Census will allow Australians to identify as 'other' for both sex and gender

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the author a journo or a sensationalist columnist?

Interesting thoughts on the topic from the lead psychiatrist at John Hopkins University:

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/mic...atrist-transgender-mental-disorder-sex-change

Main points:

-they've stopped performing re-assignment surgeries
-70-80% of children that had transgender feelings spontaneously lost them over time
-suicide rate for post-op transsexuals is 20 times higher than normal
It's always interesting how progressives choose to ignore the science when it goes against their political beliefs. Just like climate change deniers and creationists. Except the latter groups rarely assert that they are on the side of science.

It's always interesting how progressives choose to ignore the science when it goes against their political beliefs. Just like climate change deniers and creationists. Except the latter groups rarely assert that they are on the side of science.
Barry_Badrinath

Did either of you find the study that they were referring to?

Also, change the topic in that article from trans-gender to homosexual... and you can find similar articles.

"Homosexuality is a disease that can be cured".

Used to be listed as a mental illness that required lots of expensive psychiatric help to be cured of...

suicide rate for post-op transsexuals is 20 times higher than normal

That could be due to introducing hormones like estrogen into a male system trying to rid itself of testosterone instead of a simple case of 'buyer's remorse' though. Links have been found between hormone replacement therapy in post-menopausal women and depression/suicide, for instance;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26451506

not to mention other kinds of hormone therapy;

http://www.entirelyamelia.com/2014/07/15/dark-side-messing-bodys-hormones/

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/hormone-therapy-not-lightly-doc-article-1.1844078

Barry_Badrinath

Did either of you find the study that they were referring to?
Yes. You can too if you use Google.

Also, change the topic in that article from trans-gender to homosexual... and you can find similar articles.

"Homosexuality is a disease that can be cured".

Used to be listed as a mental illness that required lots of expensive psychiatric help to be cured of...
Everyone wants their personal identity categorised as a kind of immutable property they inherited from birth. Is transgenderism the same as homosexuality?

That could be due to introducing hormones like estrogen into a male system trying to rid itself of testosterone instead of a simple case of 'buyer's remorse' though. Links have been found between hormone replacement therapy in post-menopausal women and depression/suicide, for instance;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26451506

not to mention other kinds of hormone therapy;

http://www.entirelyamelia.com/2014/07/15/dark-side-messing-bodys-hormones/

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/hormone-therapy-not-lightly-doc-article-1.1844078
So sociology doesn't trump biology. Good to know.

What are we if not a bunch chemical bags walking around? Or are you asserting some kind of mind-body dualism?

Before we tell impressionable young people that they can change their sex at whim, maybe a precautionary principle around interfering with the body's chemical and physiological processes should be applied. Apparently this woman is a 'Frankston bogan':

Cella White says her 14-year-old son was told he could wear a dress to school and that male-born students who identified as female could use the girls’ change rooms and toilets.

It's all fun and games until a male-born person that identifies as a female sexually assaults a female-born person in women's toilets.

So sociology doesn't trump biology. Good to know.

What are we if not a bunch chemical bags walking around?

Dunno. What are your views on hormone replacement therapies for menopausal women? Or, to expand it further, every single synthetic medicine known to medical science? They all cheat nature. They all cheat biology. Pesticides cheat nature. Everything humanity has achieved that alters the natural world 'cheats' it in some way.

Or are you asserting some kind of mind-body dualism?

I'm not so sure of the mind and body being distinct from each other, as without the mind (let alone a brain) the body doesn't do s**t. It's true that the mind steers the body in a physical sense. Its also true that in most individuals the mind also clads the body to complement its own inner workings - if the mind is female-oriented but the exterior is male, it makes sense that the mind will alter the body to best suit itself.

Before we tell impressionable young people that they can change their sex at whim, maybe a precautionary principle around interfering with the body's chemical and physiological processes should be applied.

Actually I agree with you here. Highlighting the possible negatives MUST be a part of the educative process.

It's all fun and games until a male-born person that identifies as a female sexually assaults a female-born person in women's toilets.

I suppose there's nothing stopping a male concealing himself in a closed stall to ambush an unwary woman either though, unfortunately.

Yes. You can too if you use Google.
Let's say google is down for just me, today.
Can you help me out and link to where you read the full report?

Everyone wants their personal identity categorised as a kind of immutable property they inherited from birth. Is transgenderism the same as homosexuality?
Is transgenderism a choice?
Before we tell impressionable young people that they can change their sex at whim, maybe a precautionary principle around interfering with the body's chemical and physiological processes should be applied. Apparently this woman is a 'Frankston bogan':
Fear mongering.
Who is doing that?

Who is telling "impressionable young people that they can change their sex at a whim"???????

Like it's contagious?

Again, same argument was used against homosexuality...
Can't let gay's be teachers.
Don't want that around impressionable young minds...

No someone stands over them with a shotgun and forces men in to high heels.

May as well ask is paedophilia a choice.
Oh, there it is. Bringing paedophilia into the conversation.

Paedophilia and beastiality.

I'm sure there is another one. Can you remind me, Meds? I know you will have used it before.

I suppose there's nothing stopping a male concealing himself in a closed stall to ambush an unwary woman either though, unfortunately.

Agreed, apparently a little dress symbol on a door is all that's stopping predators from acting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, there it is. Bringing paedophilia into the conversation.

It's EXACTLY the same argument, they have uncontrollable urges and thus no choice. Or so the argument goes. It cuts no ice.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot then whinge when people point out the obvious flaws in your argument.

It's EXACTLY the same argument, they have uncontrollable urges and thus no choice. Or so the argument goes. It cuts no ice.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot then whinge when people point out the obvious flaws in your argument.
Yeah... always comes back to the ability of a consenting adult...

I'd tell you not to shoot yourself in the foot, but from what I've seen... you'd miss anyway.

Yeah... always comes back to the ability of a consenting adult...

Bollocks. Why isn't every bloke and their dog arguing to legalise polygamy on the marriage "equality" thread then? The same holds for IR, why cant two consenting adults sign a contract without government interference?

Its the usual SJW hypocrisy.

Bollocks. Why isn't every bloke and their dog arguing to legalise polygamy on the marriage "equality" thread then? The same holds for IR, why cant two consenting adults sign a contract without government interference?

Its the usual SJW hypocrisy.
Usual baseless drivel from you.

Who is arguing against polygamy, or comparing it to paedophilia or beastiality?

I'm not gonna let you take this thread any further off topic. If you actually want to argue about polygamy et al, I'll see you in the gay marriage thread.

Agreed, apparently a little dress symbol on a door is all that's stopping predators from acting...
In which prison, male or female, should this person be placed?

A transgender woman, convicted of carrying out a rape when she was a man, has been remanded to a male prison.

The decision to send Davina Ayrton, who changed her name from David three years ago, to Winchester jail comes amid a Ministry of Justice (MoJ) review over where to place transgender prisoners for their own and other inmates’ safety.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...l-before-transition-male-prison-davina-ayrton

I'm not gonna let you take this thread any further off topic

Lol, so your consenting adult argument ran in to a brick wall and now you are having a tanty and thinking you can tell others what to do despite offering nothing but the usual Arts undergrad try hard nonsense to the thread.

The same goes for the census itself. I have never filled one in and refuse to. I cant see why anyone would.

Lol, so your consenting adult argument ran in to a brick wall and now you are having a tanty and thinking you can tell others what to do despite offering nothing but the usual Arts undergrad try hard nonsense to the thread.

The same goes for the census itself. I have never filled one in and refuse to. I cant see why anyone would.
His argument is perfectly logical. As usual, you resort to childish insults when challenged on your one dimensional arguments. Maybe if you possessed even half the reasoning skills of an entry level arts student you would be able understand the arguments of others. Then again, you seem more intent on maintaining some kind of false sense of moral and intellectual superiority over others than actually listening to what they say.

Nope, just replied to you in the proper thread. Feel free to jump over there if you actually want to talk about it.

And I still don't understand your hate of Art grads... What did Boris Johnson do to upset you so much???

Anyway. Here is a link to the thread, if you can't see it from your high horse.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/marriage-equality-debate.1091155/page-166#post-42931608

Hard to say, outside the construction of a transgender prison, there isn't an obvious scenario. My read is it's a mental health case and should be locked up in a psychiatric hospital.
Male or female psychiatric hospital?

There have been a number of cases of male-to-female transgender criminals in the UK being locked up in male prisons (see the Guardian link I posted). Some of whom have been quite violent. They committed suicide, and the push has been to allow them to stay in female only prisons. But how is that fair on the female population of those prisons?

Or is it that all transgender criminals are mental health cases? If so, why can't we say that about the broader transgender people in society?

The only argument against saying so is that in the medical profession once saw homosexuality as a mental disorder that was curable. But by equating the two as alike you are only engaging in false equivalence.

You can't legally have sex with a child. Even if the child agrees to. Want to know why? There's a 'power' dynamic at play, for one. A child can be talked into almost anything by a manipulative adult. A child's reasoning cannot hope to match that of an adult.

There's the physical aspect. Without going into too much detail a child's body is in no way ready to accommodate an adult. Damage, REAL physical damage will occur.

The psychological aspect - the most damaging one of all. Sex changes your way of thinking and how you relate to others around you. Exposure to sex before exposure to puberty introduces a flurry of things to a child's mind that they cannot be expected to cope with. Thoughts. Feelings. Trust. The child can never see adults in the same light again. The child's relationships with other children is destroyed too.

I could go on but for f*ck's sake meds, you SHOULDN'T have to have this stuff spelled out for you as to why paedophilia isn't even in the same universe of sexual contact as those other forms you seek to connect it with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back