Autopsy Blues win against the Dogs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Der...... I'm aware of the lack of talls tonight and im wrapped he won his position tonight. The 4 blokes you mentioned haven't ideally been in rip roaring form. (We played the melb Fwds into form). I'm talking about more in terms of westcoast and Collingwood next week.
Rowe is honest and determined. However for the nucleus of the team going forward i feel we need to get Watson in the team so we can make a call on the kid.
And you may be right. Forgive me, but I am getting quite sick of people who pot some of our players seemingly without actually watching them play... (not directed at you)

He will have tough tasks ahead of him if he is in the side against WCE and the Pies no doubt. Watson is a whole other can of worms!

Murphy great as was daisy, simmo, walks. Bell was really good and his inclusion would have got us over the line with the demons. White and Rowe make me incredibly pessimistic whenever they are involved.
Both were much better than you are suggesting. Particularly 17.

Great win boys, always have had a soft spot for the Blues for some reason I can't really explain, you're probably my next favourite Melbourne club.
Malthouse showed why he's one of the greatest coaches of all time, you didn't win the game with the players on the ground, you won it with him in the coaches box. Hope Judd is okay, love him as a player, good luck for the rest of the year, I would love for you to make finals over Richmond, or god forbid St Kilda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will Rowe get a Brownlow vote tonight? Probably not. Rowe only had 5 disposals but shut down one of their best forwards. Even if he had 0 disposals he still would have had a fantastic game.

I know I probably see a lot more in Rowe that most of you guys do but I thought regardless of how many times he touched the ball he played awesome!

Oh and the umpiring tonight was shocking both ways.
Agree with this however I reckon the umps were fine. They can't win can they?

the things that stood out to me

-Yay we won
-Gibbs first half was fantastic
-Murph killed Wallace
-Curnow was awesome til hurt
-Keep Lachie Forward
-Simmo great. Won a lot of one on ones
-White and Rowe were actually OK
-Really liked Yazz' game. Pressure
-The big one though.....A diff style. We were clearly looking to use the corridor, and playing on at every chance
-Bontemplleianelli for them looks like he'll be a REAL player

The umpiring was atrocious both ways.

How on earth can a player take 7 steps, get run down, drop the ball and still not get called for dropping the ball or holding the ball.

When Yaz executed that tackle, I thought that their would be no way for the ump to find an excuse and call play on like they usually do, but this freaking ump decided that the rules didn't count and he just wanted to call play on anyway.

They pay free kicks for the slightest infringements and they call play on when players make the most obvious infringements, pathetic.
I seriously cannot believe why anyone talks about ******* umpires in a post-game thread.

Great win boys, always have had a soft spot for the Blues for some reason I can't really explain, you're probably my next favourite Melbourne club.
Malthouse showed why he's one of the greatest coaches of all time, you didn't win the game with the players on the ground, you won it with him in the coaches box. Hope Judd is okay, love him as a player, good luck for the rest of the year, I would love for you to make finals over Richmond, or god forbid St Kilda.
Quality post mate :thumbsu:
Best of luck to your boys for the rest of the year ;)

Hendo must play fwd. our defence functioned well considering it was very much a makeshift defence, how we match up against Kennedy and Darling will be a completely different story and if they can manage to hold them then we will have taken some giant steps forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back