Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm worried now Petty is gonna be one of those always injured blokes.
He's had a pretty crap year but apart from that has been okay. Or do you think his foot is totally ****ed now?

He's had a pretty crap year but apart from that has been okay. Or do you think his foot is totally ****ed now?
He's missed with foot injuries twice in one year and he's a pretty tall fella. He's been awesome forward I'm just not sure he's gonna get many full seasons together

No idea why Grundy was picked. Horrendous at ground level. Yeah, he's ok for a ruck. But compared to Joel Smith the lack of defensive pressure is concerning. Especially with the likes of Newman, Saad and Docherty streaming out of defence.

Agreed. Smith is a much better option considering the requirements of the role.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Assume the plan is Grundy plays crap for a half and we sub him off for pig in the 3rd who goes back while Smith goes forward
If he shows up with the attitude he's been playing with in the VFL you can guarantee it

It's gonna be cold and wet. Literally the worst conditions to try a ruckman at FF! Exactly the same thing he did with Brown in the wet (against Port I think). Why the hell wouldn't he go with a small F50 with Smith instead of Grundy? Disaster written all over it. Won't be surprised if he's subbed off early in the 3rd quarter.

I'm worried now Petty is gonna be one of those always injured blokes.

Shrek Film Wedding GIF by PeacockTV

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After 5 hit outs to Carlton's advantage and dropping a few marks and giving away a few free kicks, Grundy subbed off and replaced by Schache, at quarter time.

Which means expect to Max to be playing forward a fair bit too, holding his hand in the air and our mids bombing it on his head again.

Sad times. :(

All i got from his presser was picking Grundy is a "hail mary" . Also the people asking the Questions are idiots .

0:55 mate, "there is clearly going to be times when hes forward of the ball and there is clearly going to be some time when hes in the ruck"

Goody sounded like he was saying that Grundy will be rucking a fair bit, not just playing forward. :(
I'm really hoping he's just saying Grundy will go into the ruck as the chop out like JVR recently, also not outright stating our plans for the game in a press conference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back