby, but nooo, you just had to bet on them!

I swear if this gets up, I should start charging, lol.

For Saturday, Southampton win, Everton will be really sluggish. Something I didn't mention in the podcast is that Everton's first 10 fixtures... oh god. I'd have a sneaky one on the Stoke win, I think they'll be pumped for some Shaq (I think he'll come on as a sub) and overall have some general excitement. Tottenham will be frustrated, same old same old from the previous match. Watford will ride a lot of energy and we'll hear the dreaded D word being yelled accross the stadium (so I suppose you can back him as well) for the win. Finally... I think Norwich will get it done, too many angry Canaries, and Sunderland look slack. They do have a good attack, and as long as they're still on the wave of Premier League optimism, they should just get over the line.

You might have noticed a lack of a certain L word being mentioned... let's be honest, you wouldn't pay any attention to that, lol.

See what I mean? I warned you Jatz ! I told you to stay away from Derby, but nooo, you just had to bet on them!

I swear if this gets up, I should start charging, lol.

For Saturday, Southampton win, Everton will be really sluggish. Something I didn't mention in the podcast is that Everton's first 10 fixtures... oh god. I'd have a sneaky one on the Stoke win, I think they'll be pumped for some Shaq (I think he'll come on as a sub) and overall have some general excitement. Tottenham will be frustrated, same old same old from the previous match. Watford will ride a lot of energy and we'll hear the dreaded D word being yelled accross the stadium (so I suppose you can back him as well) for the win. Finally... I think Norwich will get it done, too many angry Canaries, and Sunderland look slack. They do have a good attack, and as long as they're still on the wave of Premier League optimism, they should just get over the line.

You might have noticed a lack of a certain L word being mentioned... let's be honest, you wouldn't pay any attention to that, lol.

Leicester will be good on an over 2.5 goals bet, they're very free scoring at the minute.

For the remaining matches, I would be on extremely high alert for Derby/Portsmouth. In fact, I'd say you should back Pompey on that one. I know Derby do alright for cups, but I think the pressure is really on them now. Portsmouth would be more free and would certainly be up for it, especially when its played at Fratton Park.

For the others, I'd say PNE, Boro, and to be honest, I'd back Donny. They will want revenge from this exact fixture two years ago (they lost 1-3), and Leeds is a big deal for them. Leeds don't look that sharp, and I'm sensing potential for an upset here.

Well, that's who I think will qualify, now it's time to see if I am truly an oracle, or I'm full of it. Guess we'll see over the next two days.

I think I've earned myself a little one for some good efforts:
Monks_f7a9ef_5556895.jpg

Donny qualify for the next round, nicely done.

You backed them to win! They drew. :p
I said I backed them to qualify, check my post even, lol. (Huzzah for cover!)

Out of curiosity, what would be the price difference between a club winning outright and a club qualifying? As I said, I don't bet (and if I did, oh god...) so I don't know how significant of an odds drop it would be. I don't think Doncaster's odds would've dropped by that much?

Last edited:
I said I backed them to qualify, check my post even, lol. (Huzzah for cover!)

Out of curiosity, what would be the price difference between a club winning outright and a club qualifying? As I said, I don't bet (and I did, oh god...) so I don't know how significant of an odds drop it would be. I don't think Doncaster's odds would've dropped by that much?

It would drop a bit as you're essentially covering for a win/draw in regulation time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doncaster were $2.20 to qualify, about $3 to win outright

Still not bad!

I've chucked my singles on for this weekend:

United Southampton
Norwich
Swansea
Spurs/Stoke - Draw
Watford
Leicester
Palace/Arsenal - Draw
City/Chelsea - Draw
Liverpool

Some juicy odds for some of those games.

Still not bad!

I've chucked my singles on for this weekend:

United
Southampton
Norwich
Swansea
Spurs/Stoke - Draw

Watford
Leicester
Palace/Arsenal - Draw
City/Chelsea - Draw
Liverpool

Some juicy odds for some of those games.

Not too bad so far!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back