Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really hoping he's just saying Grundy will go into the ruck as the chop out like JVR recently, also not outright stating our plans for the game in a press conference.

Yes, I hope so too, but not the vibe his answer gave off to me. Talking about how "we like the combination" etc... that would seem to imply Max and Grundy splitting time

Yes, I hope so too, but not the vibe his answer gave off to me. Talking about how "we like the combination" etc
He was saying that after we dropped him. That's a stock standard robo-goody line if I've ever heard one.

He was saying that after we dropped him. That's a stock standard robo-goody line if I've ever heard one.

so the plan hasn't changed at all and it will go back to what it was before we dropped him. Epic. :sweatsmile:

Agreed. Smith is a much better option considering the requirements of the role.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Smith is already locked into the team though, he'll either be sub or in the 22 for the rest of the year barring injury.

Petty has gone down for the rest of the year so we might as well start work this week finding out which other tall is worth having in the 23 come first final.

Not sure it would be sensible to go into a final with Smith as the second tall forward because none of our other talls offer the flexibility he does if changes are required mid-game forward or back. IMO if Smith is forward then Tommo has to be playing or else Lever has to defend and spuds it up.

0:55 mate, "there is clearly going to be times when hes forward of the ball and there is clearly going to be some time when hes in the ruck"
Yeah i got that as well , we shall see how it pans out . I just don't want to see JVR at centre bounces . I also want to see if "Razor Ray" has learnt how to bounce the ball above his head yet .

Which means expect to Max to be playing forward a fair bit too, holding his hand in the air and our mids bombing it on his head again.

Sad times. :(
Star Wars GIF

Dont mind me, im just deploying my MFC coping mechanism, preparing my mind for the worst possible outcome so im not disappointed if it does happen.

Fritsch, JVR and Smith with some Petracca is plenty in the forward line once we have Slick back. I'd run with a small backline with Pig and Rivers helping out the talls. Melksham as sub so he can brought in and Smith moved back if things need shaking up defensively. Obviously no Grundy.

No, after continuing to watch the press conference I was right, "its about maximising THEIR time when THEY are forward of the ball" ...we are doomed, season over pack it in.

No, after continuing to watch the press conference I was right, "its about maximising THEIR time when THEY are forward of the ball" ...we are doomed, season over pack it in.
Hopefully we go back to the early plan and have BOTH forward in the same marking contest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you watch again but play the audio in reverse Goody speaks in Satanic verses of his plan to play both Grundy and Gawn out of the goalsquare and James Jordon in the ruck.

If you watch again but play the audio in reverse Goody speaks in Satanic verses of his plan to play both Grundy and Gawn out of the goalsquare and James Jordon in the ruck.
Jebus, didn't even occur to me that Jimmy Jason was still in the team. :drunk:

Nothing about Josh Schache kicking 7 in a grand final?

Madness going with what didn’t work (Gawndy) for most of the season with top two on the line.

Had to be Schache or would honestly rather them have blooded Jefferson.

How is James Magner out reaching our 2 full backs 😂
I'm pretty sure that's Sellar.

It's a wonderful photo. All of our backs go for the same uncontested ball, closing their eyes at the moment of contact and one attempts to spoil his teammates from actually marking it.

I'm pretty sure that's Sellar.

It's a wonderful photo. All of our backs go for the same uncontested ball, closing their eyes at the moment of contact and one attempts to spoil his teammates from actually marking it
Glorious. Old pre season gun himself Sellar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back