Past Coach Brett Ratten - set to depart NM - Thanks Ratts!

Coaches of the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you for your service, Ratts. Will always think of you as a North Melbourne man.

Now for some young, hungry, next generation assistants for Clarko to bring on. Could be a flag in it, boys.
Who are the likely candidates I.e., who will Clarko target?

As much as I'm disappointed to see Ratts go can't help but think he was exactly who we needed this year and we were exactly what he needed. I think we're both a lot better off for the experience.

Last edited:

I’m so glad he appears to be at peace with this departure and cannot thank him enough for stepping in at our hour of need.

I wish him nothing but the very best for his and his family’s future.

Top shelf human is Ratts.

PS: I didn't like him much as a player because he was bloody good. He might not have been a Kernahan, McKay or Kouta but he gave it everything in the games I saw him play and he more than halved every contest. If some of that has rubbed off on the North players that he coached this season then I will be very pleased.

And as much as I didn't like him as a player, I really did like him because he had G&D.

Actually hurt a bit reading that, goes to show how impactful he's been for us this year.

There's a particular kind of respect and appreciation you have for the people who stick by you when you're at your lowest, that help you get back up and on track, that's the feeling i'll have attached for Ratts forever now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aww Ratts. Forever...

Joining Welcome Home GIF

I wonder why he is leaving...
Would hope he's being offered a nice VFL/SANFL/WAFL job to put his smarts on the next gen... wish him well wherever he goes... except maybe * and Carltank

I wonder if Clarko’s been on the blower to Stewy Dew.

Presuming Stewy’s phone isn’t busy 24/7 with his calls to Uber Eats.
I heard on the radio that Dew was heavily linked to an assistant role at the Bulldogs I think, can't be 100% sure it was them.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back