Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

yet the NRLOL crew have been stamping up and down for government fund like usual, the cowboys are apparently getting a new stadium in clownsville because deserve one as they can only half fill their current one on average.

the broncos are apparently getting money for a new training facility as training behind their wealthy poke filled leagues club isnt good enough, so they need the government to pay for a new venue for them

Broncos League club was 10 million in the red in May of this year... still making plenty of money in other ways.

Listening to an interview on SEN their tennis man did with someone from the Brissy International tennis couple days ago...only just listening until the person mentioned they would like to expand the tennis facilities .......OR share the whole area with another sporting body.

...what size is it guys? Big enough for a footy team who are looking for a new home?

Listening to an interview on SEN their tennis man did with someone from the Brissy International tennis couple days ago...only just listening until the person mentioned they would like to expand the tennis facilities .......OR share the whole area with another sporting body.

...what size is it guys? Big enough for a footy team who are looking for a new home?
It's smack bang on the river, MacMum. Pass.

the broncos are apparently getting money for a new training facility as training behind their wealthy poke filled leagues club isnt good enough, so they need the government to pay for a new venue for them

The existing training facility was a large shed with some weight gear in it. They did need something new.

The existing training facility was a large shed with some weight gear in it. They did need something new.
They have a poke filled leagues club and a load of money in the bank, yet the government still approved to give them several million while knocking back the lions request

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bandits won minor premiership and host final of ABL this weekend. It's on the up and shares with local AFC ... makes sense for the government to back it and when they come to the party, I guess the AFL is interested too.

I think we're asking for a hell of a lot more from the AFL than this small base with a 'stadium'.

this is getting ridiculous TBH. How can a club in Australians biggest sporting competition not get government support with funding over the past few years? Seems to be going on and on with no end in sight. I think the only solution is the multi-use facility at the Brisbane Airport. Surely that will get entice investors if the AFL and Lions can come in and put in a few million. Been saying for a long time that region would be ideal as it's a ~10-15 minute drive from CBD and has plenty of space as well.

Could this be it

Brisbane Lions and Brisbane Roar are making a major announcement tomorrow...some sort of membership collaboration I'm guessing #aleague #afl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back