Toast Casual Keith does it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Booing can be and is part of the fun of the game. I never boo an opposing team after the game, what is the point? Goddard for his snipe and Chapman deserved it though, and maybe they were just being booed.

NEXT WE WILL BE TOLD WE CAN'T BOO THE UMPIRES. Now, them I have booed after a game, and especially when we win and they deserve it for now their identified bias. (see today's paper).

One noted team's supporters do nothing but boo.... expel the club from the competition for it and then I will stop booing.

Tiresome.

You guys are funny. A code if conduct is just a token gesture written to make parents with young children feel safe enough to go to the football. The FFA has had one for years - doesn't stop people swearing in chants or abusing the refs on soccer.

If you can't appreciate that it's more of a supporter buy-in thing than something they'll actually police, then I can't help you.

As for the match day experience - I have no trouble with the club trying new things, so long as they don't persist with s**t ideas. I do think that they should can them if it's clear we're struggling at halftime though...it just serves to irritate people.

You guys are funny. A code if conduct is just a token gesture written to make parents with young children feel safe enough to go to the football. The FFA has had one for years - doesn't stop people swearing in chants or abusing the refs on soccer.

If you can't appreciate that it's more of a supporter buy-in thing than something they'll actually police, then I can't help you.

As for the match day experience - I have no trouble with the club trying new things, so long as they don't persist with s**t ideas. I do think that they should can them if it's clear we're struggling at halftime though...it just serves to irritate people.

Needs more hysteria.

what real PAFC supporter throws out beer?

I think it was a crows supporter.......... "eeeeeeewww, this is not Chardonnay"
...........and whilst throwing it out, accidentally hit someone

Players are off limits to physical abuse. Throwing beer on a player was physical abuse whether it hurt the player or not. That is legal and it is our club's responsibility plus the AFL to make a player's environment as safe as possible. That's how it works today.

On a human level the player has no avenue to a comeback without suffering ramifications. It is a gutless thing for any supporter to do.

Anyhow, the club has put itself in a position to make responses due to the saintly views that Koch has been vocal about. Personally KT should have left it at a short and sharp message about the beer thrower and about the consequence that was given and not gone into linking the behaviour code and mentioning booing the opposition.

Apart from the crows I only see fit to boo the group of umpires for a poorly officiated game, the opposition team should be left alone once the siren blows (given that there is no spite between the teams after the final siren, of course). However, there is an exception, Keith and the club cannot expect Port supporters to not make the crows experience as hellish as possible from the beginning and until they are out of view even after the siren, given the attitude that they and this state has had against Port.

Thus, let the booing ride.

Physical and personal abuse should be off the table. Booing(of the entire cows team) and selected players(such as Paul Chapman) comes under a different umbrella and I would not be against anyone if that was their choice. The low act which is reserved for cow supporters is booing of an injured player. I would not even boo one of theirs'. A respectful bit of hand-clapping should accompany any injured player off.

Seven pages so far on a no brainer aspect. The so called supporter code of conduct would be a standard aspect for all club these days I would guess. Covers them from any flack and perhaps legal come back. Simply gives the club the right to act if someone is being a total toss bag is the way I see it.

Have a look at the legal system and you will see the same thing. If the cops arrested everyone one for every little law on the books we would have prisons bursting at the seems. Same goes with the footy, if our club was to act on all so called breaking of the conduct, half the crowd would be ejected.

No, not really, because I am not preparing a speech, I am reacting in the moment.

I don't give two shits if kids hear swearing, there's a lot worse in the world than letting slips the campaigners of war at the footy when you're in the moment.

It has always been a family destination, and it has always been an environment in which people swear and get agitated.

How many parents on this board swear at the footy? More than 50% I'll bet. And thats parents!

Its a ridiculous standard for the sake of puritans that exist in tiny numbers and who add nothing to the atmosphere at the game. Foxtel exists precisely for such people, as do the Adelaide Crows and knitting patterns.

You sound so sweet (slightly pessimistic) on the podcasts. Now I'm picturing Kathy Bates from 'Misery.'

kathy-bates-misery1.jpg

It is saying you cant express any emotion or language that isnt on Play School.

"Let's see what campaginers behind the teal door. Look it's a tall f*^*er with a big beard who can't kick straight."

Only joking! I like the Hoff.

lol Official Support Groups have ratified something. That carries about as much weight as an ant-sized ghost, and is on the same level as listening to Facebook supporters, or a flag planted at the club by a `fan' supporting Choco.

Anyone code that tries to tell me I can't say `For ****'s sake Westhoff' at the footy is a bullshit code.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nothing wrong with booing, been happening forever, but throwing s**t at opposition players when they are leaving the ground is pathetic
So is bringing the entire game into disrepute because your too s**t without performance enhancing drugs. Those dipshits deserve whatever they get.

Rumour has it those peptides can remain effective for up to 24 months. Therefore they are still cheating as we speak. Respect needs to be shown to opposition teams, but not that team.

So is bringing the entire game into disrepute because your too s**t without performance enhancing drugs. Those dipshits deserve whatever they get.

Rumour has it those peptides can remain effective for up to 24 months. Therefore they are still cheating as we speak. Respect needs to be shown to opposition teams, but not that team.

Your quoting my post...I wrote opposition players, not Essendon players

I'd like to see the AFL themed rounds have a Yobo round. Allowed to bring in grog, smoke like trains and no swearing limit. Richmond would have to have a home game at the MCG for their "grog squad" to fully participate and set the standard.

That would give us all an indication of where that line is.

I'd like to see the AFL themed rounds have a Yobo round. Allowed to bring in grog, smoke like trains and no swearing limit. Richmond would have to have a home game at the MCG for their "grog squad" to fully participate and set the standard.

Our yobbo round would of course be played at Alberton against the cows. The only thing to be banned is knitting needles, i still treasure my eyeballs.

AKA You're Only Bogan Once.

yep a yob round and a w***er round, come on pal what are ya?

This is from today's Advertiser. I know we aren't allowed to scan papers and post them, but hopefully someone can type this out and post it and then i'll delete my scanned article. Can't find the digital article on AdelaideNow Advertiser. Well done Keith, the PAFC and Rucci... leaders in football in S.A. Maybe the Crows can take a few pages out of the PAFC book of excellence.

img012.jpg

Last edited:
This is from today's Advertiser. I know we aren't allowed to scan papers and post them, but hopefully someone can type this out and post it and then i'll delete my scanned article. Can't find the digital article on AdelaideNow Advertiser. Well done Keith, the PAFC and Rucci... leaders in football in S.A. Maybe the Crows can take a few pages out of the PAFC book of excellence.

img012.jpg
KT is continually making them look bad isn't he.

At a club function a few months ago KT made his feelings well and truly known about the Crows decision to cover-up the Geof Motley race during their home games. Made him, and others at the club, real mad. Geof was a sanfl legend, not "just" a Port legend. Not long afterwards he mentioned that the 19th man guernsey was taken down from the Intercontinental hotel.

Complete co-incidence???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back