Australia World Cup Squad 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon it's more a choice between Bailey and Maxwell for a spot in the top six. There are a lot of all-rounders and I'm not sure we need to be regularly playing more than two.

I reckon Hazlewood will play ahead of Cummins and surely Faulkner, if he's playing, should bat above Haddin.

Maxwell will play, where he bats is a different story. I think the two al rounders fighting for a spot are Marsh and Faulkner, so I think Marsh misses out.

I don't follow ODI cricket closely enough to conjure up a best 11, but can see some of you have Johnson as low as #10, and Starc as low as #11. That's some serious batting depth!

He was stiff, but I wouldn't drop Cummins to give him a spot...
couldnt agree more - cummins is the selectors love child along with bad haddin - any other state keeper would be a better option in the 50 over game. Also Zampa for Doherty. Faulkner/ Maxwell and Johnson should play every game

should have picked harris but other than that, its the best possible side

i fear we may get knocked out by one of the subcontinent teams, their spinners would be all over our batsmen. a team like pakistan or sri lanka could do it easily. india would also have revenge on thier minds after this test series

should have picked harris but other than that, its the best possible side

i fear we may get knocked out by one of the subcontinent teams, their spinners would be all over our batsmen. a team like pakistan or sri lanka could do it easily. india would also have revenge on thier minds after this test series
I think the pace bowlers will have a larger impact on Australian wickets.

Yes, at 43yo Brad Hogg is still the best limited overs spinner in the country. Would not have been adverse to picking him if he was available.

If it was 20/20 I'd have him as one of my first picked. But not sure he's up to a 50 over tournament (not just because of age, but recent injuries).

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Watson
4. Clarke
5. Smith
6. Faulkner
7. Haddin
8. Maxwell
9. Johnson
10. Hazlewood
11. Pat Cummins

Would be my selected team out of the squad selected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who doesnt have Maxwell in their side is kidding themselves. Has to play, and will.

Maxwell is unlucky in that his selection depends on how much faith we put in the top four.
He needs to be protected by Faulkner and Haddin if there is a collapse.

But given we're probably going with Faulkner+3 quicks and Watson I expect him to play because he can provide a spin option.

And for those who want Pattinson- not only has he not done enough to prove his fitness but he's not really that great a limited overs bowler

I give Bradesman the benefit of the doubt that he's taking the piss. No-one could be that stupid otherwise so surely he's just having fun with us.
I'm not taking the piss. The proof is in the pudding. Warner has one 50 in his last 5 innings on home soil. Faulkner goes for 6 an over regularly without taking wickets and Mitch Marsh's ODI bowling is not up to scratch to be considered an international standard allrounder.

Really think Clarke shouldn't be risking himself for this, ODI cricket is dead.

Why he's been piss farting around with this format the last few years I'll never know. He's determined to do all he can to miss the test cricket we REALLY need him for seemingly.

As for the rest of the squad its just favorites over form as usual. Haddin over Wade? Cummins over Dorff? Very flakey batting lineup once Clarke doesn't come up or re injures himself. Only ones I trust to steer us home or through a situation are Smith, Marsh maybe Bailey. Voges needed to be in for Clarke. Going to need opponents to seriously underperform.

I can't understand how people are calling Cummins' selection a "selectors favourite", but want Zampa instead of Doherty? Doherty isn't the most exciting option but he will get through ten overs at a reasonable economy rate and can be relied upon- Zampa is far too raw to be relied upon at a World Cup. And yes I am a South Australian.

I personally think Brad Hogg is the best limited overs spinner in Australia but Doherty is the right choice.

Why he's been piss farting around with this format the last few years I'll never know. He's determined to do all he can to miss the test cricket we REALLY need him for seemingly.

As for the rest of the squad its just favorites over form as usual. Haddin over Wade? Cummins over Dorff? Very flakey batting lineup once Clarke doesn't come up or re injures himself. Only ones I trust to steer us home or through a situation are Smith, Marsh maybe Bailey. Voges needed to be in for Clarke. Going to need opponents to seriously underperform.

Wade is hardly unlucky to miss.

And if Clarke doesn't come up we can replace him

IMO Clarke won't play, he's just in the squad in case he comes good. He'll be replaced by a back-up batsman like Shaun Marsh, Cam White etc.

1. Warner
2. Finch
3. Watson
4. Bailey
5. Smith
6. Faulkner
7. Maxwell
8. Haddin
9. Johnson
10. Starc
11. Cummins

12. M Marsh