Not open for further replies.

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Lets hope not. Charlie has about as much to offer as a combination of Wong, Pyne and Plibersek.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...uncing-abdication-in-Christmas-broadcast.html

The bookmaker Coral has suspended betting on the Queen announcing her abdication in this year's Christmas Day broadcast.
The betting firm said it had decided to close the market after an "unusual" rash of wagers which "instantly set alarm bells ringing".
It had offered odds of 10-1 on the Queen abdicating during the Christmas message.
The speech to the nation is pre-recorded, leading to suspicions that people with inside knowledge, either from Buckingham Palace or the TV camera crew, might have acted on inside knowledge

Interesting.

Been a while since we've had a King of Australia.

Woman's Weekly must be licking their lips. Anything that manages to annoy the turds out of Turnbull and Eddie can't be that bad.

prince+george+1.jpg

Lets hope not. Charlie has about as much to offer as a combination of Wong, Pyne and Plibersek.

What do any of those in line have to offer? They seem like nice enough people, but they're about as much use to Australia as a back pocket on a pair of jocks.

It is interesting, but I can't imagine too many Australians losing sleep with worry about what would happen if Charles became king.

Geez it pisses me off when bookies suspend betting.

If you are going to offer a market then you wear that risk. Its BS that they can pick and choose.

lets hope charlie gets it, he's our best hope for a republic.

Sorry to do this, bu Charlie has been carrying on Dianas work sticking it up the establishment. He tells people that pot is the best thing for ms, he is an activist for organic food, sustainable farming practices, He believes overpopulation is the most pressing issue ect ect ect. He freely recognizes the abhorrent role of war in all of this.

Look him up, look what MSM won't say about his charity work.

This is why he isn't king.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting.

Been a while since we've had a King of Australia.

Michael-Abney-Hast_2266696b.jpg

It was therefore proposed that Abney-Hastings, the direct descendant of George Plantagenet, 1st Duke of Clarence and brother of Edward IV, should be the rightful King.

When the claim was raised with Abney-Hastings at his farm in Jerilderie, he said he had been elected to the local shire council and would prefer to focus on his duties as councillor.

"When they told me I was surprised all right," he said. "But I don't think it will worry us too much. Titles don't mean much out here and I have no intention of leaving Jerilderie ... Why would you want to be King anyway? They can't do anything without someone on their back."​

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ghtful-king-of-England-dies-in-Australia.html

Geez it pisses me off when bookies suspend betting.

If you are going to offer a market then you wear that risk. Its BS that they can pick and choose.
Yeah that's not how bookies work. If the information is know beforehand only a moron would keep it open. Bets placed beforehand will normally still be honoured (apart from what appear to be fraudulent ones).

Yeah that's not how bookies work. If the information is know beforehand only a moron would keep it open. Bets placed beforehand will normally still be honoured (apart from what appear to be fraudulent ones).

Thats what Im saying though. If they want to open a market on something that can be so easily manipulated then they wear that risk.

If someone at Luxbet or Betfair or whatever gets news that she will abdicate then adjust your markets. Wind it in to $1.01.

My opinion is that closing the market shouldnt be allowed until the result is official. If it means they open less BS markets like "Will the Queen abdicate on XMas?" or "First coach sacked" then it can only be a good thing.

It's a f***ing huge story if it happens, she's been the boss since 1952, for most she's the only monarch in living memory. I remember reading that Charles might not go by the name Charles is he becomes King.
Yeah will take the name George. Which is a cop out IMO. Obvs doesn't want to be Charles the Third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back