Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no excuse for violence at all, but you can understand why people with public profiles blow their lid at people every now and again. Imagine how many times Whitey has put up with people rubbishing him to his face, as if his contract with a football club makes him a permissible target of ridicule 24/7.

Even worse, how about this a-hole who presses charges after one smack in the chops? A double-whammy to your integrity there, champ. Repeatedly uses homophobic slurs which really says more about him than Simon White, threatens to end his career and then cries to the authorities when he cops a smack! s**t bloke on multiple counts.

There is no excuse for violence at all, but you can understand why people with public profiles blow their lid at people every now and again. Imagine how many times Whitey has put up with people rubbishing him to his face, as if his contract with a football club makes him a permissible target of ridicule 24/7.

Even worse, how about this a-hole who presses charges after one smack in the chops? A double-whammy to your integrity there, champ. Repeatedly uses homophobic slurs which really says more about him than Simon White, threatens to end his career and then cries to the authorities when he cops a smack! s**t bloke on multiple counts.
His old man being a lawyer doesn't help the little toe rag.

Anyone wanting to follow a team that is respected by other supporters better give Carlton away now. When we are good we are hated, when we are bad we are hated and derided. There is no middle ground. Respected? No. Feared? Historically. Our standing in the competition was reformatted in 2002 and most data was lost.
I agree, Thy-man but I was talking about their interpretation of your past few seasons' performances rather than our less recent past!

I agree, Thy-man but I was talking about their interpretation of your past few seasons' performances rather than our less recent past!
Agree. I need to improve in most areas......

To be fair, the assessment of Carlton by the neutrals over at Champion Data isn't that flattering for us either...

Teddy 'interchange player of the century' Hopkins should have a word to them...

Daisy and Mitch Robinson don't appear to be too happy being named in the Hun's Under The Pump article posted this afternoon :)

Daisy and Mitch Robinson don't appear to be too happy being named in the Hun's Under The Pump article posted this afternoon :)
I thought the article was a fair assessment of Daisy's last season, the one player definitely under the pump.

Yes but to be fair, we're looking through navy blue tinted glasses. The vast majority of people have us somewhere around there. It's only really our supporter base that thinks differently.
Exactly, Carlton haven't done anything since 2011 that gives opposition fans any confidence in backing them to improve a heap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With White's guilty plea he has already donated $2,000 to a charity, doing hiis community deed now gets fine by the club. But what does the douchebag who started the whole thing get. Oh yeah now the victim wants compensation. Yet again why didn't someone step in and move White on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm as anti-violence as the next person but if you go out being a rude, foul mouthed little s**t and abusing people then you deserve a smack in the mouth. It's not like White laid into him, punched him unprovoked, or all that hard or from behind or attacked him with a weapon or really hurt the guy at all. The little s**t has a few stitches and a sore mouth. Got what he deserved really. These people work hard, provide entertainment and get little peace, they don't need to be abused and taunted by dimwits. The only problem is if it went too far and other people got involved.

Anyone notice the club's twitter account posted that ask Troy Menzel (at Mt Buller) QandA session (wasn't really paying attention)

Wonder if its a concerted push by the club to promote Tenzel as the face of the future, or the marketing dept are board and have too much time on their hands. ?

Anyone notice the club's twitter account posted that ask Troy Menzel (at Mt Buller) QandA session (wasn't really paying attention)

Wonder if its a concerted push by the club to promote Tenzel as the face of the future, or the marketing dept are board and have too much time on their hands. ?

I guess so

I personally worry that we will be lucky to keep interstate players these days

Unfortunately we all have reflexes and breaking points.
Of course White shouldn't have done what he did, but what's Mr. Soccio's story and his need to abuse someone?
Maybe Mr. Soccio should also be tending to his issue of anger management and shelling out some dollars to charity.........but I doubt it that will happen.
Is that right Mr. Soccio?

View attachment 104454
Unfortunately our legal system is pretty flawed in this regard.
Pick a fight and come off worse for wear=> you're somehow a victim.

Unfortunately our legal system is pretty flawed in this regard.
Pick a fight and come off worse for wear=> you're somehow a victim.

yes thats pretty screwed up. I am not advocating violence - just agreeing that the guys behaviour had a direct bearing on what happened and unfortunately that doesnt seem to count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back