Australian Open - Day 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok, the rest of the quarterfinals to come:

11am:

Madison Keys vs. 18- Venus Williams - H2H 1-0 to Venus - Touch match, Keys to win a 3 setter.

1- Serena Williams vs. 11- Dominika Cibulkova - H2H 4-0 to Serena - Straight setter for serena, even though it was an impressive match by Domi last round.

4- Stan Wawrinka vs. 5- Kei Nishikori - 2-0 to Stan - Their US open match was a classic, hoping for the same here. Stan in 4 for me.

Not before 7.30pm

1- Novak Djokovic vs. 8- Milos Raonic - 4-0 to Novak - 4 sets for Novak, Raonic to geta silly tiebreaker.

Coverage starts at 11am on Channel 7

Full schedule of play: http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/index.html

Live scores: http://www.ausopen.com/en_AU/scores/index.html

Madison Keys v Venus Williams - Both players are in strong form and Madison's form has been as impressive as you can get. Venus has plenty of experience on her side and she overpowered Radwanska with ease in the final set but I wonder how much longer she can last? Madison in three sets for mine!

Serena Williams v Dominika Cibulkova
- Cibulkova won't be afraid of the big stage as she made the final last year but Serena is starting to hot up now despite some shaky performances. However expect a close one but Serena should win this one in three sets!

Stan Wawrinka v Kei Nishikori
- This is going to be a great match and both are playing great tennis at the moment. After the US Open match last year, I think Stan will be desperate to avenge his defeat and with a great forehand and backhand I can see him edging Nishikori but it won't be easy. My prediction is Stan in 4 sets but expect a tiebreak or two though! However don't be surprised if this is a five-setter as both players are evenly matched.

Novak Djokovic v Milos Raonic - Going to be another great match for mine and a big moment for Raonic to step up to the next level! Raonic's serve is brilliant so expect that to cause Novak some problems and I've noticed an improvement in Milos' overall game with his forehand and backhand but expect Novak to take care of him when it matters most. Novak in 4 tough sets is my prediction!

Keys to push Venus, wouldn't surprise me if she won.
Serena to win comfortably after looking in trouble last match against Muguruza.
Nishikori vs Wawrinka will be a beauty I reckon, Stan in 5 is my pick though.
Djokovic should beat Raonic but think Milos could snag a set in a breaker.

Venus in 3
Serena in 3
Nishikori in 5

I'm heading down today and must say I am really looking forward to it. Forecast 26C, shade viewing, 6 rows back from the court, can't ask for more than that! :)
Sounds good, Stan the Man v Nishikori will be a great match

Madison Keys v Venus Williams - Both players are in strong form and Madison's form has been as impressive as you can get. Venus has plenty of experience on her side and she overpowered Radwanska with ease in the final set but I wonder how much longer she can last? Madison in three sets for mine!

Serena Williams v Dominika Cibulkova
- Cibulkova won't be afraid of the big stage as she made the final last year but Serena is starting to hot up now despite some shaky performances. However expect a close one but Serena should win this one in three sets!

Stan Wawrinka v Kei Nishikori
- This is going to be a great match and both are playing great tennis at the moment. After the US Open match last year, I think Stan will be desperate to avenge his defeat and with a great forehand and backhand I can see him edging Nishikori but it won't be easy. My prediction is Stan in 4 sets but expect a tiebreak or two though! However don't be surprised if this is a five-setter as both players are evenly matched.

Novak Djokovic v Milos Raonic - Going to be another great match for mine and a big moment for Raonic to step up to the next level! Raonic's serve is brilliant so expect that to cause Novak some problems and I've noticed an improvement in Milos' overall game with his forehand and backhand but expect Novak to take care of him when it matters most. Novak in 4 tough sets is my prediction!
I agree with all of these predictions except I have Venus winning in three.

About what time do you reckon Nishikori v Stan will be on? After the women's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who else is really excited for Stan v Nishikori??

This will be a ripper, 2 of the best players on tour to watch
Very excited as well and they're both evenly-matched in many areas. Both have superb backhands and both have improved immensely in the past two years or so.

This should be the night match in my opinion but I understand why Djokovic and Raonic is the night match instead for ratings purposes and the fact that the Djoko is world number 1.

I'm so happy for Madison.

I remember the first time I watched her was in October of 2012 at a futures tournament in Saguenay. She was a set and a break down against Kudryavtseva in the Semi Final before running all over the Russian. The following night, she took on Bouchard in the final and beat her in what was a battle between two future stars.

I knew from that moment Keys was going to be something special.

I wouldn't let me wife know, but the reason I know those fine details is because I watched the match on my laptop whilst on my Laptop. It was on after a Chelsea v Man United match, and my wife was well and truly asleep, so I thought I'd watch some sport to celebrate my Honeymoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back