Opinion Changes for Showdown

Remove this Banner Ad

In: Young, Logan Redden
Out: Gray :(, Cassisi ("rest"), Westhoff.

Keen to see Moore, Newton, Banner getting game time soon.

For those crying for Thomas, Rodan, Salopek no thanks.

In b4 Favour1tism youth policy Sack Primus FTW!!!

I thought Butcher was quite good. The delivery to him was atrocious, he won or neutralized more contests than he had any right to win or neutralize.

Will be better for the run two weeks off a hamstring too. Look how raw Robbie was against the Swans.

Salopek could and should be our Heath Scotland. He's capable of it.

Never thought I'd be saying that 10 years ago.

Out: Gray, Broadbent, Westoff
In: Thomas, Phillips, Ebert

I can't believe so many calls to drop D.Stewart. He has the best hands of the 4 tall forwards and is the best option to support Renouf. I would even play him at full forward for a few weeks.

Primus just needs to adopt a more offensive game plan and encourage his players to kick to a contest in the forward 50 instead of draging Westoff or Stewart and Pearce as extra men in defence. We fell in to Buckley's hands and allowed O'Brien to find form by leaving him free.

Jacobs showed good improvement and I would like to see him, Wingard and Hartlett play more as on ballers rather than defenders.

Primus and the coaching group have been very disappointing thus far.

Salopek could and should be our Heath Scotland. He's capable of it.

Never thought I'd be saying that 10 years ago.

I think Heath sorry Salopek has lost his legs. I and Porthos have covered all this already.

This is no disrespect to Sal I have appreciated him as a club man but he isn't going any further development wise

I think Heath sorry Salopek has lost his legs. I and Porthos have covered all this already.

This is no disrespect to Sal I have appreciated him as a club man but he isn't going any further development wise

You've covered nothing, Moneyball.

Sometimes it's better to be good than young.

Didn't we talk Salopek last week?

We need midfielders rotating forward with some pace, does Salopek fill that spot? Don't think so Young does, Jacobs can too with Logsn to fill his spot in defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wingard to be named for a whole game, his hardness would be a plus. besides, he doesn't suit that bloody awful vest at all.

I wouldn't mind seeing 2 full time ruck men for the first time this year.

I think with Salopek we have to reward his performances at SANFL level after his consistent good play to start the year otherwise we risk again fracturing the group if the older players know no matter what they do they won't get selected.

Hitchcock has also slotted back into the SANFL and kicked goals, say what you will about him but he at least kicks straight and finds the goals.

I think with Salopek we have to reward his performances at SANFL level after his consistent good play to start the year otherwise we risk again fracturing the group if the older players know no matter what they do they won't get selected.

Hitchcock has also slotted back into the SANFL and kicked goals, say what you will about him but he at least kicks straight and finds the goals.

How are we going to fracture the group with youth selection?

Which youth do you want him to replace him with wingard? I don't think so. Jacobs, is doing enough. There is Broadbent how has been ok but not great. Hartlett? I don't think so either. At the moment our team isn't that young.

So we drop Broady for Salopek when Youngs form has been as good if not a little bit better? Young has more pace, appears to kick more goals. But yes he is being consistent and needs to be rewarded. But I'm not sure who for.

OUT: Gray, Butcher (maybe), Broadbent

Dunno who is in form in the SANFL, ceebs checking. :D

Out: Gray, Westhoff

In: Young, Redden(two ruckman will be better as we can rest one forward)

if logan is fit enough i want him to play the mahoney role, which now is more necessary than ever.

can crumb, is desperate at ground level, and most importantly can assign him to curb the most dangerous user from their back half.

redden for stewert. run 2 proper rucks and when redden goes forward is also very good when the ball is at ground level.

young. covers ground and tackles. great form at the moment.

out. gray, broadbent, d.stew.

if logan is fit enough i want him to play the mahoney role, which now is more necessary than ever.

can crumb, is desperate at ground level, and most importantly can assign him to curb the most dangerous user from their back half.
That is quite a good idea IMO.

Logan in the Mahoney role (or, Surjan in last year's Showdown win) and we still have Surjan down back. Bonus!

That is the kind of role that can win games for you, and the nous we are yet to see from this coaching box.

That is quite a good idea IMO.

Logan in the Mahoney role (or, Surjan in last year's Showdown win) and we still have Surjan down back. Bonus!

That is the kind of role that can win games for you, and the nous we are yet to see from this coaching box.
I would think Logan and Surjan play on Callinan and Porplyzia moving Jacobs further up the field. I'd also be inclined to rotate salopek and brad ebert through a combo midfield/resting forward role. we know sala is capable of kicking goals and ebert is proving his worth as the season progresses

if we're going to persist with ben jacobs, it makes more sense to play him further up the ground as he's a liability inside the defensive 50. to me, he's more a ball getter than a defender. the stronger our midfield, the better it should be for the defenders and forwards

geez...not much love here is there?

I reckon all you knockers of Dom clearly didn't watch his last half against the Swans. I'd personally like to see him in the forward line now and again.
He certainly wasn't the worst on Saturday.

Didn't mind Wingard being the sub this week but should have been brought on earlier. He's a game changer. So is Butcher BTW. Why would you send him back to the SANFL after one average game?

OUT: Gray, Jacobs, D.Stewart

IN: Young, Rodan, Redden

If Gray is out for the year...can we upgrade Jonas? At this stage, I think he would provide a more competitive option than Jacobs.

Haha Jacobs finally shows some toughness and had his best game for the club! I want Redden and Renouf to play but it would be harsh to drop D Stew and Westy looks good on wing/loose man back. Gray for Rodan I can see being the only change

Remove this Banner Ad

Back