Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem discouraged by the new regime. I think there needed to be some degree of splintering to the Pratt/Mathieson power struggle, because it created too many years of inactivity in the structures below. I couldn't give a flying fig which power-broker wins, as long as one of them does and movement occurs again. The board clearly needs new blood and hopefully that begins to be drip-fed in soon. We're certainly going to find out what this club is made of this year.

Not discouraged by the new regime...............I'm discouraged by the old one, which is still active.

Not discouraged by the new regime...............I'm discouraged by the old one, which is still active.

Yeah, but the old one is allowing the change that needs to happen. I will be interested to see the process of the 'independent nominations committee' at work though.

You make it sound exciting. Are we there yet?

Car-on-blocks-no-wheels.jpg

Our future is like a blind date, we don't know what they are like, but it's all organised and ready to go. We don't know if SOS and Co will be any good at this. Maybe we just hope they are better than our Ex...

That article has made me livid. A lot of we in there...Sounds very much like he thinks he has a role in what's to come...

http://www.alhgroup.com.au/venues

This link will take you to the ALH website so you can search your state and see exactly which venues the prick owns.

I would advocate not visiting any of his shitholes...

That article has made me livid. A lot of we in there...Sounds very much like he thinks he has a role in what's to come...

This link will take you to the ALH website so you can search your state and see exactly which venues the prick owns.

Bugger... looks like I've had my final parma at the Moreland

I also refer to all Carlton things as "we", "our" etc ... people have pulled me up on it over the years, but I like that I feel that close to the club that it comes out naturally that way .... When Mathieson says it, it doesn't carry such a warm feeling. At least he's onboard with the slow recovery, I suppose ... While still an issue that needs to be dealt with, I think that makes it less urgent... ?

Looking forward to browsing that list - thanks for providing.

I'm still maintaining faith that we are being lead by our own men.

Edit: As expected, none of my regulars. A relief nonetheless.

Last edited:
I also refer to all Carlton things as "we", "our" etc ... people have pulled me up on it over the years, but I like that I feel that close to the club that it comes out naturally that way .... When Mathieson says it, it doesn't carry such a warm feeling. At least he's onboard with the slow recovery, I suppose ... While still an issue that needs to be dealt with, I think that makes it less urgent... ?

Looking forward to browsing that list - thanks for providing.

I'm still maintaining faith that we are being lead by our own men.

I agree completely with your point about we...and also about your appraisal of Mathieson using it...reeks of power and control to me...

If he had any class (or was a true supporter for that matter) he'd just give the no comment, or at the very most say something like, I just want to let the board do it's job...

Any comment is just gonna stir the pot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree completely with your point about we...and also about your appraisal of Mathieson using it...reeks of power and control to me...

If he had any class (or was a true supporter for that matter) he'd just give the no comment, or at the very most say something like, I just want to let the board do it's job...

Any comment is just gonna stir the pot.

... and is somewhat indicative of an ego-tripper ...

Not saying that this is the way that it is but

Could MLG have had a 'word in his ear' and told him to restrain himself?
I mention that only because his response this time was quite restrained by his standards.
Oh and the media will always seek out a reactionary comment from such characters.

Mathieson: “In simple terms, we must bring in more talent while developing and supporting our current players.”

It's not so much that Mathieson says what he says (or allowed to say what he does) it's that he holds a lot of influence in decisions.
Some may say "big deal" but they may not have considered what it means for a club to effectively be run from the outside.

God damnit, you're telling me when I went and saw Belinda Carlisle at the Shoppingtown Hotel for $40 that lined Mathieson's pockets a little more? :mad:

No he hasn't done a good job....................he took his eye off the ball and came in late with quick fixes.

I don't really want to blame Trigg because chances are he had to cut through a lot of red tape at the CFC before he could even 'really' start his job.

It's who we are.

you seem REALLY dark on the club atm Harks. Don't get me wrong, totally understandable, but I don't think I've seen you like this before!

Regardless of whether you like Bruce Mathieson. Can you all undoubtedly deny that everything the man has said is not correct. The further time goes on the more Mathieson is proven to be right.

He rightfully so rubbished our recruiters, both Hughes and Rogers haven't proven to have done a great deal, especially in comparison to the better AFL clubs.
For me, I completely agree with mathieson and take great comfort in many of the statements regarding the improvement of our administration.

Mathieson had no faith in the previous administration and suggested it was a painful administration at that which I completely agree with. He has faith in what we are doing now and who is in place. Perhaps this guy knows what he's talking about. Tick.

Everything Mathieson and MLG have said is absolutely 100% spot on. Not just that but it's such a different view of things to everything we've experienced in the past. No longer having a desire to go out and get an absolute superstar, willingness to suffer short term pain to achieve our ultimate goal, acceptance we need a multitude of high quality players to succeed. We don't have irrational people out there to sack the coach because we are losing, we actually have rational people with realistic views of where we are and what to expect. It's all music to my ears.

At one stage I felt Mathieson may have been a bit of a nuisance but after looking into what he's been pushing and what his opinions and mode of action appear to be, I'm firmly on his side. Everything he's said is true and right. Everything he's pushed for is for the wellbeing of the club and will see things go forward if those people succeed.

I think we should be glad to have powerful yet rational people in our corner who will force our club to go down the right path. We've had people in charge who have lead the club all over the place, mainly the wrong path in the past and that's got us to where we are now.

Regardless of whether you like Bruce Mathieson. Can you all undoubtedly deny that everything the man has said is not correct. The further time goes on the more Mathieson is proven to be right.

He rightfully so rubbished our recruiters, both Hughes and Rogers haven't proven to have done a great deal, especially in comparison to the better AFL clubs.
For me, I completely agree with mathieson and take great comfort in many of the statements regarding the improvement of our administration.

Mathieson had no faith in the previous administration and suggested it was a painful administration at that which I completely agree with. He has faith in what we are doing now and who is in place. Perhaps this guy knows what he's talking about. Tick.

Everything Mathieson and MLG have said is absolutely 100% spot on. Not just that but it's such a different view of things to everything we've experienced in the past. No longer having a desire to go out and get an absolute superstar, willingness to suffer short term pain to achieve our ultimate goal, acceptance we need a multitude of high quality players to succeed. We don't have irrational people out there to sack the coach because we are losing, we actually have rational people with realistic views of where we are and what to expect. It's all music to my ears.

At one stage I felt Mathieson may have been a bit of a nuisance but after looking into what he's been pushing and what his opinions and mode of action appear to be, I'm firmly on his side. Everything he's said is true and right. Everything he's pushed for is for the wellbeing of the club and will see things go forward if those people succeed.

I think we should be glad to have powerful yet rational people in our corner who will force our club to go down the right path. We've had people in charge who have lead the club all over the place, mainly the wrong path in the past and that's got us to where we are now.
How can you credit that to Mathieson? He's been the main knee jerk moron calling for coach sackings in the past

you seem REALLY dark on the club atm Harks. Don't get me wrong, totally understandable, but I don't think I've seen you like this before!

I have my reasons and through the s**t-storm, civility and cohesion may yet prevail...............Just not confident given the current chain of command.

Anyway, the club has said what it had to say and has let the media and public make their mind up what that may yet mean....................it may work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back