Australian Open - Day 9

Remove this Banner Ad

I would absolutely tear into the linesman in the interview they have been s**t all tournament.

I hope Murray gets hammered next round

I don't. Easy to forget now he's gone onto to win a couple of majors but it was only 3-4 years ago he was in similar situations as Nick (lot more advanced actually) but was up against Federer, Nadal and alike and he constantly blew it time and time again. He's stuck in there and is now able to mentality battle his way over the that last hump so he deserves it. He's definitely got a wonderful opportunity to win it all and a straight sets victory will keep his body relatively fresh too.

Twice in two games Murray gets the luck of the linesmen. Sure Kyrgios probably would have lost but it doesn't excuse it. Disgraceful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just too good.

Murray played smart experienced tennis, was relentless on serve, didn't give a look at a break point till his 15th service game.

Kyrgios will (hopefully) learn a lot from that.

I would absolutely tear into the linesman in the interview they have been s**t all tournament.
Thank God you're not a tennis player then. Their job is hard as it is. There's awkward positions that players get in that restricts their view sometimes. Nick had the right to challenge, you can't hit a shot, start moving then stop and challenge. Just as much Nick's fault than anyone else.

I don't. Easy to forget now he's gone onto to win a couple of majors but it was only 3-4 years ago he was in similar situations as Nick (lot more advanced actually) but was up against Federer, Nadal and alike and he constantly blew it time and time again. He's stuck in there and is now able to mentality battle his way over the that last hump so he deserves it. He's definitely got a wonderful opportunity to win it all and a straight sets victory will keep his body relatively fresh too.
Agree mate, hope Murray wins it from here

Thank God you're not a tennis player then. Their job is hard as it is. There's awkward positions that players get in that restricts their view sometimes. Nick had the right to challenge, you can't hit a shot, start moving then stop and challenge. Just as much Nick's fault than anyone else.
It isnt nicks job to call it out, it is the linesmen. They have been s**t ally tournament and deserve to be scrutinized.

No, it's the lineperson's or the chair umpire's fault mate, the players aren't there to umpire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back