Autopsy Blues win against the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Curnow's injury is probably the worse thing to come out of it all, he's been such a great contributor for us lately and really hitting his stride.
Anyone know exactly what the injury is ? And what he will miss ??

Well that was largely different to everything in the first four weeks, and quite refreshing to see.

I had a feeling as mentioned in the pre-game thread that there was cause for optimism if the team clicked and they did for a full four quarters.

Given we had 2 down on the bench for practically the last quarter, the Doggies must ask why they couldn't overrun us, but testament to the 20 fit guys who were out there and battled hard, and even Curnow who tried to get back out there. Looks like a bad corkie, but he might be okay to get up next week with a few days rest and a light week on the training track.

Thought Casboult offered a bit around the ground... who knows if he had have wheeled around instead of handing to Judd the old captain might have ran out the game. Nevertheless it is what it is and we need to be able to win without him on the park.

Thought Murphy's game was good, and the other guys giving protection and standing up for each other is something we haven't seen in the first three weeks.

We're not without a chance against West Coast but I'm still very nervous about Sam Rowe down back.

Scotland handy but boy did I spit out some of my crisps when he elected not to just go back and slot from point blank range.

Good stuff from the boys, particularly Murph, Gibbs and Warnock after copping a shellacking during the week.

Cachia in for Curnow, McLean in for Judd.

One thing... what was with the pro Bulldogs commentating all day? They were actively cheering them on and applauding every thing they did... it wasn't until the game was well and truly done that they finally said "Carlton deserve this win"...

F'n shizen housen Fox... call the game not who you want to win.

Really loved how they played. Unrestricted, instinctive football. Used the whole field, looked to hit targets and use the ball more and use it short more and get it to the runners and went wide when it slowed down at the right times. We did try and play this way against the Deas but our intent wasn't there that day. Switched play more and moved it forward easier.

Ran really well for the first time in ages, both ways.

Still can't get why we have looked unable to run all year and all of a sudden we looked full of run. Were they bad or did we lift?

Chasing and tackling was leaps and bounds ahead of where it's been. Just looked to have a spring in our steps and more run.

More effort, hard at the contest, harder running.

Forward structure and setup was spot on. Finally made having three tall forwards work for once.

Umpires did their best to try and get the dogs back in the game in the last part of the game.

The substitute situation proved to once again be a crock of shit, actually does the opposite of what it's meant to do when you get two or more injuries. Just go back to a 4 man bench FFS.

Curnow, Gibbs, Murphy, Henderson all played really well. Yarran has stepped up a level this year.

Guys out of form played well like Waite, Tuohy and White.

Could watch Everitt kick the football all day, he's the best kick we have had at Carlton in many years.

Cripps needs time in the seniors, at this stage we can't get enough footy into him, will likely need a week off at some stage I feel, probably find himself sore.

Rowe is an ok backman but does some really poor things at times, I've seen worse.

Get a feeling Judds problem may have been pre-existing and we have ****ed up here. Was getting work done on the hamstrings prior to coming on.

Really looking for Lucas to lift and improve his tackling technique. Just tackles with the hands and not he body. Thought today he'd get more of the footy too. Put his head over the footy and he did wear one at one stage, in the past he may not have gone the ball or held back so that's something. Is improving and is showing more maturity but still has improvement left.

Warnock is playing ok, he looks good when our midfield has a go. All that ball grip stuck on his chest is going to waste still though. More marks, has been making good spoils though.

Bell is moving well, i just wish he was better with his hands and his kicking.

I think we looked better with Robbo (bad skills) and Mclean (slow) not out there. Ball in the hands of good users, less fumbling, plenty of run.

Good to stick it up the media and all the Malthouse bashers out there.

Last edited:
Lucas did really well today... lots of sticking his tackles and in and under work :)
Tackle machine! 9 big ones and they stuck. Just the 12 possessions but he did a lot of bullocking and kept the pressure on. Still not the cleanest disposal.

You can see how good Cripps will be when he gains confidence and composure. Gun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpiring was atrocious both ways.

How on earth can a player take 7 steps, get run down, drop the ball and still not get called for dropping the ball or holding the ball.

When Yaz executed that tackle, I thought that their would be no way for the ump to find an excuse and call play on like they usually do, but this freaking ump decided that the rules didn't count and he just wanted to call play on anyway.

They pay free kicks for the slightest infringements and they call play on when players make the most obvious infringements, pathetic.

The umpiring was atrocious both ways.

How on earth can a player take 7 steps, get run down, drop the ball and still not get called for dropping the ball or holding the ball.

When Yaz executed that tackle, I thought that their would be no way for the ump to find an excuse and call play on like they usually do, but this freaking ump decided that the rules didn't count and he just wanted to call play on anyway.

They pay free kicks for the slightest infringements and they call play on when players make the most obvious infringements, pathetic.
Was thinking the exact same thing, "weasel your way out of that Ump!! *waits for whistle*....WHAT!?!?!"

Great win. This type of effort is what the club and supporters expect every game, win or lose. I listened to the ABC coverage with a pumped up Drew Morphett and Stan Alves and the commentary was fair and balanced.:thumbsu: Injuries to Curnow and Judd leaves a bitter aftertaste.:thumbsdown:

Good win
white_dance_club.gif

Well that was largely different to everything in the first four weeks, and quite refreshing to see.

I had a feeling as mentioned in the pre-game thread that there was cause for optimism if the team clicked and they did for a full four quarters.

Given we had 2 down on the bench for practically the last quarter, the Doggies must ask why they couldn't overrun us, but testament to the 20 fit guys who were out there and battled hard, and even Curnow who tried to get back out there. Looks like a bad corkie, but he might be okay to get up next week with a few days rest and a light week on the training track.

Thought Casboult offered a bit around the ground... who knows if he had have wheeled around instead of handing to Judd the old captain might have ran out the game. Nevertheless it is what it is and we need to be able to win without him on the park.

Thought Murphy's game was good, and the other guys giving protection and standing up for each other is something we haven't seen in the first three weeks.

We're not without a chance against West Coast but I'm still very nervous about Sam Rowe down back.

Scotland handy but boy did I spit out some of my crisps when he elected not to just go back and slot from point blank range.
And now we are starting to see some of the conditioning work that Buttifant is doing with the guys...

All good stuff that we can run out a game 2 players down!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back