Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Magpie Girl has already popped in regarding the banter thread, but she is looking for a North person as a guest on the Collingwood board's podcast.

They're recording on Thursday, so if you're willing to throw your hat into the ring and need more info, send a PM her way.

Get Brad to call his old boss.

Show him around the inside of the North coaches box on game day. ;)

Would be worth it for the media reaction alone

Hey guys,

Magpie Girl has already popped in regarding the banter thread, but she is looking for a North person as a guest on the Collingwood board's podcast.

They're recording on Thursday, so if you're willing to throw your hat into the ring and need more info, send a PM her way.
If we're nominating people, btron, spitta2azza are fine choices.

Macmillan one of our best??? every time he got it butchered it. and his goal kicking was disgraceful
Watch it again mate. He was far better than you give him credit for. the two goal misses were s**t, but his whole game was pretty darn good.

If not pissed just mentally unstable.
Exactly why Daw needs to come in.

How dare you?

You question my mental stability then suggest I'm an ice addict not to mention I shouldn't be allowed to post on here.

And you expect we can carry on like normal the next day. Can tell you, this conversation would've ended differently in real life. Not saying I know the ending but s**t it wouldn't have been through my lack of trying.

My only regret is a poster I didn't mind got himself involved, now I didn't abuse him at all because I quite liked him.

If you're going to suggest Goldy should be dropped on one bad game yeah you shouldn't post. Only someone who has some serious problems or knows nothing about football would suggest such a thing.

Go an take a prozac or something because it won't be the last time someone disagrees with you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I tend to agree, even though he kicked 5 goals in the magoo's.

Not many ruckman can play forward and have that impact often. If he starts kicking goals every week then we'd reassess but Majak has been the better forward/ruck option over the last few weeks.

Currie needs to play as a ruckman that can go forward, that's not what we're looking for.

Not many ruckman can play forward and have that impact often. If he starts kicking goals every week then we'd reassess but Majak has been the better forward/ruck option over the last few weeks.

Currie needs to play as a ruckman that can go forward, that's not what we're looking for.
Couldn't agree more. Currie has been tried as a forward in the past and it was a complete flop.

B: Michael Firrito, Scott Thompson, Lachlan Hansen

HB: Ben Jacobs, Robert Tarrant, Sam Wright

C: Sam Gibson, Ben Cunnington, Jamie Macmillan

HF: Lindsay Thomas, Drew Petrie, Shaun Higgins

F: Robbie Nahas, Majak Daw, Mason Wood

R: Todd Goldstein, Jack Zeiball, Brent Harvey

I/C: Ryan Bastinac, Aaron Mullett, Trent Dumont
Sub: Luke McDonald

I have left out Jarrad Waite because i feel Scotty won't risk serious injury so i have replaced him with Majak Daw (its time), i have also taken out Atley as his performances aren't up to par so he will need to gain form in the VFL, I have Mullett as his replacement if fit (his explosive pace, his instinct, and his deep left foot kick would all be so damaging on the fast MCG ground). I also have moved Wood to the forward pocket (his talents would fit better in that position and he may bag a few goals). And also McDonald as a sub who should be able to provide a strong physical presence late in the game (if were it not for injuries i wouldnt have him in there)

The two genuine ruckman tactic is cooked. Currie would have to be taking loads of marks, leading and chasing like a forward to be played there. Comfortable on the list as a genuine back up.

B: Michael Firrito, Scott Thompson, Lachlan Hansen

HB: Ben Jacobs, Robert Tarrant, Sam Wright

C: Sam Gibson, Ben Cunnington, Jamie Macmillan

HF: Lindsay Thomas, Drew Petrie, Shaun Higgins

F: Robbie Nahas, Majak Daw, Mason Wood

R: Todd Goldstein, Jack Zeiball, Brent Harvey

I/C: Ryan Bastinac, Aaron Mullett, Trent Dumont
Sub: Luke McDonald

I have left out Jarrad Waite because i feel Scotty won't risk serious injury so i have replaced him with Majak Daw (its time), i have also taken out Atley as his performances aren't up to par so he will need to gain form in the VFL, I have Mullett as his replacement if fit (his explosive pace, his instinct, and his deep left foot kick would all be so damaging on the fast MCG ground). I also have moved Wood to the forward pocket (his talents would fit better in that position and he may bag a few goals). And also McDonald as a sub who should be able to provide a strong physical presence late in the game (if were it not for injuries i wouldnt have him in there)
Fair enough.

Certainly no one can criticise you for a lack of reasoning to support your suggestions.

All in all not the worst fourth post I've ever seen.

If Swallow can't get up then Dumont MUST get a full game, midfield is the Pies greatest strength.

Brown/ Majak must come in, I'd play both if Waite is underdone.

Like the idea of Mullet as sub too, desperate for some outside run, feel he won't be ready for a full game.

And bring some aggression and attitude!! Biff too if that's what it takes. We cannot lose this game.

Watch it again mate. He was far better than you give him credit for. the two goal misses were s**t, but his whole game was pretty darn good.

you can't seriously be advocating someone to do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back