Toast Casual Keith does it again

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep pretty much. I hardly swear at the footy but enough to pinged under this code. If someone is going to try and shut down that mild expression **** that.

It's an aspirational token gesture. Like the SANFL saying that the Magpies can't 'rest players' despite the fact that we've been resting players all year. It doesn't mean you're gonna get kicked out of the footy for a few F-bombs. Just don't act like a total ****wit and you'll be fine.

It's an aspirational token gesture. Like the SANFL saying that the Magpies can't 'rest players' despite the fact that we've been resting players all year. It doesn't mean you're gonna get kicked out of the footy for a few F-bombs. Just don't act like a total ****wit and you'll be fine.

Spot on.

But you need to be hysterical for a while before you work that out. I mean you've just been stripped of your human rights because someone said don't be a campaigner at the footy.

Yeah not spot on, because all it takes is one official to go too far and * everything up with a stupid call.

What, umpires are barely competent, but we want to show absolute faith in SMA stooges to enforce the spirit of the law and not the word?

Yeah not spot on, because all it takes is one official to go too far and **** everything up with a stupid call.

What, umpires are barely competent, but we want to show absolute faith in SMA stooges to enforce the spirit of the law and not the word?

No it was spot on. Swearing and abuse are two different things. If you haven't ever been turfed from the footy in the past I wouldn't think you have too much to worry about in the future.

Now go and find something else to whinge about.

No it was spot on. Swearing and abuse are two different things.
The same as the difference between "foul" and "abusive" language? Both banned by the Official Supporters Club ratified code.

If you haven't ever been turfed from the footy in the past I wouldn't think you have too much to worry about in the future.
Apparently I do or this code wouldn't have been created. Isn't the whole point of Keith's post that the standards imposed will be more and more all encompassing?

Does anyone seriously think we would have booed any other opposition team off? It was Essendon, they are going to be booed for the rest of history regardless of results. * them.

Booing during the game is part of the theatre of football.
I don't do it myself (unless I'm really tanked) but don't have an issue with others doing it.

Regarding swearing, I got chastised by a woman sitting in the seat in front of me at one game. I noticed she had scrunched up tissues in her ears so I made a snide comment. She proceeded to let me have it about my language. I laughed at her and said, "You're at the football, what do you expect?" so she got up and moved elsewhere.

Funny thing was I couldn't actually recall swearing at all prior to her giving me a telling off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

anyway, if you cant call a campaigner a campaigner who can you call a campaigner?

sounds like a TISM song - I might be a campaigner but Im not a *en campaigner.

i love KT but i dont agree with his last message
YES absolutely disagree with some muppet chucking a beer on a player. Thats just stupid

But being hostile and booing opposition? its been happening in footy for a century

What should we do.. clap the opposition teams when they run out, kick goals, and when they leave?

I totally agree with not being a total ******* at the footy but geez do we want to sanitise it so much that you will hear more swearing and booing at the theatre?

I swear at the footy at times.. and i dont give a s**t. I swore a bit on Saturday night.. .why?? because i was ******* frustrated at how s**t we were playing.

i cant make myself say "oh bother we arent very good today. i hope we play better in the next quarter"
i will instinctively say "for *s sake we are ******* useless. get your ******* act together"

im sorry KT. Im passionate and while im never a campaigner to opposition supporters (unless they start first), i wear my heart on my sleeve when i go to the footy and thats never gonna change

I think you can boo opposition team sas much as you like during the game, but there's no need to boo them OFF the oval, especially after we have won (or a loss actually). Have some class.

Gotta be a good winner and a good loser.

Nothing wrong with a bit of swearing just don't go overboard.

My 2c.

I personally have no problem with what Casual Keith is saying.

I have been cringing at the booing its so lame. It seems to have ramped up. It used to be saved up for a particularly s**t umpiring decision and when we would continually kick backwards (both acceptable times to boo imo)

I have noticed with the increased crowds (maybe bandwagoners who don't know how to just be normal (wide ranging definition i know) but they also seem to be the same ones who are just getting pissed and talking about their crappy weekend through the game. but i guess with bigger crowds the dickheads are going to increase.

And no Portia no-one is going to get offended by a for *sake Westhoff or Pittard or Cornes or (insert half a dozen players names here). Certainly not me

Question though - was the booing for Essendon players or our own?

i might barrack for (the) power but never for the crows.......
ah forgot about that line. but they do use Port Power instead of the power.

330535-mcmurphy_super.jpg

I'm here to cooperate with you a hundred percent. A hundred percent. I'll be just right down the line with ya'. You watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back