Preview Changes/preview - Round 24 v. Sydney @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomo has been treated wayyy worse than Grundy

Yep, we play best when hes in the team. Seems dumb to me (I say this as a Disco fan, just worried about Lever if Disco doesnt hold up against the bigger guys, cant play his natural game)

If May is a late out for Tomo it makes far more sense.

Saints resting Max King too. Think the 4 is set barring something absolutely extraordinary. Bring on the Pies.

Seriously why would you add in a guy who's hasn't played all year in this team and omit a guy who's going alright. Team cohesion not a thing anymore?

He did play against Gold Coast, got monstered by Casboult.

Don’t get the love for Tomo. Is he supposed to be guaranteed games or something?

Too top heavy with three talls in defence unless certain opposition attacks demand it.

Good depth player but certainly no walk up.

Wow, Turner in. I used to be pretty good at predicting the ins and outs. I’m nowhere near it recently.

Seems like a small backline compared to Sydney running with Amartey, McLean and McDonald.

Sydney run the exact type of forward line that Tomlinson would be suited for

Both Lever and Turner who are at their best as an interceptor. Lever isnt horrid as a proper tall defender, but he’s also not good. Turner has already been exposed for strength and size at AFL level as a proper defender.

Strange stuff.

Is he supposed to be guaranteed games or something?

He guarantees wins more importantly :cool:

Dancing Potato did the research, we've won like 18 of our past 19 games (or something like that) when May, Lever and him start on the ground.

With D.Turner named , i suspect Tomlinson has been sent back to Casey for their finals match, other wise Adams would have been the senior defender . I didn't think Turner had done enough to warrant senior selection , so clearly i have no idea either .

Team balance just doesn’t look right without Smith as sub. As much as I have little confidence in Tmac, if he starts forward with Smith as sub you can pull off Turner or Tmac if either are playing poorly.

Assume Tmac or Tomo have to start sub but they can only play one specific position each.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking through this, maybe they are giving Turner a game to decide if he’s even viable in the event of injuries during the finals.

If Turner has a shocker they put a line through him for this year.

Maybe they did that with Laurie last week too. That was another surprise selection for mine so close to finals.

Thinking through this, maybe they are giving Turner a game to decide if he’s even viable in the event of injuries during the finals.

Maybe they did that with Laurie last week too. That was another surprise selection for mine so close to finals.
Its maybe a clue as to what we are looking at in this years draft/trade. Just a closer look at where Laurie and Disco are up to. With a view as to types we need.

Plus, as jhong mentioned above - maybe they're using Tommo as the leader of the Casey backline in a do or die game given there likely won't be anything riding on our one by the time we get there? Bit of a double whammy that way.

Or, perhaps we even see a late change with May out and Tommo in? I've been suss on May's hammy all week after he looked proppy at the end of the Hawks game, he might be under a could and they're giving him until the last minute?

Last edited:
Plus, as jhong mentioned above - maybe they're using Tommo as the leader of the Casey backline in a do or die game given there likely won't be anything riding on our one by the time we get there? Bit of a double whammy that way.

Or, perhaps we even see a late change with May out and Tommo in? I've been suss on May's hammy all week after he looked proppy at the end of the Hawks game, he might be under a could and their giving him until the last minute?
If there’s any doubt on May’s hamstring he can’t be risked.

Or, perhaps we even see a late change with May out and Tommo in? I've been suss on May's hammy all week after he looked proppy at the end of the Hawks game, he might be under a could and they're giving him until the last minute?
They could be resting someone.?

Why would they rest someone when there's a bye next week? Resting for one week goes against Goody's philosophy, let alone two.
Unless a player has a genuine injury that could benefit from what would effectively be three weeks’ rest between the Hawks game and the first final.

Unless a player has a genuine injury that could benefit from what would effectively be three weeks’ rest between the Hawks game and the first final.

Maybe I'm being semantic, but I wouldn't call that 'rested' then. That's simply missing through injury.

Honestly I don't think an extra weeks rest would make too much of a difference to form considering how teams train in the lead up to finals.

The problem can be though - If you win the first final then you go into a prelim having only played 1 game in a month. Not ideal.

The problem can be though - If you win the first final then you go into a prelim having only played 1 game in a month. Not ideal.
Meh in 2021 we had a bunch of time off while the Bulldogs had to play an extra game. Heaps of people were wringing their hands about that until we smashed them and it changed to 'The Bulldogs just ran out of gas after their difficult finals series."

Maybe I'm being semantic, but I wouldn't call that 'rested' then. That's simply missing through injury.
There’s the grey area of injuries that prevent a player from playing, and injuries they play through with help of painkillers that could heal properly with three weeks rest.

I’d bet almost all “Managed” omissions are some sort of injury or injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back