Politics Bob Carr - Gillard Govt foreign policy "subcontracted" to Melbourne Jewish lobby

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do most of you lefties hate Israel and Jews?

Take off your Islamist glasses people.

Does it really matter if the UN recognises the Palestinian authority as part of UNESCO - is that a pivotal issue for Aussies ?

dont know about mark leibermann. is he one of the heads of the Aus-Israel pac, or Australian Jewish congress, or Board of Deputies. It escapes my current recollection. If i see his face and reminded of the context might sput the memory. Did not Isi's brother on board of Coles-Myer get Solly Lew out of trouble with Yannon from his counsel at arnold bloch?

His head of the CJD and CEO of Israeli/Australia chamber of commerce - these guys are seriously smart

And it's treatment of gays and women hey?
the haredi do the same in jerusalem too. and it was not too many decades ago when buggery was in our criminal statutes too. but hey, lets hate on the mussies. yeah, some of the retrograde norms and culture traditions do deny
His head of the CJD and CEO of Israeli/Australia chamber of commerce - these guys are seriously smart
is CJD Council of Jewish Deputies, memory telling me that is Board of Jewish Deputies, gunslingers, wildwest, dont need no swearing in ceremony, hand on old testament etc, they dont need that for the hasbara. You hear about during the Feith and Wolfowitz time in special plans room at the Pentagon, that Israel's staffers would just walk thru all doors in the Pentagon, and take no peace or excuse me wtf you going, they would just walk right in on high high ups offices and meetings. Like Clinton said about Bibi Netanyahu first time around, before he had tried to assassinate Yassir Arafat, so 97 or something, he said "who the * does this guy think he is". <unsaid, some partner from Boston Consulting with Romney preBain>

they plays for keeps. play to win. I wish Richmond had 22 of em lining up tonight, cos the Pies are gunna thump us

And it's treatment of gays and women hey?
the haredi do the same in jerusalem too. and it was not too many decades ago when buggery was in our criminal statutes too. but hey, lets hate on the mussies. yeah, some of the retrograde norms and culture traditions do deny
Does it really matter if the UN recognises the Palestinian authority as part of UNESCO - is that a pivotal issue for Aussies ?
does it matter? nope. They are never gunna get their own bastustans or cantons or rump steak of a country. They can eat cake with or without this measure to tuck them into bed at night.

Now, you gotta wonder, why Smoking Joe Hockey went bigtime at a public gathering round Punchbowl and Lakemba and talked about his Palestinean lineage. Yeah, we knew you had a grandfather, but it was prolly not the ost politically astute move 6 months back. I was gobsmacked, just like you are gobsmacked at Gillard's zionism.

It's no coincidence that Israel is the only country in the Middle East in which women are afforded any type of freedom and rights

It's no coincidence that Israel is the only country in the Middle East in which women are afforded any type of freedom and rights

That is true and there are many Israeli newspapers, politicians and citizens who think the spread of settlements is horrible - so to say there is a Lobby does them a disservice - but to deny they don't have a hot line to the top echelons the Labor Party is denying reality.

the haredi do the same in jerusalem too. and it was not too many decades ago when buggery was in our criminal statutes too. but hey, lets hate on the mussies.

seriously mate, not you too. I think you equivalency meter must be broken.

You need to cut down on the Schlomo Sands.

As for a military assistance treaty with the French, I'd be up for it. At least they can win a fight these days, unlike the pathetic Brits who were run out of Basra, run out of Helmand. The French are currently pound for pound probably the most effective military force on the planet, even more so than the Israelis.

Brit military policy has been diabolical since Blair (not to mention Blair's poodle at MI6). Carriers just the latest stuff up.

The French copped a couple of hidings in Afghanistan. Apparently one version has it that it was the Italians fault as they had been paying off the Taliban.

If push came to shove the Poms would wipe the floor with the French. Israel nowhere. Too many mad aggressive Scots.

I don't understand why people talk so much about Jews. Either positive or negative as they are such a small part of society. What is the fascination?
Disproportionate power. It's what happens when you're smarter than just about anyone who has ever lived. Mind you, this may be merely a publicity stunt, or maybe not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond have George Pell on their side, maybe cosmic reprisals are being handed out.
he farkin better do something post-haste then cos I can see someone delivering Danny Frawleys chicken manure to Punt Rd oval.
that was lukewarm and weakwilled. they need some worry beads

Last edited:
Brit military policy has been diabolical since Blair (not to mention Blair's poodle at MI6). Carriers just the latest stuff up.

The French copped a couple of hidings in Afghanistan. Apparently one version has it that it was the Italians fault as they had been paying off the Taliban.

If push came to shove the Poms would wipe the floor with the French. Israel nowhere. Too many mad aggressive Scots.

The French won the fight for NATO on the ground and in the air in Lbya (with major technical and intel assistance from the US)

The French has also acquitted theselves in a very good fashionn in Mali and Core D'Ivoire.

The Brits did well in Sierra Leone but that is it. Last clear cut win they had was in Las Malvinas.

And right now, Brits vs France? France would win - superior airforce and ground forces.

The French won the fight for NATO on the ground and in the air in Lbya (with major technical and intel assistance from the US)

The French has also acquitted theselves in a very good fashionn in Mali and Core D'Ivoire.

The Brits did well in Sierra Leone but that is it. Last clear cut win they had was in Las Malvinas.

And right now, Brits vs France? France would win - superior airforce and ground forces.
carla bruni and segolene royal > cheri blair and wendi deng

but knowing medusala 's bias for all things british he would prolly take deng and blair. not for me. i will be celibate

seriously mate, not you too. I think you equivalency meter must be broken.

You need to cut down on the Schlomo Sands.
ok, lets get the time travel meter back to 60s and middle class kabul, pakistan, and 1930s jaffa and jerusalem. we have a much different pinprick view into the muslim world. they never had the strong political philosophy civil structures but they gave us some grand insights into mathematics before dark ages... but the christians and ussr atheists do bear some of the blame burden in rivening societies that stood on the way station of strategic geographies. no compulsory burkas, women integrated... lalalala....

ok, lets get the time travel meter back to 60s and middle class kabul, pakistan, and 1930s jaffa and jerusalem. we have a much different pinprick view into the muslim world. they never had the strong political philosophy civil structures but they gave us some grand insights into mathematics before dark ages... but the christians and ussr atheists do bear some of the blame burden in rivening societies that stood on the way station of strategic geographies. no compulsory burkas, women integrated... lalalala....

I met a quite groovy Bosnian women who was very attractive for a 60 year old who said in the 60s and 70s they would wear bikinis and drink Martinis - she said our daughters are in burkhas!

he farkin better do something post-haste then cos I can see someone delivering Danny Frawleys chicken manure to Punt Rd oval.
that was lukewarm and weakwilled. they need some worry beads

We do it better down in Catland - I think it was after we coughed up the 1992 Grand Final to f*cking West Coast someone mailed a bunch of rotting sheep hearts to our football department.

I met a quite groovy Bosnian women who was very attractive for a 60 year old who said in the 60s and 70s they would wear bikinis and drink Martinis - she said our daughters are in burkhas!
for evos sake, i am not blaming the west, or Bush, or his CIA, or Oliver North, or James Baker...
my thesis is just, if you had let them find their own version of modernity, they may have been later to the table, but they were on the way. They needed to do it themselves. But then their nations had a strategic foothold on territory the US and USSR eyed off to conduct their proxy/cold war. For Israel (substitute America, not called 51st state for nuffin)

That is true and there are many Israeli newspapers, politicians and citizens who think the spread of settlements is horrible - so to say there is a Lobby does them a disservice - but to deny they don't have a hot line to the top echelons the Labor Party is denying reality.

I guess we should give the ALP credit that at least they have the debate. The Libs would have less internal dissent to their adopted position than the views you mention that are found within Israel.

And for all his foibles we should be grateful to Carr that the debate has gone public. Our democracy would be better served if the influences of lobby groups that fund election campaigns, whether it be pro-Israeli, unions or corporations were transparent rather than on a 'behind close doors' basis.

I guess we should give the ALP credit that at least they have the debate. The Libs would have less internal dissent to their adopted position than the views you mention that are found within Israel.

And for all his foibles we should be grateful to Carr that the debate has gone public. Our democracy would be better served if the influences of lobby groups that fund election campaigns, whether it be pro-Israeli, unions or corporations were transparent rather than on a 'behind close doors' basis.
Got to agree brother

Remove this Banner Ad

Back