Toast Celebrating 150 years

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't listened to the whole episode yet, but I just listened to the cold open of the latest Unpluggered episode, which is about the Saints' 150th. It's a collage of great moments in the club's history and it gave me goosebumps. Worth a listen, and I'm sure the whole ep will be great (I'm a big fan of Unpluggered).

I haven't listened to the whole episode yet, but I just listened to the cold open of the latest Unpluggered episode, which is about the Saints' 150th. It's a collage of great moments in the club's history and it gave me goosebumps. Worth a listen, and I'm sure the whole ep will be great (I'm a big fan of Unpluggered).

Yep gave me chills.

Club has released a dedicated website on the history of the club, and it's amazing.

Bloody hell I'm only three minutes in and already balling my eyes out

Is there video for this? They seem to be talking a lot about the visuals they are showing...

Club has released a dedicated website on the history of the club, and it's amazing.

This is fantastic
What a flood of memories, good and bad

Tips hat to club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s very smart marketing !
It's wierd though. I put my name in it comes up with
Thank you for all your unwavering dedication to St Kilda Football Club over the past 13 years. It’s a privilege to have you standing alongside us in red, white and black as we celebrate 150 years.
I put my brother in and
Thank you for being part of the red, white and black in 2023. It’s an honour to have you with us as we celebrate 150 years of St Kilda Football Club.

Last edited:
Might need to put your glasses on, boomer. That's the Calacatta marble :cool:

It's a beauty isn't it. Your chode could fit in the stubby holder, too. Great value for money.

Sorry zoomer you bench top is not callacata, that’s white with pale grey veining. Yours is one of those composite “stones” that are giving everyone silicosis….that or laminate faux stone that peasants lick their slop off.

Sorry zoomer you bench top is not callacata, that’s white with pale grey veining. Yours is one of those composite “stones” that are giving everyone silicosis….that or laminate faux stone that peasants lick their slop off.
Triggering boomers is like shelling peas :cool:

Knew from the start that a kitchen bench top would get the old folks home up in arms. It's just too easy sometimes 😎😎

Thanks for starting this thread sammm. Was going to post in the game thread but didn't want to interrupt that rip roaring erection fest (what a thread!)

It's been an unexpectedly emotional week... The Unpluggered boys got me reminiscing about a life as a Saint that began for me at VFL Park in 1980 (a draw v the eventual Premiers).

I remember waiting for Dad to get home from his Saturday morning job, working in a local electronics store. A photo is around somewhere of me in my very first St Kilda jumper (probably a cheapo version from Venture or Target), with a homemade 'flogger' of RWB streamers that Mum had made. Dad was a diehard Saint, born in East St Kilda in a household of Richmond supporters... his sister & he going against the grain as they ventured to the Junction to watch the 1950's Saints led by Alan Killigrew. He was there in 66 as a young man...a mint condition Footy Record from that magical day is one of my treasured possessions.

The tears began to flow yesterday while listening to the Unpluggered Lethlean & 150 anniversary episodes (congratulations to Darren, Nick & H for their wonderful tributes to our club). So many memories, both sweet & painful.

I think it really got to me because of the connection that Dad & I had was so deeply entrenched in our shared love of the club. We lost him in 1994 very unexpectedly... he was only 45. Our last game we saw together was Plugger's last game at StK, v the Pies at Waverley.

I think I'll be a bit of a mess on Saturday night... thinking about those long gone days as a young fella, walking along Horsmunden Rd, holding dad's hand as the noise of the ground grew louder the closer we got. They were absolutely magic days... Barks, Plugger, Spud, Banga & Cuz... the mud & the occasional win that made the grandstand shake.

Opposition supporters don't get it & never will. Our club is special in a way that is very difficult to describe... only we can appreciate it.

Love it, hate it, can't live without it.

St.Kilda Forever

Thanks for starting this thread sammm. Was going to post in the game thread but didn't want to interrupt that rip roaring erection fest (what a thread!)

It's been an unexpectedly emotional week... The Unpluggered boys got me reminiscing about a life as a Saint that began for me at VFL Park in 1980 (a draw v the eventual Premiers).

I remember waiting for Dad to get home from his Saturday morning job, working in a local electronics store. A photo is around somewhere of me in my very first St Kilda jumper (probably a cheapo version from Venture or Target), with a homemade 'flogger' of RWB streamers that Mum had made. Dad was a diehard Saint, born in East St Kilda in a household of Richmond supporters... his sister & he going against the grain as they ventured to the Junction to watch the 1950's Saints led by Alan Killigrew. He was there in 66 as a young man...a mint condition Footy Record from that magical day is one of my treasured possessions.

The tears began to flow yesterday while listening to the Unpluggered Lethlean & 150 anniversary episodes (congratulations to Darren, Nick & H for their wonderful tributes to our club). So many memories, both sweet & painful.

I think it really got to me because of the connection that Dad & I had was so deeply entrenched in our shared love of the club. We lost him in 1994 very unexpectedly... he was only 45. Our last game we saw together was Plugger's last game at StK, v the Pies at Waverley.

I think I'll be a bit of a mess on Saturday night... thinking about those long gone days as a young fella, walking along Horsmunden Rd, holding dad's hand as the noise of the ground grew louder the closer we got. They were absolutely magic days... Barks, Plugger, Spud, Banga & Cuz... the mud & the occasional win that made the grandstand shake.

Opposition supporters don't get it & never will. Our club is special in a way that is very difficult to describe... only we can appreciate it.

Love it, hate it, can't live without it.

St.Kilda Forever

Hopefully they put on a fitting performance for your dad and all the fans who have stood resolute through the tough times. Now is a fitting time to give us some hope going into a new era.

Im hoping my stuffs at the post office!

Great News Lol GIF by NBC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back