Traded Blake Acres [Traded to Carlton for Future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Uncanny though. Usually a splice off the same spot on the boot. I’ve almost learned to love it

It usually means he's set for a big game once he gets it out of the way.

Fantastic bit of business this. Cost bugger all in terms of trade capital and salary cap room and he’s had comfortably his best season. A really important player for us even if he’s good for one kick off the side of the boot that goes 25 rows back out on the full each game.

Been really good for Carlton, sometimes his disposal is a bit iffy but has grown in confidence as the season progressed.

Fantastic bit of business this. Cost bugger all in terms of trade capital and salary cap room and he’s had comfortably his best season. A really important player for us even if he’s good for one kick off the side of the boot that goes 25 rows back out on the full each game.
Incredibly fit guy that is at his best, in my opinion, when he runs back defensively and helps out. I know this is not a popular opinion, but I'm still happy we gave him up. His kicking is just too fundamentally flawed to be a good player. I know there are heaps of really good players that are dodgy kicks (like Dangerfield, Oliver and Fyfe) but I don't want them playing wing and kicking inside 50 to a leading forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blake had a great game - how good were his 2 goal saves?
Still not convinced on him though. He doesn’t have composure when the pressure is on.

Was one of your best against the Dogs and was your best against the Pies in finals last year.

Was close to our best last night. I reckon he loves the pressure.

His kicking is average and he will kick it OOTF once a game without fail but you take that for the mountain of work he does. Breaks lines. Works both ways. Wins 50/50 contests. Gun player.

Was one of your best against the Dogs and was your best against the Pies in finals last year.

Was close to our best last night. I reckon he loves the pressure.

His kicking is average and he will kick it OOTF once a game without fail but you take that for the mountain of work he does. Breaks lines. Works both ways. Wins 50/50 contests. Gun player.
It’s a bit of a stretch to call him a gun. Has been in the system 10 years without a too 10 b@f finish. He has been delisted by one club and, ostensibly, let go by another.
He gives his all and is bloody fit. He had a blinder last night and I am really stoked for the guy. At the end of the day you can’t have too many players with questionable disposal in the team. Especially those that play wing.
It is an unpopular opinion at Freo but I am not that disappointed they let him go. They decided to roll the dice and develop a younger guy with a better kick, which is risky but might work out.

It’s a bit of a stretch to call him a gun. Has been in the system 10 years without a too 10 b@f finish. He has been delisted by one club and, ostensibly, let go by another.
He gives his all and is bloody fit. He had a blinder last night and I am really stoked for the guy. At the end of the day you can’t have too many players with questionable disposal in the team. Especially those that play wing.
It is an unpopular opinion at Freo but I am not that disappointed they let him go. They decided to roll the dice and develop a younger guy with a better kick, which is risky but might work out.
He's never been delisted?

He’s a bit soft at it at times and is a terrible kick inside 50 …. A nice pick up but I don’t get the blues jizzing over him

He’s a bit soft at it at times and is a terrible kick inside 50 …. A nice pick up but I don’t get the blues jizzing over him

He is no a star but he has been invaluable to several of wins this season, none more vital than last Friday Night.

Not bad for a pick that will end up in the late 60s that Freo may not even use.

He is no a star but he has been invaluable to several of wins this season, none more vital than last Friday Night.

Not bad for a pick that will end up in the late 60s that Freo may not even use.
I agree …. He’d be one of the 4 or 5 best trades of the year … but I’ve seen a lot of over the top posts on here

I agree …. He’d be one of the 4 or 5 best trades of the year … but I’ve seen a lot of over the top posts on here

Agreed, I don't really like my fellow Carlton fans rubbing it in Freo fans faces after every game Acres plays.

Just seems really tacky and unnecessary.
Freo fans are not stupid. They know they got hosed in the trade. No need to sink the boots in further imo

Agreed, I don't really like my fellow Carlton fans rubbing it in Freo fans faces after every game Acres plays.

Freo fans are not stupid. They know they got hosed in the trade. No need to sink the boots in further imo
Exactly …. A common sense take. Surely you aren’t the same Elmer _Judd what posts on the bae?

This thread only gets bumped for the way they s**t canned him after he dropped that sitter in round 1 when we drew with Richmond.

They wanted weekly updates so they will get weekly updates.

9 coaches votes and best on ground in a final whilst his replacements Ethan Hughes and Liam Henry are on holidays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back