Preview Changes/preview - Round 24 v. Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s the grey area of injuries that prevent a player from playing, and injuries they play through with help of painkillers that could heal properly with three weeks rest.

I’d bet almost all “Managed” omissions are some sort of injury or injuries.
I think managed is also be used when a team doesn't want to admit a player was omitted.

Meh in 2021 we had a bunch of time off while the Bulldogs had to play an extra game. Heaps of people were wringing their hands about that until we smashed them and it changed to 'The Bulldogs just ran out of gas after their difficult finals series."

There was only 1 week off at a time though. Not the same.

There’s the grey area of injuries that prevent a player from playing, and injuries they play through with help of painkillers that could heal properly with three weeks rest.

I’d bet almost all “Managed” omissions are some sort of injury or injuries.

Then that's not rested. How many times do you recall Goody listing someone as "managed"?

In the week off between the prelim and the GF in 2021 they played a full intensity intraclub. Goody doesn't do rests.

Then that's not rested. How many times do you recall Goody listing someone as "managed"?

In the week off between the prelim and the GF in 2021 they played a full intensity intraclub. Goody doesn't do rests.
I still reckon they’d be nuts to play someone on Sunday when the game’s result is probably meaningless and that player or players can instead get a niggle right prior to finals. Whether they philosophically do rests or not.

I still reckon they’d be nuts to play someone on Sunday when the game’s result is probably meaningless and that player or players can instead get a niggle right prior to finals. Whether they philosophically do rests or not.

Mate, we're going around in circles and not even arguing the same things.

If someone is injured and it's better to not play them, that's what will happen. (That's what would usually happen anyway)
It someone is just the usual sore for this time of year, they won't rest them.

I think we agree on that yeah?

Don't really understand why he was brought in. Was it to up his trade value or something? He was ok, but isn't best 22.
Get a look at him ahead of finals, I guess. Says a lot about how Jordon and Harmes are viewed atm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They clearly love Disco. Agree he's more interceptor than shutdown kpd. They must really want that mobility in the backline.

I don't mind it, this is the game to test it if they were going to and there's no one else in the 2s I particularly want in so I'm pretty happy with the team. Love that Fritta's back. I've much preferred selection day this year to last year.

I must be the only one here who is happy to see that Tomlinson campaigner out of the team.
F****n' shat himself early in the year and handpassed the ball directly out of bounds, and I've never forgotten it and I will never forgive him either.
"But but but Lever and May play better when he's in the side!!" Yeah well imagine how good Lever and May will play when they're not tryna cover for a bed-wetting b-grader with a shitty attitude.

See you Tommo.

Welcome to the party Disco!!!

If there’s even the hint of a seed of doubt in Maysie’s mind about his hammy, we should rest him. 4th sewn up, ‘home’ final against Pies 90% the likely outcome anyway.

Reckon Tomo plays.

A bit tough on Laurie. He gets one game and does enough to earn 2 consecutive games and bam he is dropped.

A bit tough on Laurie. He gets one game and does enough to earn 2 consecutive games and bam he is dropped.
We're getting ready for finals and someone had to make way for Fritsch. Easiest decision ever to drop him.

We're getting ready for finals and someone had to make way for Fritsch. Easiest decision ever to drop him.
I like because he has a suicidal attack on the ball, similar to Petty.

Expecting some late changes now that Brisbane have stitched up second.

No Daicos Pies @ G
or
Lions @ Gabbatoire …

No brainer for mine. Lions undefeated at Gabba this season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back