Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has already told us the team's poor performance and his eventual sacking was the board's fault.
Did he also admit that:
His outdated gameplan was the board's fault?
His topping up with Tutt, Jones and 'can't see a game we will lose' was the board's fault?

I doubt it. Just providing grist for the mill.

Carlton have problems. Need better direction, need better personnel, need some motivation around the place.

They also need loyal members putting their hands up for the betterment of the club. They need bleaters putting their hand up and seeing what happens on the board and what sort of change they can effect instead of trying to tear the club down from the outside to the point where we lose most of our revenue with no plan to replace it.

Hey, it's all the boards fault. Mick was coaching beautifully and the start to the season was an aberration but the rebuild call made Mick coach badly and the players give up. Wonderful. Well, except for the fact that to defend Mick his supporters said the list was ratshit because of ... well Ratts s**t, and Mick always wanted to rebuild and was doing that. So Mick was rebuilding and cutting players left, right and centre, bringing in top ups and his favourite son, and all was good with the playing group, but when the club acknowledged what Mick was supposedly already doing (read: he wasn't), they all fell in a hole and felt like they weren't valued.

Waite said when he left that Carlton were looking at a rebuild and he didn't think he would be part of that, but somehow this magic word uttered by those encharged with running the place, made the whole house of cards tumble down.

Mick did nothing at Carlton. Not a thing. This vaunted board were so oppressive, Mick could not come up with a viable game plan into his 3rd season.

Yeah, I'm happy to wait for those that don't play for the guernsey to reach their next destinations, wait for someone who did care about the guernsey to make the necessary list changes, wait for a new coach with a less antagonistic mindset and a FIGJAM attitude to put his stamps on things.

Mick speaks well. I imagine that Collingwood were a good club when they won the premiership in 2010 and a poor club when they didn't overturn their succession plan in 2011 and the Pies fans started telling us all how much s**t he was speaking.

Oh but it's about Carlton. We're down, we're depressed, we're so eager to have one man overrule everything else at the club after he is sacked and tell us how bad we are. No vested interest there, no ego stroking going on.

Yeah, the club is at their lowest ebb again. Yeah we do things wrong. Yeah we need to cut some dead wood. But at least it's deadwood who love the club, not like Mick Malthouse who couldn't give two shits about Carlton.

But hey, let's whinge more, come up with no solutions and tear the club down to the ground. I guess when nobody wants to help it anymore for fear of being torn down and given problems, not solutions, the club can die off and some can proudly say ... I told you so.

Holy s**t, forward thinkers needed at the club and in our supporter base. I'm not sure what needs to be done. I'm not privy to every conversation and meeting. I'll reserve waging war on the club until I have all those answers and can put up my hand to change it.

Maybe some tweets out to Tom Elliot to follow through on his challenge. Ask him to bring his Dad's attitude and dust off the old manual.

Holy hell, I've gone on a rant-a-thon. Delete or submit? Meh. Have at it.

Last edited:
I doubt it. Just providing grist for the mill.

Carlton have problems. Need better direction, need better personnel, need some motivation around the place.

They also need loyal members putting their hands up for the betterment of the club. They need bleaters putting their hand up and seeing what happens on the board and what sort of change they can effect instead of trying to tear the club down from the outside to the point where we lose most of our revenue with no plan to replace it.

Hey, it's all the boards fault. Mick was coaching beautifully and the start to the season was an aberration but the rebuild call made Mick coach badly and the players give up. Wonderful. Well, except for the fact that to defend Mick his supporters said the list was ratshit because of ... well Ratts s**t, and Mick always wanted to rebuild and was doing that. So Mick was rebuilding and cutting players left, right and centre, bringing in top ups and his favourite son, and all was good with the playing group, but when the club acknowledged what Mick was supposedly already doing (read: he wasn't), they all fell in a hole and felt like they weren't valued.

Waite said when he left that Carlton were looking at a rebuild and he didn't think he would be part of that, but somehow this magic word uttered by those encharged with running the place, made the whole house of cards tumble down.

Mick did nothing at Carlton. Not a thing. This vaunted board were so oppressive, Mick could not come up with a viable game plan into his 3rd season.

Yeah, I'm happy to wait for those that don't play for the guernsey to reach their next destinations, wait for someone who did care about the guernsey to make the necessary list changes, wait for a new coach with a less antagonistic mindset and a FIGJAM attitude to put his stamps on things.

Mick speaks well. I imagine that Collingwood were a good club when they won the premiership in 2010 and a poor club when they didn't overturn their succession plan in 2011 and the Pies fans started telling us all how much s**t he was speaking.

Oh but it's about Carlton. We're down, we're depressed, we're so eager to have one man overrule everything else at the club after he is sacked and tell us how bad we are. No vested interest there, no ego stroking going on.

Yeah, the club is at their lowest ebb again. Yeah we do things wrong. Yeah we need to cut some dead wood. But at least it's deadwood who love the club, not like Mick Malthouse who couldn't give two shits about Carlton.

But hey, let's whinge more, come up with no solutions and tear the club down to the ground. I guess when nobody wants to help it anymore for fear of being torn down and given problems, not solutions, the club can die off and some can proudly say ... I told you so.

Holy s**t, forward thinkers needed at the club and in our supporter base. I'm not sure what needs to be done. I'm not privy to every conversation and meeting. I'll reserve waging war on the club until I have all those answers and can put up my hand to change it.

Maybe some tweets out to Tom Elliot to follow through on his challenge. Ask him to bring his Dad's attitude and dust off the old manual.

Holy hell, I've gone on a rant-a-thon. Delete or submit? Meh. Have at it.
Wow.

Carlton's list 'one of the worst I've seen'

CARLTON legend David Parkin has declared the Blues’ list as one of the worst he’s ever seen.

Parkin, who started his decorated career with Hawthorn in 1961, said newly appointed coach Brendon Bolton faced an enormous task to rebuild the Blues. 

"That list in profile, in my humble opinion is the worst in the competition now and probably one of the worst I’ve ever seen in my entire association with the game," Parkin told Crocmedia.

You're dead to me Parko...

Everyone wants to be a List Manager :)

What does it say about Melbournes list given we just wiped the floor with them................with up to 10 key players not available.?

Parko playing mind games again.
Obviously wanted the coaching job but wasn't considered...

Mil Hanna just gave a similar backhander on Marngrook.
Terrible drafting and list management over the last 10 yrs. You can't say much more really.
Parko is right, it's a terrible list. 22-25 yr olds with 50-120 games, there are simply no where near enough of them good enough to keep us off the bottom. In BB & SOS I trust, but gee it's going to be a long haul.

Mil Hanna just gave a similar backhander on Marngrook.
Terrible drafting and list management over the last 10 yrs. You can't say much more really.
Parko is right, it's a terrible list. 22-25 yr olds with 50-120 games, there are simply no where near enough of them good enough to keep us off the bottom. In BB & SOS I trust, but gee it's going to be a long haul.

good things come to those who wait

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parko probably shouldn't get involved in such discussions. The list he left behind evolved into the worst in our club's history.

It was on his watch that the likes of Sean Charles, Glen Hawker, Mick McGuane & Stephen O'Reilly were recruited & during this same period the club paid lip service to the National Draft.

It would be interesting to do a comparison between the younger players brought into the club in the latter years of Parko's watch & those currently on our list. Moving forward, I think there is more to work with now than there was when Parko stepped down at the end of 2000.

Has anybody read Emma Quayle's new book about the draft and Clem Smith in particular? it's interesting how Rogers ranked last years draft. My interpretation from it is that he must have had Boekhorst and Rainbow inside his top 10 because he speaks about the lead up to pick 60 and Dean Gore still being available who was at number 11 on his list. Geelong grabbed Gore a couple of selections ahead of ours and we subsequently took Smith at 60 who Rogers ranked at number 20 on his list.

Has anybody read Emma Quayle's new book about the draft and Clem Smith in particular? it's interesting how Rogers ranked last years draft. My interpretation from it is that he must have had Boekhorst and Rainbow inside his top 10 because he speaks about the lead up to pick 60 and Dean Gore still being available who was at number 11 on his list. Geelong grabbed Gore a couple of selections ahead of ours and we subsequently took Smith at 60 who Rogers ranked at number 20 on his list.

It seems to me that clubs ignore certain players who won't make it to their picks and they rank their list according to that. I find it very hard to believe that Rogers had BB and DVR ranked inside the top 10 players in the draft. Just doesn't seem to match any conventional wisdom if they are including every player in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back