Australia World Cup Squad 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

white isnt a bowler. one of the biggest things holding him back in playing for australia is that for so long he was picked as a bowling all rounder when he didnt even bowl in the domestic comp. not that he shouldnt be in the team, he has been our best odi batter domestically for the last 2 years and averages about 35, which for the lols is only 2 less than englands greatest ever odi batter ian bell.

if we want a spinner we need to choose someone as a spinner. and i dont mean a dart slinging spud like doherty or haurits, an actual spinner like zampa, boyce, ahmwed or muirhead.
i spat my beer out in a fit of laughter when i heard M Wagh say Hauritz name the other nite! cant believe he is still going around

Ahmed or Muirhead would be horrible selection
why exactly? muirhead performed well in the international t20s he played and ahmed is the highest wicket taking spinner in the current shield season (according to whoever was commentating the last renegades game). i know they are victorian but their performances stand up against the other two at least.

why exactly? muirhead performed well in the international t20s he played and ahmed is the highest wicket taking spinner in the current shield season (according to whoever was commentating the last renegades game). i know they are victorian but their performances stand up against the other two at least.

have you seen Muirhead in the past year?

And Ahmed is the next Bryce McGain. Watch him bowl.

Anyone who can play spin- so not Australian batsmen- can play him.

Ahmed and Lyon and probably Beer and probably more spinners absolutely should have got more OD games for Aus since 2012. They screwed up the spinner thing so badly and from so long out. It's actually pretty incredible

Australian OD spinners since 2012: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...al1=span;team=2;template=results;type=bowling

2 important things

1) Those are not good stats from Doherty. They are, at best, very average. There was no just reason for him to get game after game after game ahead of guys who, let's face it, don't exactly have a high bar to jump over. And which Lyon jumped over in his brief opportunities
2) More full time spinners have played test cricket for Aus in that time than full time spinners have played OD cricket for Australia. (Lyon, Doherty, Beer, Agar & O'keefe v Doherty, Lyon, Ahmed). That is absolutely astonishing.

they ****ed it up so badly. and now they're relying on Glenn Maxwell to save everything.

Ahmed and Lyon and probably Beer and probably more spinners absolutely should have got more OD games for Aus since 2012. They screwed up the spinner thing so badly and from so long out. It's actually pretty incredible

Australian OD spinners since 2012: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?bowling_pacespin=2;class=2;filter=advanced;orderby=wickets;spanmin1=05 Jan 2012;spanval1=span;team=2;template=results;type=bowling

2 important things

1) Those are not good stats from Doherty. They are, at best, very average. There was no just reason for him to get game after game after game ahead of guys who, let's face it, don't exactly have a high bar to jump over. And which Lyon jumped over in his brief opportunities
2) More full time spinners have played test cricket for Aus in that time than full time spinners have played OD cricket for Australia. (Lyon, Doherty, Beer, Agar & O'keefe v Doherty, Lyon, Ahmed). That is absolutely astonishing.

they stuffed it up so badly. and now they're relying on Glenn Maxwell to save everything.
i wouldn't say they are totally relying on maxwell as they still do play other spinners on most occasions, Maxwell is picked in the side for other abilities than just his bowling, his fielding & battingo_O

Muirhead has the yips - he was traded by the STARS for Beer before the tournament started - it's that bad. Ahmed has got better this year but he's 33 and gets belted by higher class players - there are a lot of tailenders in his victims.

Muirhead has the yips - he was traded by the STARS for Beer before the tournament started - it's that bad. Ahmed has got better this year but he's 33 and gets belted by higher class players - there are a lot of tailenders in his victims.
His wickets for the tournament - Birt, Bailey, Maxwell, Forrest, Head.

Did not take a single tail-end wicket all Big Bash.

white isnt a bowler. one of the biggest things holding him back in playing for australia is that for so long he was picked as a bowling all rounder when he didnt even bowl in the domestic comp. not that he shouldnt be in the team, he has been our best odi batter domestically for the last 2 years and averages about 35, which for the lols is only 2 less than englands greatest ever odi batter ian bell.

if we want a spinner we need to choose someone as a spinner. and i dont mean a dart slinging spud like doherty or haurits, an actual spinner like zampa, boyce, ahmwed or muirhead.
I was just joking around, I'd give bloody finch a bowl ahead of White.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's Nathan Lyon like in ODI? Unproven, poor, too attacking? Seems to do ok in bbl, why isn't he given a shot
I would hjave liked him to get a couple of ODIs befre the squad announcement, but timing made that impossible. It wa simperative he be kept away from the short form stuff before the Test series. He bowls defensively enough without going in to a Test series having played games where he had to bowl defensively.

He just didnt get a chance to push for a spot. I think he could be as good a 50 over spinner as we have. Sadly, Doherty is probably the next best for that format. Usually serviceable, but prone to a boundary ball and not a wicket taker. But in Australia conditions, "usually serviceable" is about all you get out of a spinner apart from the very top echelon of internationals.

Pace troubles batsmen. There is a line though, you don't want to be bowling 145kmph gun barrel straight, but you don't want to be bowling 130kmph at best either. Halewood type in between is perfect.

So does swing and seam movement. If you have both like Steyn then you are the best, but Johnson only has one.. I'd honestly like to see some of the "slower" guys given a game to see how they do, like Sandhu, unfortunately Boof and his dipshits are stubborn and stupid, hence picking Maxwell.

Classic armchair expert stufff :)

We would be where England is if the supposed dipshits were not picking the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back